Princesses may not rule fantasy land after all! Frontierland expansion rumor reality?

Then you won't get the change to the degree you advocate.
Yeah but why would he want to support a company who doesnt seem fit to give the other parks in the resort love but instead wants to focus all of the attention on MK. They could have spent that 300 million on a major e ticket and dark rides for the MK instead of 85% of it being Princess Meet and Greets. On the other topic AK needs more attractions to bring it into full capacity and make it a full day park. Has that been done or even thought of by management and TDO, absolutely not. The next major addition to this park might not even be in the next decade which is very sad but one of the harsh realities of the new management that has taken over the parks. You can continue to be optimistic but things are looking good for the future of WDW.

wizards8507

I could never step in the park again and I won't get the change to the degree I advocate.

That's not how business works. McDonald's won't be going out of business because one person decides to go on a diet. Real change can only come about when the market as a whole begins to shift one way or another.

jakeman

Yeah but why would he want to support a company who doesnt seem fit to give the other parks in the resort love but instead wants to focus all of the attention on MK. They could have spent that 300 million on a major e ticket and dark rides for the MK instead of 85% of it being Princess Meet and Greets. On the other topic AK needs more attractions to bring it into full capacity and make it a full day park. Has that been done or even thought of by management and TDO, absolutely not. The next major addition to this park might not even be in the next decade which is very sad but one of the harsh realities of the new management that has taken over the parks. You can continue to be optimistic but things are looking good for the future of WDW.
Again, just because the FLE isn't what you or I want doesn't mean it doesn't serve a purpose.

If I can get on Splash Mountain 30 minutes faster because 2000 people are stuck in M&G that sounds like a win to me.

I could never step in the park again and I won't get the change to the degree I advocate.
There is nothing more to say.

You are refusing to use your buying power to secure a better product.
That's not how business works. McDonald's won't be going out of business because one person decides to go on a diet. Real change can only come about when the market as a whole begins to shift one way or another.
Exactly, but going on a diet and eat a little less McDonald's isn't going to drive the company to change either.

I think we are saying the same thing though. Change won't come until people start making the hard decision and instead of only taking in a little of the magic, do away with it completely and express their concern to the company.

Krack

That's exactly my point. TDO isn't changing it's thought process because I don't like their decisions. My opinion (and spending behavior) is irrelevant.

jakeman

That's exactly my point. TDO isn't changing it's thought process because I don't like their decisions. My opinion (and spending behavior) is irrelevant.
If there are two consumers with the same opinion and one keeps buying my widget for 16 years and doesn't say anything and other stops buying my widget abruptly and explains to me why, which one am I going to notice more?

Again, just because the FLE isn't what you or I want doesn't mean it doesn't serve a purpose.

If I can get on Splash Mountain 30 minutes faster because 2000 people are stuck in M&G that sounds like a win to me.

There is nothing more to say.

You are refusing to use your buying power to secure a better product.
Thats not the point I was trying to make, what about the other parks? When is the next time will see any major attractions built in those? Dont you ever ask yourself these questions?Wont the future of WDW be effected by this expansion and what we might see in the other parks in the future. Every new addition to the parks in the near future will be some well done Meet and Greets?

Krack

If there are two consumers with the same opinion and one keeps buying my widget for 16 years and doesn't say anything and other stops buying my widget abruptly and explains to me why, which one am I going to notice more?

Neither, if you're WalMart. You're not going to notice either one.

jakeman

Thats not the point I was trying to make, what about the other parks? When is the next time will see any major attractions built in those? Dont you ever ask yourself these questions?Wont the future of WDW be effected by this expansion and what we might see in the other parks in the future. Every new addition to the parks in the near future will be some well done Meet and Greets?
I don't think any of us knows that.

Isn't that like claiming that once M:S, Soarin', or Everest was built every E-ticket after that would be exactly the same?

I don't see the logic in assuming one expansion will be the model for all others in the future when that hasn't been demonstrated in the past.

wizards8507

Your question is irrelevant. Revised:

If there are seventeen million consumers with the same opinion and 16,999,999 keep buying my widget for 16 years and doesn't say anything and other stops buying my widget abruptly and explains to me why, which one am I going to notice more?

jakeman

Neither, if you're WalMart. You're not going to notice either one.
Oh good, Walmart came out.

That's like the Godwin rule of these boards. The longer a thread continues the likelihood that Walmart or Walmarting will be mentioned reaches 1.

Perhaps we can refer to pixie dust snorting and put little ~ at the end of our post now.

I'm not sure the discussion will progress much further.

You consistantly complain about WDW yet contribute to their bottom line.
Your question is irrelevant. Revised:

If there are seventeen million consumers with the same opinion and 16,999,999 keep buying my widget for 16 years and doesn't say anything and other stops buying my widget abruptly and explains to me why, which one am I going to notice more?
So just because 16.9 million other people don't find fault with a product I should continue to purchase it?

I don't buy it.

My money is too valuble to spend on something that I perceive no quality in.

You can either excerise your right as a consumer and take your money elsewhere or you can continue to add to the bottom line of a company you have no faith in.

lebeau

Try this out. If you quit going, Disney's not going to notice. Maybe there isn't a problem. Maybe you're just weird.

But say there really is a problem. Say lots of people start noticing. And let's say lots of people stop going. And they let Disney know why.

Well, Disney's going to notice that.

But that will never happen unless a bunch of insignificant, unnoticeable nobodies make that individual decision to stop going and notify Disney why.

If you still feel like Disney is worth what you're spending, by all means keep going. (I do.) But if you ever feel like Disney has reached a point where it's no longer worth it, don't keep going out of habit.

Maybe, just maybe, enough other people feel the same way that a mass exodus will happen.

One thing's for sure. If all you do is complain on a forum but you still keep giving Disney your money, Disney won't care.

wizards8507

You consistantly complain about WDW yet contribute to their bottom line.
So just because 16.9 million other people don't find fault with a product I should continue to purchase it?

I don't buy it.

My money is too valuble to spend on something that I perceive no quality in.

You can either excerise your right as a consumer and take your money elsewhere or you can continue to add to the bottom line of a company you have no faith in.

I agree completely. I personally have no qualms whatsoever about WDW. I was simply justifying his argument that one guest moving their vacation dollars elsewhere won't institute change.

jakeman

Try this out. If you quit going, Disney's not going to notice. Maybe there isn't a problem. Maybe you're just weird.

But say there really is a problem. Say lots of people start noticing. And let's say lots of people stop going. And they let Disney know why.

Well, Disney's going to notice that.

But that will never happen unless a bunch of insignificant, unnoticeable nobodies make that individual decision to stop going and notify Disney why.

If you still feel like Disney is worth what you're spending, by all means keep going. (I do.) But if you ever feel like Disney has reached a point where it's no longer worth it, don't keep going out of habit.

Maybe, just maybe, enough other people feel the same way that a mass exodus will happen.

One thing's for sure. If all you do is complain on a forum but you still keep giving Disney your money, Disney won't care.
Thank you lebeau. That is exactly the point I am trying to convey.

wizards8507

Thank you lebeau. That is exactly the point I am trying to convey.

*Also the reason people should vote, but that's neither here nor there. In the entertainment/retail/service industries (heck, any business at all), your vote is your dollar bill. Will one *vote* make a difference? Nope. But 1 million votes can only happen when one million individuals make the same seemingly insignificant decision.

RSoxNo1

We will likely be recording our next show with Jim Hill and aim to question him on Pixie Hollow/Fantasyland. I don't think he knows what's coming to replace Pixie Hollow otherwise it would have been in his article.

What I'm looking to do is get him to clarify some of the points of the article.
  • Who is upset about the girl slant in Fantasyland? Is it just Tom Staggs or is it others as well?
  • Was the budget for Pixie Hollow already approved? Is that budget staying in Fantasyland or is it going elsewhere in the park (Frontierland)
  • Are the dueling Dumbos on the bubble? Your article says just Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are definites
  • Where are the meet and greets going?

lebeau

We will likely be recording our next show with Jim Hill and aim to question him on Pixie Hollow/Fantasyland. I don't think he knows what's coming to replace Pixie Hollow otherwise it would have been in his article.

What I'm looking to do is get him to clarify some of the points of the article.
  • Who is upset about the girl slant in Fantasyland? Is it just Tom Staggs or is it others as well?
  • Was the budget for Pixie Hollow already approved? Is that budget staying in Fantasyland or is it going elsewhere in the park (Frontierland)
  • Are the dueling Dumbos on the bubble? Your article says just Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are definites
  • Where are the meet and greets going?

When that's up, I'd like a link.

Hopefully, you can get something good (or at least interesting) out of him.

jakeman

Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a breakthrough! Who said they perceive "no quality" in WDW? Certainly not anyone in this thread.
No value and little value are equal to me in the realm of what I want to spend my money on.

If WDW held as little value to me as your posting history leads me to believe it does for you, I wouldn't spend money there.
I agree completely. I personally have no qualms whatsoever about WDW. I was simply justifying his argument that one guest moving their vacation dollars elsewhere won't institute change.
I understand. I hope you didn't think my post was directed at you as that was not my intent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom