Princesses may not rule fantasy land after all! Frontierland expansion rumor reality?

jakeman

Hey, if you're going to do something, do it right. If the panels are missing, they are missing. That kind of crap didn't happen in the early to mid-80s - maintenance and upkeep was of paramount importance. If holding them to their previous standards means I expect too much, then oh well, they can hate me.
I don't think you understand.

If you complain about everything thing, then nothing gets heard.

That includes every compliment being followed by, "You can do better though".

I don't think they hate you. I think they don't care about you.

Also, prove to me those panels were there in the early 80s.

Christi22222

Hey, if you're going to do something, do it right. If the panels are missing, they are missing. That kind of crap didn't happen in the early to mid-80s - maintenance and upkeep was of paramount importance. If holding them to their previous standards means I expect too much, then oh well, they can hate me.

I gotta agree here. Seriously, the original point of "too high fan standards" could be argued with other examples (maybe). But you spend all that money upgrading and improving an attraction, and it is too much BOTHER to make sure a couple of ceiling panels are in place? That says volumes to me. Get with the program. Details make the difference.

aladdin2007

Absolutely right. Look how they left the end of spaceship earth, a complete falling apart mess. And now it seems that kind of action is okay to do which just makes me :brick:.
As for being back on topic, wow tough crowd here lol, but its def fun to read and discuss all the different opinions and thoughts. :wave:

jakeman

I gotta agree here. Seriously, the original point of "too high fan standards" could be argued with other examples (maybe). But you spend all that money upgrading and improving an attraction, and it is too much BOTHER to make sure a couple of ceiling panels are in place? That says volumes to me. Get with the program. Details make the difference.
Even if it is panels were no one would see them unless you are looking for them?

I disagree here. It's like sticking your head out of a doom buggy and being miffed the wall behind you isn't themed.

If you are looking to be disappointed, you will find fault with everything.
Absolutely right. Look how they left the end of spaceship earth, a complete falling apart mess. And now it seems that kind of action is okay to do which just makes me :brick:.
As for being back on topic, wow tough crowd here lol, but its def fun to read and discuss all the different opinions and thoughts. :wave:
It's not the same thing...at all.

The panels aren't in any sort of natural line of sight.

Christi22222

Even if it is panels were no one would see them unless you are looking for them?

I disagree here. It's like sticking your head out of a doom buggy and being miffed the wall behind you isn't themed.

If you are looking to be disappointed, you will find fault with everything.
It's not the same thing...at all.

The panels aren't in any sort of natural line of sight.

Clearly we just have differences of opinion on this one. Hence the discussion. ;) Missing a couple of panels to me is tacky, and different than not spending the money to fully theme an area that is "off stage." I see one as not finishing the job right, and the other as choosing what is on vs. off stage. No one is complaining that the ceiling isn't themed to Small World with art and murals. But you certainly have a point that it's a slippery slope to constant disappointment and unhappiness. I'll try hard not to slide any further!

jakeman

Clearly we just have differences of opinion on this one. Hence the discussion. ;) Missing a couple of panels to me is tacky, and different than not spending the money to fully theme an area that is "off stage." I see one as not finishing the job right, and the other as choosing what is on vs. off stage. No one is complaining that the ceiling isn't themed to Small World with art and murals. But you certainly have a point that it's a slippery slope to constant disappointment and unhappiness. I'll try hard not to slide any further!
I think understanding where they are is very important to this discussion.

There is literally no way to see the missing panels unless you are looking for them. There is also no evidence that the panels were ever there to begin with that I can find (because to be honest, prior to the internet who spent their vacations taking picture of ceiling panels?).

To me that is the same as a backstage area. It's an area you have to make a conscience effort to see, much like seeing backstage takes some effort.

If they were dead in front of you, or even to the left or the right within your line of sight then I would agree, but their location precludes all but the determined to see it, again much like the unthemed walls of HM or looking around the simulator vehicle in Star Tours to see the hydrolics.

It doesn't affect the show unless you want it to. I think that is the point I'm trying to convey.

Christi22222

It doesn't affect the show unless you want it to. I think that is the point I'm trying to convey.

This I understand and makes sense. Point taken. "Trying" to ruin the show or find fault is definitely (in my opinion) going too far. I appreciate your effort to make your point. It's tough to convey subtle nuances in thoughts and ideas on the internet.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't think you understand.

If you complain about everything thing, then nothing gets heard.

That includes every compliment being followed by, "You can do better though".

I don't think they hate you. I think they don't care about you.

Also, prove to me those panels were there in the early 80s.

It makes you wonder if people are upset that what they complain about isn't addressed, or the fact that no one is listening to their complaints to begin with.

wizards8507

Somebody saw them or we wouldn't be discussing them.

Blatant exposure of the backstage area can be seen from the Lights, Motors, Action! show at DHS. If you're sitting on either side, you can look all around and see support buildings, vehicles, and characters who don't "belong together" riding in the same golf cart.

Big deal.

jakeman

This I understand and makes sense. Point taken. "Trying" to ruin the show or find fault is definitely (in my opinion) going too far. I appreciate your effort to make your point. It's tough to convey subtle nuances in thoughts and ideas on the internet.
No problem!

I'm glad we reached an understand.

I don't want to seem that I am defending shoddy work, but there are certain times when perspective comes into play big.

Exposed curtains and non-working glowy triangle things on SSE is bad; missing panels you can't see unless you try, let's worry about that when the rest of the park is perfect. :lol:

It makes you wonder if people are upset that what they complain about isn't addressed, or the fact that no one is listening to their complaints to begin with.
Good thing most just try and talk louder! :lookaroun

Biff215

WOW I am so excited about this if it is true, FLE did not need all those glorified princess meet and greets, I am a 24 yr old male, I really was not interested in the cinderella or aurora m&g's, the BATB restaurant sounds great, especially if they recreate the whole ballroom scene, and mermaid sounds great too, but as for everything else, in the words of Michael Kyle:

"ehhhh nehh"

DL was made for families, and its THAT philosophy that has made these parks so incredibly successful. Sure I could see having a couple of attractions and shops geared more towards the kiddies, but EVERYTHING should be able to be enjoyed by EVERYBODY.

While I respect your opinion, I also think that you (and many others) are taking Walt's words too far. The point of DL was to allow families to enjoy time together, but that doesn't mean that every attraction was going to be geared toward everyone. It's simply impossible to reach every guest every time. If we were talking about a massive thrill ride I doubt there would be much of an outcry that those guests under the height requirement were being left out. That's just a reality of theme parks today.

Also keep in mine that the M&G's, while geared toward younger guests, will be enjoyed by a wide range of people. They won't be checking your age or height at the door!

NewfieFan

So any other guesses as to where this temporary M&G is going to be?

It's in the MK, temporary, controversial, and then being turned into something else...

Diamond Horseshoe is a good thought... but I don't see how that would be controversial (unless people would be upset there's princesses in Frontierland)!?! :shrug:

lebeau

While I respect your opinion, I also think that you (and many others) are taking Walt's words too far. The point of DL was to allow families to enjoy time together, but that doesn't mean that every attraction was going to be geared toward everyone. It's simply impossible to reach every guest every time. If we were talking about a massive thrill ride I doubt there would be much of an outcry that those guests under the height requirement were being left out. That's just a reality of theme parks today.

Also keep in mine that the M&G's, while geared toward younger guests, will be enjoyed by a wide range of people. They won't be checking your age or height at the door!

So true.

I actually hate that Walt quote. It can be used to argue nearly any point. Walt wouldn't like thrill rides. Walt wouldn't like kiddie rides. The quote is so open to interpretation, it is almost meaningless.

I find when most people start complaining about something not being for "everybody" they are usually complaining because it's not for them.

lebeau

So any other guesses as to where this temporary M&G is going to be?

It's in the MK, temporary, controversial, and then being turned into something else...

Diamond Horseshoe is a good thought... but I don't see how that would be controversial (unless people would be upset there's princesses in Frontierland)!?! :shrug:

Are there any current FL attractions that aren't on the blue prints or concept art?

jakeman

Somebody saw them or we wouldn't be discussing them.
Sure, because they were looking for fault.

I can also see the boat return in PotC and the switch tracks on BTMR. Must be bad show there too.

Same with the cattle guards at Safari or the troll resetting in Malstrom if you look backwards towards the oil rig. More bad show.

Or any scene reset in GMR if you look backwards.

It really can go on and on and on.

If you want to be unhappy at Disney and see a lack of quality everywhere, you can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom