Refurb Petition! WHat the ####?!

mary219

Don't be surprised if when you get there you encounter an empty parking lot and a moose, I mean mouse out front telling you they are closed for repairs.

walleyworld.jpg

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

PhotoDave219

That is a very rude thing to say to someone that is obviously disappointed and looking for a supportive place to vent. Everyone is entitled to be upset and say things that reflect their mood. I guess that people are entitled to make rude comments as well, though.

No, as much as Paul and i dont agree, I'm sticking up for him on this one. Its June, Disney is announcing their rehabs at least 60 days out in this case. Adjust your schedule accordingly and deal with it. :rolleyes:

disney9752

complaining

as pointed out by MANY others, there is not really a "slow period" at wdw anymore. if hm had waited till after hallowen, it would have been down for the critical week after christmas. anyone that has ever had the pleasure of being at wdw during this time knows it NUTS. it is very common for 3 if not all 4 of the parks parking lots to close due to high attendance. you wait in linve almost 2 hours for EVERY attraction, even the tta has a long wait. no why in the world would disney close an attraction if they could avoid it during a period that is known for breaking attendance records? then we say wait till next year, o yes, let the hm go ahead & fall apart in the mean time, plus have it closed during the easter- spring break period which is almost as crazy as the week after xmas. if your upset about things closed during this time, try going the week after christmas when the parks are all decorated & EVERYTHING is scheudled to be open, but u wait in line forever for anything. try waiting in line for the bathroom.......:mad:

JWG

They could have very easily held off until late September and then done each refurb while park attendance is down.

HM went down after the busy spring season so it could come back online for MNSSHP. I think it would be absolutely inappropriate for the Haunted Mansion to be down for Refurb during a separate paid event that is tied to that attraction.

SSE, one could argue, went down to be up and running for what could be an Epcot 25th anniversary period. I get its not opening until mid-November and the real anniversary is October, but its close and was closer until the recent delay.

I hadn't heard anything about RnRc being down, nor VofLM being down. Truth is, yea it sucks, but they're building a better Disney and at a destination that large, you better expect something to be down at each park at all times. You can't Refurb one attraction at a time or you'd never keep up.

I'm not excited that we can't do HM and SSE when we go, two of my favorites (and usually with shorter lines) but oh well.

wvdisneyfamily

No, as much as Paul and i dont agree, I'm sticking up for him on this one. Its June, Disney is announcing their rehabs at least 60 days out in this case. Adjust your schedule accordingly and deal with it. :rolleyes:

Gee, wish I had the luxury of adjusting accordingly but my job prevents it. Anyway - I wasn't complaining about the refurb in the quote you took out of my post. I was simply saying that it is rude to snap or be sarcastic to someone that is disappointed.

Thessair

Well where do I start...
As for you saying theres no "slow" periods. Have you been to WDW in the middle of October? If so, you'll know that the most you will ever wait for a ride is abotu 30 min. Also, what about January and February where is quite common for the overnight lows to dip into the lower 50's and upper 40's? I'm sure people love walking around WDW while getting frost bit. :hammer:

As someone who goes usually twice in October every year, I can say that 30 minute wait time comment is a bit of an exaggeration. Test Track, Soarin', Pan, Everest, and Space Mountain to name a few almost always seem to have wait times around 60 minutes or more. I wish I never had to wait more than 30 minutes to ride anything.

Also, you aren't going to get frostbite in 40-50 degree weather. It's certainly better than being out in there in the 100'ish degree temperatures of summer.

kucarachi

Original Poster
Wine and Cheese Committee

Yes i am the first winer about the rehabs, but its not like im saying my whole trip is ruined. I have been there many times as a kid and the last 7 years in a row, so i've done everything there. We are taking a first timer and im just frustrated that you only hear about the rehabs 2 to 3 months before they happen....
WHat gets me more than anything is that in january nobody knows that things need to be rehabbed? Why not disclose some of that info before people set vacations in stone. I completely understand that things need fixed, painted and thats 90 percent of what makes disney so great...everytime you go the rides look new.

Other than a malfunction or serious accident though, why cant there be any foresite to say at the very least 6 months in advance when your going to do things. If i was going to a concert....lets say U2 for example...i would be mad if i got to the concert and they replaced bono with sanjaya and expected me to be happy.

So as a business rule i would request that they designate franchise rides for all 4 theme parks and only 1 of those rides can be down at any time due to planned maintenance. I mean im only a 2hr ride away some people come from Far away countries and would have liked to have known that if they would have booked 2 days earlier back 8 months ago they could have rode HM or RnR coaster.....or even more advanced when you buy your tickets it tells you what rides will be down when you go! just a thought..and i used up my box of tissues so im going to wally world..i mean walmart.....wait one more vent though..

I really do enjoy these after hours things like P&P party, MNSSHP, etc...but every year i feel they are adding so many that they are slightly screwing the average family that cant afford the extra 200 bucks to go to these things, yet they only get the park till 6pm or 7pm when most nights its open till 9 or 10. Why not grant the people that already paid that day for a regular ticket the chance to pay half price for the special nights...or even include the parties in the water parks and more option having it use up 2 to 3 of your credits per person..just a thought.

Imaginationeer

I much rather the rides be closed then see them in a condition that would just make you more mad. It has been years in the making and now is the time. Expect three attractionsto be down through the end of 2008, and i'm confirming that through official sources.

LoriMistress

I much rather the rides be closed then see them in a condition that would just make you more mad. It has been years in the making and now is the time. Expect three attractionsto be down through the end of 2008, and i'm confirming that through official sources.

Hey there MMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. KKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My suggestion is to try to make the best of it, there is plenty to do in WDW to let a couple of closures ruin your whole vacation.

If you really are so distraught over it, perhaps not going right now would send a louder message than a petition. Especially if you cancelled all reservations and told them why.

DisneyGigi

If a ride is going to be down that is one of your favorites while you are there, of course you are going to be upset! RNRC is my fave ride and this is when my trip is scheduled. I am very sad, My whole family loves this ride and we won't spend as much time at MGM if it is down...
Point being though, I agree.. let people vent... no need to be ugly about it, the trip will still be good, but nobody wants the rides they love the most to be closed when they are there, we all want progress at Disney right? But we hope it takes place when we are not there. Isn't that the kid in all of us? If you have certain things in mind that you "can't wait to do" and then they are closed it does stink!
Just my take:shrug:

Iakona

I'm glad some people dont mind forking over nearly 2500 to 3000 and getting the shaft...they call those kind of people shmucks where i come from (but i dont mean you of course)...How about next time you go to a movie and they replace the ending with an old lite bright commercial....because there are no guarantees when you buy the ticket. By the way are you a writer for the last episode of the sopranos?

Nothing personal i just want to shove the epcot wand somewhere when people do the whole you got issues i got tissues thing....Do you eat a steak thats rare when you ask for well done, do you drink diet coke when you ask for coke? Would you drive away in a pinto if you paid for a mercedes benz? i hope not, and i expect the same when i shell out the price of a used car to something. You must have never been in a Union have ya?

Wow. Those examples are completely irrelevant. When you buy a ticket for a movie; that movie is the product. At WDW you are purchasing park admission; not specific ride admission. If these rides are the only reason that you are going to WDW then I think you have overpaid (I heard the word schmuck mentioned; not you of course).
By the way, how does belonging to a Union enter into this?

Larry Mondello

I'm glad some people dont mind forking over nearly 2500 to 3000 and getting the shaft...they call those kind of people shmucks where i come from (but i dont mean you of course)...How about next time you go to a movie and they replace the ending with an old lite bright commercial....because there are no guarantees when you buy the ticket. By the way are you a writer for the last episode of the sopranos?

Nothing personal i just want to shove the epcot wand somewhere when people do the whole you got issues i got tissues thing....Do you eat a steak thats rare when you ask for well done, do you drink diet coke when you ask for coke? Would you drive away in a pinto if you paid for a mercedes benz? i hope not, and i expect the same when i shell out the price of a used car to something. You must have never been in a Union have ya?

You are absolutley right of course, but a majority of people on this board think that Disney can do no wrong.

LoriMistress

This post has to be a joke, right?

I'm glad some people dont mind forking over nearly 2500 to 3000 and getting the shaft...
You call missing three attractions in September getting the shaft? How about losing your luggage? Or not finding your reservation? Or losing your tickets? Or not having vacation insurance? I would consider those examples "getting the shaft." Not going to your favorite attraction is an incovenince. It's a part of life.

So because I spend $2000 or more on going to WDW means that I can do whatever I want on vacation?! I get annoyed when hyprocrites on this site cannot stand it when someone says, "I spend (fill in blank) ammount on WDW and I never/better/demand/etc. (fill in the blank.)" But when there are a few things that you plan don't go as you want it to, then the rules change for you doesn't it?

they call those kind of people shmucks where i come from (but i dont mean you of course)...
So someone who spends $2000 or more on their vacation who are upset that RcRc and a few other attractions are closed are shmucks than?

How about next time you go to a movie and they replace the ending with an old lite bright commercial....because there are no guarantees when you buy the ticket.

We're not talking about movies. We were talking about a group of people who want to start a pety petetion becuase they feel they're getting ripped off. If these people are so annoyed with the fact that a few attractions will ruin their vacation, they should just cancel their trip and rebook it during the time when they're favorite attractions are up.

Oh, your retort just proves MY point. That's the risk when you pay to see a movie...the movie might actually SUCK. That's a part of life. You're not gonig to like every movie that comes across.

By the way are you a writer for the last episode of the sopranos?

Oh...I get it. You were trying to be funny. Actually, I never watched the Sopranos and don't care to. The show is over-rated. The only person I know who has talent that lives in New Jersey is Kevin Smith.

Your point completely doesn't make since. Again, it just proves MY point. Did you sign a contract with Disney? Did you read the fine print of your tickets that your purchased? Since you're a member on this site you should knowthat there the guest is guarenteed nothing but park admittance when you purchase your ticket.

I find it ironic how the same people who complain about how the park should be maintained more and the rides/attractions needs refurbishment/rehab, but when they do it during the time when they decided to plan their vacation--than it becomes an issue.

It's one thing to be annoyed when your favorite attraction won't be running. I was upset when Alien Encounter was closed a few weeks before our vacation and BTMRR was closed as well. But it's a part of life. There will always be a restaurant/ride/attraction/etc. that will be shut down for some time.

That's fine if you are this upset over a stranger on Disney message boards when I'm just giving my own opinion. I'm not upset with you. I have better things to do with my life than to get butt-hurt over a comment. If you really don't have much else to do than to argue online...than be my guest. I'm not going to continue to approve of this poor behavior. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed that some are throwing temper tantrums over this issue.

Yes--it sucks that three big attractions will be close temporary during this time. But if these three rides will "ruin your vacation" than change your vacation to another time when the rides are open. Other than that...let sleeping dogs lie. Bite the bullet. Other fish in the sea. Blah, blah, blah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom