Reality takes on Fantasy, Reality up 1-0....

speck76

Original Poster
23705540.jpg

It is ugly...and about 200' tall

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Looks like I`m late to this one. Well, as has been said, it`s only a matter of time. The views at the CBR will be spoilt the most IMHO; a tropical paradise at Barefoot Bay with these 2 blocks on the horizon (thanks for digging, speck)

Pop Century could get away with it a little more since it`s more abstract. I doubt it`ll be a serious problem at Epcot; not only is there a good distance involved but with atmospherics and sun glare you`d have to have an unobstructed view from the proms north/north west to see them. I hope.

manutdfan1 said:
They put a fence around the property and they dont let guest get in because its perfecty legal its surrounded by disney grounds.
Sadly, they can`t. The land is only owned by Disney on 2 sides, with EPCOT Center Drive and 192 (both public highways) on the other 2. I recall something in the charter that stipulated Disney couldn`t landlock this parcel; hence the access road was built over 5 years ago. This hasn`t just happened overnight.

The only other parcel of land roughly the same is due east of Animal Kingdom; however it`s in Reedy Creek (literally) so I doubt the same problem would happen here.

MissK

Well hopefully it won't be TOO bad and if it is, maybe Disney can come up with a way to protect that sort of "You're not in America, you're in DISNEY" feeling.

PintoColvig

marni1971 said:
The only other parcel of land roughly the same is due east of Animal Kingdom; however it`s in Reedy Creek (literally) so I doubt the same problem would happen here.
Due east? I wasn't aware of this. I know there is non-Disney owned land due west of the Safari. Where is this land located to the east of AK?

DisneyRoxMySox

Correct me if I am wrong, but can't you see some Non-Disney hotels already from TL, over by DTD?

I never knew about the AKL, I can't bring myslef to acknowledge you can see a gas station from your room, that is terrible planning.

I don't like this at all, but I don't beleive anything can be done about it. :(

kcnole

Sadly, they can`t. The land is only owned by Disney on 2 sides, with EPCOT Center Drive and 192 (both public highways) on the other 2. I recall something in the charter that stipulated Disney couldn`t landlock this parcel; hence the access road was built over 5 years ago. This hasn`t just happened overnight.

I'm no lawyer but if I'm remembering my real estate courses correctly they couldn't just lock them out of using their own property anyhow. If somebody already owned this property with access to it and Disney bought all the property around it they'd still have to give them deeded access. I'm fairly certain you can't just buy all the property around someone and just close them out of getting to it as a way to force them to sell.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
PintoColvig said:
Due east? I wasn't aware of this. I know there is non-Disney owned land due west of the Safari. Where is this land located to the east of AK?
From what I can see, a small area right upto AKs SE border.

nor'easter

kcnole said:
I'm no lawyer but if I'm remembering my real estate courses correctly they couldn't just lock them out of using their own property anyhow. If somebody already owned this property with access to it and Disney bought all the property around it they'd still have to give them deeded access. I'm fairly certain you can't just buy all the property around someone and just close them out of getting to it as a way to force them to sell.
You're right. It's called an easement of necessity.

speck76

Original Poster
they could have been forced to bridge access over I-4. and through the property on the other side of I-4, which remains undeveloped

speck76

Original Poster
Here is a pic of the building currently under construction....part of the Fairwinds timeshare resort.....around 12 stories.....potentially 8 stories (80-100 feet) shorter than the new Hilton complex

peter11435

marni1971 said:
From what I can see, a small area right upto AKs SE border.
Actually that land is already built on. It is owned by the Tohopekaliga Water Authority. They have some small buildings and a few water strorage tanks built on the property.

lamarvenoy

Is it just me or does 30 acres seem very small for such a high number of rooms? I for one don't like it but there's nothing I can do except boycott. What is the arrangement for the the Hilton at DTD, do they rent or own?

speck76

Original Poster
lamarvenoy said:
Is it just me or does 30 acres seem very small for such a high number of rooms? I for one don't like it but there's nothing I can do except boycott. What is the arrangement for the the Hilton at DTD, do they rent or own?
it was a typo

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
WDWcouple said:
That would indeed be difficult unless the presidential suite will be carefully balanced atop a crane come Christmas time :xmas: :hammer:

I am talking about the exsisting towers of Bonnet Creek Resort. :wave: :hammer:

WEDisney

I am just wondering if the roads that they connect to are owned by Disney and is there a way for them to not allow access :p. My main concern is themeing. WDW cares very much about themeing things and allowing them to fit into the world around it. I know Hilton has a reputation as a great hotel chain but I wouldnt put them in the same group as Disney.
When I was there in January I stayed at the Caribbean Beach and the main building was clearly visible from Jamaica. Its time to request another island now :(.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom