Refurb Petition! WHat the ####?!

kucarachi

Original Poster
I dont know if its true yet i just read that RnR coaster will be down the day after labor day? So your telling me If you go Sep 2nd (which we are) You miss The haunted mansion, Space Ship Earth, And Rock n Roller Coaster....I think we should all be entitled to an upgrade to the contemporary then! Each one of those rides is arguabaly the best ride at each park (im sure they are not everyones). For a year of a million dreams they sure know how to keep you up at night. Its not just that you miss the ride....your adding 10 to 15 minutes wait time to almost every ride around it.

Someone please tell me that they were joking about that....then i read the voyage of the little mermaid might be down too very soon (not one of my favorites trust me, but the old lady likes her singing sushi). Is this considered a disaster on the level of a hurricane? Maybe i should sign up for trip insurance? THe only thing left to go down is Expedition Everest! Am i alone at thinking that they had 6 months this year to do one ride every two months instead of 3 at once? I mean they build a darn house in a week on ABC im sure disney can get the same type of effort. Oh well, i guess thats why universal isnt that far away.

gotribe07

I dont know if its true yet i just read that RnR coaster will be down the day after labor day? So your telling me If you go Sep 2nd (which we are) You miss The haunted mansion, Space Ship Earth, And Rock n Roller Coaster....I think we should all be entitled to an upgrade to the contemporary then! Each one of those rides is arguabaly the best ride at each park (im sure they are not everyones). For a year of a million dreams they sure know how to keep you up at night. Its not just that you miss the ride....your adding 10 to 15 minutes wait time to almost every ride around it.

Someone please tell me that they were joking about that....then i read the voyage of the little mermaid might be down too very soon (not one of my favorites trust me, but the old lady likes her singing sushi). Is this considered a disaster on the level of a hurricane? Maybe i should sign up for trip insurance? THe only thing left to go down is Expedition Everest! Am i alone at thinking that they had 6 months this year to do one ride every two months instead of 3 at once? I mean they build a darn house in a week on ABC im sure disney can get the same type of effort. Oh well, i guess thats why universal isnt that far away.

Even though that the dates are VERY tentative for the RNRC refurb I completely agree with what you said.

The timing of the SSE and HM reburbs is HORRIBLE. I still can not understand why Disney would choose to close two major attractions during peak season... :shrug: They could have very easily held off until late September and then done each refurb while park attendance is down.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
1. You are guarenteed nothing but park admittance (as long as you play nice with others) with your ticket.

2. There really is no such thing as low park attendance anymore.

wvdisneyfamily

I am so glad to have some people to share my anger with. Everybody posts these comments like "it had to happen on someone's vacation" or "there really isn't a down time at Disney anymore". You know what, sit back and say it had to happen on somebody's vacation, but tell me - is it happening on YOUR vacation? Probably not because you wouldn't be sitting back so calmly saying that. I'll be there only during the closures of SSE and HM, but I totally sympathize and feel very sorry for those that will be visiting during the 3 big closures. The poor planning and refurb schedule doesn't change my love for Disney and I won't let it ruin my trip, but it certainly makes me sad to think of the HM and SSE being closed during my trip.:mad:

wvdisneyfamily

That is a very rude thing to say to someone that is obviously disappointed and looking for a supportive place to vent. Everyone is entitled to be upset and say things that reflect their mood. I guess that people are entitled to make rude comments as well, though.

Jesùs_Carioca

1. You are guarenteed nothing but park admittance (as long as you play nice with others) with your ticket.

2. There really is no such thing as low park attendance anymore.

It's bad timing, that it is. But...it could get worse though... haha, Everest COULD shut down. Remember that, eh? It'll be alright.

kucarachi

Original Poster
jesus got my back!

Thanks jesus! i feel better already, lol im serious! just needed to see if i was the only whiner. thanks again!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I really think that you will find PLENTY of other things to completely fill your every waking moment in the World! :sohappy:

It's a RARE trip indeed that you succeed it seeing and doing EVERYTHING that you want to do! :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
News flash: Nothing at Disney is saying the attraction will be closed. Atleast wait until something official of any sort comes out to complain.

Larry Mondello

Don't be surprised if when you get there you encounter an empty parking lot and a moose, I mean mouse out front telling you they are closed for repairs.

walleyworld.jpg

DisneyDellsDude

There will still be plenty else to see in the parks.:)
At least it is not as bad as Disneyland before their 50th celebration.
That was 1 park with more than just 1 E-ticket down...

WDWFigment

I'll be at WDW in late August when both HM and SSE will be down, and I still concede that it had to happen on someone's vacation. It's my vacation, oh well. Things will be better next time I'm there. Heck, I'd take half of each park being closed if that meant things were really being brought up to snuff.

Just remember, it's Walt Disney World, the place is so full of things to do that you'll never run into any time where you scratch your head and say, "I've done it all." If you think you have, you've definitely missed a lot.

Larry Mondello

Even though that the dates are VERY tentative for the RNRC refurb I completely agree with what you said.

The timing of the SSE and HM reburbs is HORRIBLE. I still can not understand why Disney would choose to close two major attractions during peak season... :shrug: They could have very easily held off until late September and then done each refurb while park attendance is down.

Dude your tribe just got a walk off home run.

Rob562

...and had the Haunted Mansion closed for the Halloween season and all of the MNSSHP parties... (people that pay $40 a ticket won't really mind having the mansion closed...)

...and shifted the 4-month-long Spaceship Earth closure to be from late-September through late-January...(Thanksgiving and Christmas don't bring in all THAT many people, so it won't bother anyone, right?)

If WDW scheduled refurbs so that only one "major" attraction was closed across the ENTIRE property at any given time, and then only in the "slow" periods, things would never get refurbed. (each attraction would close only once every 14-15 years by my rough estimation) "Sorry Everest, I know there's dust and mold everywhere, and that the Yeti's arm just fell off, but you're gonna have to wait until the spring of 2021"

-Rob

jmvd20

I think WDW should build (2) of everything, that way they can keep one open while the other is being redone.

EpcotGrl

It's bad timing, that it is. But...it could get worse though... haha, Everest COULD shut down. Remember that, eh? It'll be alright.

True...when I was there in January, Splash & RnRC were both down for rehab & Everest was shut down almost the entire day I was at AK. I'll be unhappy if RnRC is down while I'm there this time, but ya gotta roll with the punches, folks :animwink: :wave:

slacker

I agree that having Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth closed is super disappointing. We're going mid-August and i was upset to find out that they were down.
I would definitely share your feelings about rock 'n' roller coaster being closed if it was rumoured to happen while we were there.

Sleepy01

I absolutely understand your frustration. It's nice to read that you aren't going to let it spoil your trip.

This is a Disney fan board. I bet most of the people saying 'It has to happen some time or someone's vacation' have had a favorite attraction, restaurant, show or some combination of the 3 down during one of their trips. I know I have. You have every right to be frustrated but it is what it is.

It comes with the territory. From what I know about the business world it might not be as easy as saying 'Let's do these refurb during the 'slow' time.' If it's in the fall they may have to deal with crossing fiscal years, budgets & all that jazz. Plus I am not sure when that 'slow' period is anymore.

disney9752

closings

just imagine the real nightmare, a huricane comes while ur at wdw & ALL PARKS are closed for a day. only one day assuming no major damage occurs. even better, you have severe thunderstorms in the area which causes SOOOOOOOO many attractions to close down, test track, splash, big thunder, jungle cruise, tom sawyer island, astro orbiter, dumbo, flying carpets in adventureland, not to mention parades being canceled. i know its bad timing, but disney trying to play nice & not upest anyones plans have already led to the sad shape most of mk is in. the rehabs need to be done NOW on their scheudle & not around the guests scheudles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom