Progress at Everest!

djkidkaz

Im still skeptical as we haven't seen one photo or had confirmation from any of our trusted sources on the web. Screamscape is too hit and miss with their news for me.

Also, whatever happened to jt04 and Epcot Explorer? They were constant posters who I haven't seen around in quite some time.

wolf359

I'm not sure what a picture of a tarp in a pitch black room taken from a moving roller coaster would look like, but I doubt it would be of much use. ;) :shrug:

Hopefully as the summer season picks up we'll get more info. I'll be there in 10 days, but I'm sure by then we'll have more substantial info already.

the-reason14

But why would it just be a tarp when they could easily keep the lights off to "block" the view from guests?

Even though a lot of people want to believe that disney isn't doing or thinking about doing anything to fix the yeti, I'm sure they're trying. And imo, the tarp is a sign.

JustInTime

Oh yeah, they decided that even though they're not doing any work to fix the yeti, let's put a tarp in front of it to totally block guest's view at the main part of the ride. That makes total sense. :lookaroun

I wouldn't put it past them. They let is set broken for years I could see the tarp sitting their for just as long. Perhaps something worse is happening with the yeti that they had to cover it up? We really won't know until he attacks us. :cry:

Andrew54

But why would it just be a tarp when they could easily keep the lights off to "block" the view from guests?

Even though a lot of people want to believe that disney isn't doing or thinking about doing anything to fix the yeti, I'm sure they're trying. And imo, the tarp is a sign.

Because Disney prides itself with scrims and cover ups.

ABigBrassBand

Can they please re-work the scene to make it something new and exciting? If they are going through the trouble of covering it up, they might as well. And I'm sorry for being selfish on the issue, I won't be visiting the world until its done anywho :p

Craig & Lisa

Problem is, even though some motion will be better than nothing, we're all still going to be talking about how it used to be. Wouldn't it be great if they reworked that whole scene and made it even better than before.
That simple statement has to be the best one I have ever seen here, it's called progress, moving forward, or as Walt Disney would say, "PLUS IT"!

GrumpyFan

I don't get it. In spite of the fact that they are obviously doing something (finally) to fix the Yeti, there seems to be a lot of negativity. People seem to forget that this ride is a major draw for AK, and closing it would be a big hit on attendance (and cash flow) as well as spark a lot of guest complaints. At least they're keeping the ride open while they're attempting to fix him.

[rant]
I like coming to these boards to read about what's new and rumored at WDW, but the level of negativity here is sometimes worse than Al Lutz, it's as if people here just look for the worst in Disney. Not that I'm a "rose colored glasses, everything is great" kind of fan, but I at least try to give them a chance and not be too critical until they're finished.
[/rant]

hokielutz

They put up a tarp in the ride, and we call it improved??

I've heard of aiming low, but this seems extreme.

It is an improvement.... its an improvement over the last 3 years.... meaning something is getting done to bring the star of the attraction back to operational order...... (we all hope)

hokielutz

Im still hoping for some confirmation from Steve....

or a recent blurry attempt at a picture that shows the tarp while barreling through the room. Who has the guts to take their DSLR with a semi-pro flash unit on the ride?
be sure to turn off the auto focus before riding

Buried20KLeague

I don't get it. In spite of the fact that they are obviously doing something (finally) to fix the Yeti, there seems to be a lot of negativity. People seem to forget that this ride is a major draw for AK, and closing it would be a big hit on attendance (and cash flow) as well as spark a lot of guest complaints. At least they're keeping the ride open while they're attempting to fix him.

[rant]
I like coming to these boards to read about what's new and rumored at WDW, but the level of negativity here is sometimes worse than Al Lutz, it's as if people here just look for the worst in Disney. Not that I'm a "rose colored glasses, everything is great" kind of fan, but I at least try to give them a chance and not be too critical until they're finished.
[/rant]

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?

They've had 3 years (basically) with the star of thier marquee ride not functioning. 3 YEARS.

Exactly how long do we have to "give them a chance" before it's okay for it to upset us?

Give me a break.

When they do well, I praise. When they don't, I complain. There have been some things they've done well lately, and I've said as much. But there's still a fairly long list of things that make no sense what so ever, and even worse, are not the way things would have been done years ago.

I'm not trying to drag this thread into another "we hate TDO" thread... But it bugs me when I see someone... ANYONE... Cutting TDO slack on the yeti. 3 years. It's been broken for 3 years. Not one person should be okay with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom