Refurb Petition! WHat the ####?!

MickeyTigg

Thanks jesus! i feel better already, lol im serious! just needed to see if i was the only whiner. thanks again!

Why be a whiner....being disappointed is one thing, but get over it and deal with it. If it's that big of a deal...plan a trip for when the attractions will be open.

Save the drama for your momma!

There's nothing to see here people...move along.

Patsc85

It does stink that they have to refurb rides in general...let alone some of the coolest and most liked. But i'll be down there for 5 months...i'll ride them until I can't stand them once they re-open =]

Peterwhite171

Why be a whiner....being disappointed is one thing, but get over it and deal with it. If it's that big of a deal...plan a trip for when the attractions will be open.

Save the drama for your momma!

There's nothing to see here people...move along.

Thats all well and good IF Disney actually gave good notice when they do Refurbs. Disney needs to learn from OLC at Tokyo Disney again, there is the shinning example of how to announce the dates...4 months min. If this RNRC rehab is taking place on the rumored dates then thats just two months notice, most guests will have already booked by then. They should give 4 or 3 months at the very latest.

And yet it's not even official. Still waiting for Disney to announce the dates!

kucarachi

Original Poster
Thats all well and good IF Disney actually gave good notice when they do Refurbs. Disney needs to learn from OLC at Tokyo Disney again, there is the shinning example of how to announce the dates...4 months min. If this RNRC rehab is taking place on the rumored dates then thats just two months notice, most guests will have already booked by then. They should give 4 or 3 months at the very latest.

Thank you peterwhite! i thought i was living in a twilight zone where it was ok to shut down rides 30 days before you got to the park and be told your a baby! Not only do most people book before 90 days, they have you make dinner reservations at popular places up to 6 months in advance! how would you like it if when you got down there all the places you booked dinner at shut down for refurb and nobody told you that when you booked them! By the way i love disney..its almost like the sibling love because no matter what kind of crap they pull you still love them and visit them at least once a year. And i'll go next year as well, so for a big baby as im being called i contribute to the cause as much as anyone else does with my wallet. And yes this is still america isnt it, without complaint nothing gets done....but i'll watch my tongue in epcot when im passing germany and china!

raremerebear

I agree with the disappointment, and understand that not everyone can reschedule their vacations, but these refurbs aren't always strictly for cosmetic purposes. Heaven forbid that if someone were to get on RNRC and the ride malfunctioned and some tragedy happened that could've been prevented by a refurb & maintenance provided on that refurb. I think that anyone who has any knowledge of construction will know that it's not exactly a perfect science - in fact you can almost guarantee that there will be delays whether it's materials, equipment failure, etc. all normal things I see everyday at my office. Disney is no exception, they may have the ability to have situations fixed faster, but are susceptible to the same issues as others, so the HM (or any refurb where materials are to be shipped in) would still need time to pad for those instances. Off my soapbox.... :wave:

Horizons1

Rides have to be refurbed. Its gonna happen sometime and if it didnt happen to you, it would happen to somebody else. WDW is a huge vacation destination, just because these rides are gonna be closed does NOT mean that the whole property is gonna be shut down. Theres still so much to do in the parks, and if that doesnt help any, go explore the resorts.

Peterwhite171

Yes, everyone knows there are other things to do BUT most people are complaining about the complete lack of foresight that Disney is showing towards guests. Disney knows when a ride needs to be down for a Refurb and as soon as they know they should post and let the guests know. At the moment all we have is rumor, which in some ways is making the situation even worse. If this was indeed communicated in a CM update why not tell the paying guests at the same time!?

Rock and Roller Coaster is a E-ticket, something that draws people to the park and many will be looking forward to it, MGM is already in state where it has so little currently going for it taking RNRC out at short notice will surely have a negative impact on guests.

I agree Disney should give 90 days notice for MAJOR attraction refurbs. Anything less is unacceptable

kcnole

Personally, I wish they'd just close down every ride that is in bad shape and refurb them all at once. However I am very happy that the best rides are currently down getting refurbed because they are all in awful shape. Personally I'd rather see a closed ride getting some love than to ride a ride that is in horrible shape.

The reason all the rides have been allowed to get to the bad shape that they are in is due to wanting to keep them open to keep guests from complaining. In all honesty there should always be at least one attraction down at all times in a major refurb, but things are so bad right now, they're going to have to shut down multiple rides at a time.

Someone mentioned TDL, I wish they'd follow their ways. There is always at least one major ride closed at a time it seems. And all of their rides stay in tip top shape. So as it stands, I'm going to wait until the majority of these refurbs are complete to plan my next trip because I want to see the world in its best condition in years. Its sad for those who have to be there while its happening, but they need to realize that these attractions are in drastic need of repair, so unless they just want to see them get worse they have to close at some point, and that point will always be while someone is on vacation.

Peterwhite171

Agreed. WDW Management please follow the example set by Tokyo Disney resort and keep your rides up to speed and ANNOUNCE refurb dates in good time, not leaving them to the last few months before they happen!

The Mom

Premium Member

Back in the stone age (before the internet) you would have NO advance notice that an attraction was being refurbished. You would arrive at the park, and see a sign in front of it. Did it ever occur to anyone that there may be a potential safety issue involved? Sort of like when you find out during a routine check that your tires are getting worn. You may not have to replace them immediately, but know that you will have to do it sooner than planned rather than when it's more convenient, or risk an accident.

The plan may have been to wait until HM was finished, but perhaps something has forced a change in the plan.

And I agree, I wasn't particularly happy to arrive and unexpectedly find my favorite rides closed, way back when, but I got over it.

PhilharMagician

This has got to be the best thread ever. I have never seen so much BS flying around.

To all that visit any amusement or theme parks

All rides & shows are not guaranteed to be open! This is just silly that anyone would even think that. Being disappointed is expected (been there to many times to count), but petitions?:confused:

As far as busy and slow times in the parks. I would take mid August - September anytime for low crowds, but the heat for me is to much. It is one of the slowest time frames that I have ever visited WDW and it is the same time every year that you will see a rise in refurbs. If you watch the calender you will always notice that there are almost never any refurbs going past the third Sunday in November. Simply because Thanksgiving has arrived and the crowds are insane.

PhilharMagician

Back in the stone age (before the internet) you would have NO advance notice that an attraction was being refurbished. You would arrive at the park, and see a sign in front of it. Did it ever occur to anyone that there may be a potential safety issue involved? Sort of like when you find out during a routine check that your tires are getting worn. You may not have to replace them immediately, but know that you will have to do it sooner than planned rather than when it's more convenient, or risk an accident.

The plan may have been to wait until HM was finished, but perhaps something has forced a change in the plan.

And I agree, I wasn't particularly happy to arrive and unexpectedly find my favorite rides closed, way back when, but I got over it.

Very good point. Still many people do not have computers and do not know of closures, or do not know how to find closure info on the WWW. Then you have the internet WDW discussion board junkies that unfortunately know everything. :animwink:

RedBaron

I dont know if its true yet i just read that RnR coaster will be down the day after labor day? So your telling me If you go Sep 2nd (which we are) You miss The haunted mansion, Space Ship Earth, And Rock n Roller Coaster....I think we should all be entitled to an upgrade to the contemporary then! Each one of those rides is arguabaly the best ride at each park (im sure they are not everyones). For a year of a million dreams they sure know how to keep you up at night. Its not just that you miss the ride....your adding 10 to 15 minutes wait time to almost every ride around it.

Someone please tell me that they were joking about that....then i read the voyage of the little mermaid might be down too very soon (not one of my favorites trust me, but the old lady likes her singing sushi). Is this considered a disaster on the level of a hurricane? Maybe i should sign up for trip insurance? THe only thing left to go down is Expedition Everest! Am i alone at thinking that they had 6 months this year to do one ride every two months instead of 3 at once? I mean they build a darn house in a week on ABC im sure disney can get the same type of effort. Oh well, i guess thats why universal isnt that far away.

I share your pain. I too am very disappointed that 2 of my all time favorite attractions will be closed when I am there. I think I heard about the SSE and HM closings like a week after I made my reservations for September. I know that for so many lucky people here that go to WDW a few times a year think that these closings are no big deal. But I think they are a big deal. I completely understand that things need to be fixed for safety reasons, cosmetic purposes, and to modernize attractions and I really do appreciate these updates. Maybe I am more bummed since I have not been to WDW in just about 9 years so having my favorites closed really stinks. Will we still have fun? Yes, i'm sure we will. Maybe the free dining will help fix some of my wounds. :eek:

kucarachi

Original Poster
Safety Issue

Im not sure either if anything is being shut down for safety reasons...but on the flipside of that if they think something is unsafe, does that mean its ok to let it be open all summer with heavy usage and volume? Wouldnt that equal more chances of whatever it is they think is going to go wrong to happen?
But most of these rides have been open for at least a decade now...after 10 years i would hope they would generally know when it needs to be painted and when it needs to tighten a few screws? But nonetheless there is plenty to do down there, and we'll just explore a few things we never gave a chance before or havent rode in years, like the country bears, or wonders of life if its open this year! (im not whining just wondering why its not always open)

And i do regret saying that i would rather go to universal, as fun as it is after 5 hours im looking for the exit gates!

vegetathedog

Also, it's not like HM or SSE were falling apart so your whole thing about Everest is totally bogus and pointless. Look, I know you love WDW and I love it too but it's ok to question Disney's decisions if they do not make any sense!

I rode both these rides in early May this year. I have to say that these rides were falling apart and needed help! Disney could keep these rundown rides open for the summer and have guests experience a subpar Haunted Mansion or Spaceship Earth. Or they can fix the problems asap and get the quality of the ride to Disney standards. I have been on the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland this year and can say with out a doubt that their Haunted Mansion exceeds the one in Florida by far. Over the past few years Disneyland has added new effects and fixed old ones. They have kept the Mansion looking 'fresh.' Disney World's version needs tlc asap. As for SSE this ride is dated. I enjoy it for what it is. A nostalgic reminder of what Epcot once was. I welcome a refurb and update to the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom