Reality takes on Fantasy, Reality up 1-0....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
KumbaRider said:
What about a view of the Asian hotel? Was that part of the plan too? To have that and the Polynesian visible?

That`s where the idea falls apart. In theory the Asian may have been hidden from an Adventureland guest by landscaping, creating a visual `corridor` through to Seven Seas, but how would you hide the Persians Dome if Space Mountain was built where it should have been (where the CoP is)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
marni1971 said:
That`s where the idea falls apart. In theory the Asian may have been hidden from an Adventureland guest by landscaping, creating a visual `corridor` through to Seven Seas, but how would you hide the Persians Dome if Space Mountain was built where it should have been (where the CoP is)
sooo, if SM was in place of CoP instead of were it lies now outside of the tracks, would the building have to be the size of SM (DL) to fit in the park?

Main Street USA

DisneyJill said:
Actually, you can probably rank them somewhere above Disney. Hilton's service standards are among the top in the industry and I believe that you will find more 5 star properties in Hilton's family of brands (Waldorf, Conrad, Hilton, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, DoubleTree, Homewood Suites, Coral Resorts and Hilton Grand Vacation properties-the 5 stars being Waldorf's and Conrad's) than you will at Disney World. The top three hotel companies in the world are Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt-not Disney.

There are so many things wrong with this comparison of Hilton and WDW Resorts that I don't even know where to begin.

- Hilton has high service standards? That's fine, but they aren't any higher than Disney resorts. You're randomly claiming them to be higher with nothing to show as evidence.

- You'll find more 5 star properties under Hilton's name? Well, my god, I hope so. Hilton is worldwide....um...WDW Resorts are in Lake Buena Vista.

- A few of the "properties" you mentioned under Hilton's pocketbook are not all that nice, and certainly aren't any better than other hotel company's hotels.

- You say that the top three hotel companies in the world are Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt-not Disney, well, um again, you can't compare these three to Disney. Disney's hotels are located next to their parks. So, obviously they would never be considered as one of the top three hotel companies in the "world." It's like saying my softball team isn't considered one of the top three teams in the Major Leagues. Well, that's because we suck, and because we don't play in that league.

I haven't read all of your posts about Hilton, but I'm assuming you either work for them, or have some sort of vested interest in the company to want to continuously defend it's hotels. You sound a hair biased.

As for them building near WDW, I couldn't really care less. They will never be considered a part of WDW, will never have the perks that WDW's resorts have, and I won't ever be forced to look at or visit them when I'm on my magical vacation. Any view of them from any major area on WDW property is going to be faint and hazy at best, which means you'll have to really look for those buildings to see them.

All of that being said, I'll definitely go check the place out when it's finished. I'm sure it'll be a beautiful resort, but why anyone would choose to pay what they are going to charge rather than on WDW property is beyond me. In fact, I'm going to call you crazy in advance if you do so. Here goes.....you are CRAZY! ;)

wannab@dis

WDW doesn't have ANY 5 star/diamond locations... ;)

As far as Hilton properties being better than WDW... I would agree only if you consider the high end brands and do a correct comparison. More than likely, ANY of their brands have better service than the value resorts. Most of their brands have better service than the moderates.

When I (and I and most others) speak about services, it's more than Mickey Mouse wake-up calls and bus transportation. The one thing that Disney has over off-property locations is that touch of magic. The deluxe properties can compete with most of the Hilton brands, but the moderates and values are just out-classed.

That said... I'll still stay at the value on property and love it. :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A story about a Doubletree.

I know a place where the rooms are old and need new mattresses. The staff could care less, and the transportation to the local theme park is an old van that breaks down once a week. I know a manager who has to reopen the restaurant to meet standards every time the Hilton quality people come by, but the other 364 days of the year they give out free vouchers to the Dennys next door.

Is this uncommon? Not at all.

Hilton hotels are independently owned and operated and do everything they can to meet the standards set by Hilton on the day of inspection. They benefit from the bookings that come with the name.

It is NOT the same as a family of hotels that are constantly being scrutinized by its own company and employees.

DisneyJill

Main Street USA said:
There are so many things wrong with this comparison of Hilton and WDW Resorts that I don't even know where to begin.

- Hilton has high service standards? That's fine, but they aren't any higher than Disney resorts. You're randomly claiming them to be higher with nothing to show as evidence.

- You'll find more 5 star properties under Hilton's name? Well, my god, I hope so. Hilton is worldwide....um...WDW Resorts are in Lake Buena Vista.

- A few of the "properties" you mentioned under Hilton's pocketbook are not all that nice, and certainly aren't any better than other hotel company's hotels.

- You say that the top three hotel companies in the world are Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt-not Disney, well, um again, you can't compare these three to Disney. Disney's hotels are located next to their parks. So, obviously they would never be considered as one of the top three hotel companies in the "world." It's like saying my softball team isn't considered one of the top three teams in the Major Leagues. Well, that's because we suck, and because we don't play in that league.

I haven't read all of your posts about Hilton, but I'm assuming you either work for them, or have some sort of vested interest in the company to want to continuously defend it's hotels. You sound a hair biased.

As for them building near WDW, I couldn't really care less. They will never be considered a part of WDW, will never have the perks that WDW's resorts have, and I won't ever be forced to look at or visit them when I'm on my magical vacation. Any view of them from any major area on WDW property is going to be faint and hazy at best, which means you'll have to really look for those buildings to see them.

All of that being said, I'll definitely go check the place out when it's finished. I'm sure it'll be a beautiful resort, but why anyone would choose to pay what they are going to charge rather than on WDW property is beyond me. In fact, I'm going to call you crazy in advance if you do so. Here goes.....you are CRAZY! ;)

And YOU are so wrong about some of these things that I don't even know where to begin.

-I am not RANDOMLY claiming anything. I know the service standards for both and clearly, you do not. So please do not patronize me to seem as though I know nothing about either of these hotel brands as I formerly worked for Disney and currently work for Hilton. When you can tell me that you have worked for both as well, perhaps we can have this discussion.

-Yes, I will find more 5 star properties under Hilton's name because they are worldwide, but I think that Disney is as well...unless I do some bogus research and find that Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Orlando and Anaheim AREN'T worldwide.

-A few of the brands aren't that nice? Okay. I think you'll find that even some of the Disney properties need a little work every now and again.

-Yes, those are the three top hotel companies in the world. That is a fact, not something that I made up to impress people on a forum. And if Disney's hotels WERE 5 star and 4 Diamond, they would be renowned worldwide as well.

Yeah, I suppose I do sound a hair biased. Probably more than a hair. I am NOT bashing Disney's resorts. They are some of the nicest I have ever seen/stayed at. However, people like you come along with no background knowledge of Hilton (or Marriott or Hyatt or crap, Holiday Inn) and sit here and tell me that I don't know anything about them, either? I don't know when Hilton became the enemy. They AREN'T doing anything wrong-it's available land to build to build a money-making property on and they aren't doing anything that any other nationally recognized or little known company would do. It's opportunity and they seized it. If you don't want to stay there-don't! There are 30,000 other rooms OWNED by Disney that you can stay in. I am not claiming to be right and obviously this is a losing battle. However, I don't think that it's particularly respectful to tell someone that they are making things up, when it's something you are unsure of yourself.

peter11435

DisneyJill said:
-Yes, I will find more 5 star properties under Hilton's name because they are worldwide, but I think that Disney is as well...unless I do some bogus research and find that Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Orlando and Anaheim AREN'T worldwide .

Hilton has over 2700 hotels worldwide. Disney has 35. Need I say more.

DisneyJill said:
And if Disney's hotels WERE 5 star and 4 Diamond, they would be renowned worldwide as well.

Many of Disney's hotels are renowned worldwide even without 5 star and 4 Diamond ratings.

speck76

Original Poster
peter11435 said:
Hilton has over 2700 hotels worldwide. Disney has 35. Need I say more.

Many of Disney's hotels are renowned worldwide even without 5 star and 4 Diamond ratings.
Disney hotels are know due to their connection to the parks

many of the hotels at WDW are nothing more than a Red Roof Inn with a theme...

Computer Magic

speck76 said:
many of the hotels at WDW are nothing more than a Red Roof Inn with a theme...
Red Roof Inn :veryconfu I've stayed at a Red Roof Inn, I know Red Roof Inn....Disney is no Red Roof Inn :lol:

Red Roof Inn is for Hookers and Beer :lookaroun

Main Street USA

DisneyJill said:
And YOU are so wrong about some of these things that I don't even know where to begin.

-I am not RANDOMLY claiming anything. I know the service standards for both and clearly, you do not. So please do not patronize me to seem as though I know nothing about either of these hotel brands as I formerly worked for Disney and currently work for Hilton. When you can tell me that you have worked for both as well, perhaps we can have this discussion.

-Yes, I will find more 5 star properties under Hilton's name because they are worldwide, but I think that Disney is as well...unless I do some bogus research and find that Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Orlando and Anaheim AREN'T worldwide.

-A few of the brands aren't that nice? Okay. I think you'll find that even some of the Disney properties need a little work every now and again.

-Yes, those are the three top hotel companies in the world. That is a fact, not something that I made up to impress people on a forum. And if Disney's hotels WERE 5 star and 4 Diamond, they would be renowned worldwide as well.

Yeah, I suppose I do sound a hair biased. Probably more than a hair. I am NOT bashing Disney's resorts. They are some of the nicest I have ever seen/stayed at. However, people like you come along with no background knowledge of Hilton (or Marriott or Hyatt or crap, Holiday Inn) and sit here and tell me that I don't know anything about them, either? I don't know when Hilton became the enemy. They AREN'T doing anything wrong-it's available land to build to build a money-making property on and they aren't doing anything that any other nationally recognized or little known company would do. It's opportunity and they seized it. If you don't want to stay there-don't! There are 30,000 other rooms OWNED by Disney that you can stay in. I am not claiming to be right and obviously this is a losing battle. However, I don't think that it's particularly respectful to tell someone that they are making things up, when it's something you are unsure of yourself.
Wow, learn how to read. I never said half of things you claim I said. When you learn to pay attention and compare things as apples to apples, we'll talk. Until then, I'm wasting my time. You gloss over everyone else's points with no retort whatsoever, and focus in on moot things. I have no problem patronizing someone who won't take the time to read another's comments and respond intelligently.

You've been proven wrong by others above. Heck, this comment by Peter11435 shows how ignorant your comparison is:

"Hilton has over 2700 hotels worldwide. Disney has 35. Need I say more."

You're not making sense. But I can tell you're trying. So I'll stop here.

speck76

Original Poster
Main Street USA said:
Wow, learn how to read. I never said half of things you claim I said. When you learn to pay attention and compare things as apples to apples, we'll talk. Until then, I'm wasting my time. You gloss over everyone else's points with no retort whatsoever, and focus in on moot things. I have no problem patronizing someone who won't take the time to read another's comments and respond intelligently.

You've been proven wrong by others above. Heck, this comment by Peter11435 shows how ignorant your comparison is:

"Hilton has over 2700 hotels worldwide. Disney has 35. Need I say more."

You're not making sense. But I can tell you're trying. So I'll stop here.
Perhaps you could be a bit kinder in your words......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom