Progress at Everest!

BrerFrog

I can confirm this, we just rode EE a couple of hours ago and the entire scene is completely dark. There was something blocking the yeti but the scene was too dark to even tell whether it was a tarp, a rock, or what. The only indication that there was supposed to be something there is the sound effects are still on, however they are turned waaaaay down. But it could be the speakers are just muted by whatever they are using to block the scene.

While it bugged me my daughter couldn't see the yeti, I was rather excited to see they finally are doing something to fix it.:sohappy:

Thanks for the report! :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I can confirm this, we just rode EE a couple of hours ago and the entire scene is completely dark. There was something blocking the yeti but the scene was too dark to even tell whether it was a tarp, a rock, or what. The only indication that there was supposed to be something there is the sound effects are still on, however they are turned waaaaay down. But it could be the speakers are just muted by whatever they are using to block the scene.

While it bugged me my daughter couldn't see the yeti, I was rather excited to see they finally are doing something to fix it.:sohappy:
Thanks for the update. Interesting.

Courtney1188

This is very good to hear!

Not that it will make much of a difference to me...I close my eyes at the yeti part regardless of whether or not it is in A-mode. Total wimp, I know.

Thrill Seeker

I remember back in 2004 when it opened, the lines would wrap around the building. But on recent trips dating all the way back to I would say 2007, SGE has been a walk on. I cant remember when was the last time I saw it, but I remember it wasn't working 100% effect wise, which is the whole point of the show so its been years since I've seen it.

It looked awful the last time I did it. One of the giant guns was broken, the room itself looked to be in disrepair and other effects weren't working as well as they should have. It needs to die already...

JustInTime

NEWS OF THE DAY! :sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
What is Joe Rohde doing? : o

He is definitely working on the new Hawaii DVC resort, which isn't even close to being completely constructed. They've got one of the towers almost done and are climbing with the other one. Long way to go.

He's not an engineer -he's an artist and visionary (can't you tell by looking at him? :lol:). He serves no purpose at this point in time when it comes to EE. He dreamed it, researched it, designed it, and supervised it's construction from a creative standpoint. Back then, he could only assume that the Structural Engineers had done their jobs properly - and we all know now that they failed miserably.

He's probably trying to keep his mind off of EE, honestly. I can only imagine if I poured years of my life into something as amazing as that attraction, only to have it's lead actor die a few years into its operation. It's got to be depressing, and frustrating.

tonya

My step-daughter called a couple of hours ago and said that the Yeti was completely GONE from Everest. All she heard were the sound effects.

_Scar

My step-daughter called a couple of hours ago and said that the Yeti was completely GONE from Everest. All she heard were the sound effects.

Cool!

It'll be interesting to hear how they removed it!

Going by chain of events, maybe they put a curtain up and dismantled it piece by piece? :shrug:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It looked awful the last time I did it. One of the giant guns was broken, the room itself looked to be in disrepair and other effects weren't working as well as they should have. It needs to die already...
We have experienced neither gun working; both were frozen for the whole show. If that didn`t constitute a 101 I don`t know what does.

Tigerace81

Screamscape put another update out.

(6/5/10) It seems the big screen is back up in front of the Yeti so they can begin to work on it, but in the meantime they have turned off nearly all the lights in that finale room save for one very small red light that is said to shine on a piece of “broken track”, but you blast through there so fast you may not even notice it.

Definitely a step in the right direction.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Curious time to start work on the Yeti, right at the start of the summer attendance boost, but I'm gald to see they're keeping the ride open.......

ttalovebug

Cool!

It'll be interesting to hear how they removed it!

Going by chain of events, maybe they put a curtain up and dismantled it piece by piece? :shrug:

Are we sure it's gone, or just covered? Riding through darkness doesn't confirm the AA itself is gone.........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom