Princesses may not rule fantasy land after all! Frontierland expansion rumor reality?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You, my friend, are insightful and brilliant. Which is why some here will treat your post as though it does not exist. I use the type wording you point out Jim Hill is using but I readily admit I deal mostly in conjecture and I have NO insider sources. Jim Hill and some here can't make that claim. This entire "story" is pathetic.

Well they arent the words Id use. But then its a family site.

And Im impressed that you term what you do as dealing.

jt04

Well they arent the words Id use. But then its a family site.

And Im impressed that you term what you do as dealing.

I think there might perhaps be a slight chance that the undefined word "deal" has a slightly different meaning when used in the US or one of the many European states such as Scotland or possibly even within largely undefined scottish cliques and/or sub-cultures. Perhaps maybe. :shrug:

IWant2GoNow

I know this is going to seem pretty far out there but it does make a little bit of sense.

Raven said they will be moving the princess M&Gs to some place controversial temporarily. Also, that this temporary location, once it has run its princess M&G course, will be changed into something that will be well-liked.

My extremely far out thinking is that they will be moved to CMM at DAK. Controversial enough for you? Think about the small advantages here though. DAK gets a huge draw to a place that essentially just has FotLK. It's definitely something that DAK needs as far as getting people in the gate. Would it be a cheap way of doing it? Saying that the princesses have decided to camp out with Minnie and Mickey while their new homes get built? Absolutely it would be, wherein lies the controversy.

Then once FLE is finished they move back and begin whatever expansion they have planned for DAK. Whether it be BK or MI or whatever they have laying around in the think tank.

I'm not saying I believe in this theory... but it is one.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I will say that that there does seem to be a good deal of "hedging his bets" in the Jim Hill article. Too often sources are rumors or ideas found I forums like these, and then are used by the Jim Hills, Al Lutzs or Kevin Yees of the Disney chat world.

jt04

I know this is going to seem pretty far out there but it does make a little bit of sense.

Raven said they will be moving the princess M&Gs to some place controversial temporarily. Also, that this temporary location, once it has run its princess M&G course, will be changed into something that will be well-liked.

My extremely far out thinking is that they will be moved to CMM at DAK. Controversial enough for you? Think about the small advantages here though. DAK gets a huge draw to a place that essentially just has FotLK. It's definitely something that DAK needs as far as getting people in the gate. Would it be a cheap way of doing it? Saying that the princesses have decided to camp out with Minnie and Mickey while their new homes get built? Absolutely it would be, wherein lies the controversy.

Then once FLE is finished they move back and begin whatever expansion they have planned for DAK. Whether it be BK or MI or whatever they have laying around in the think tank.

Makes sense. I hope you are right.

I will say that that there does seem to be a good deal of "hedging his bets" in the Jim Hill article. Too often sources are rumors or ideas found I forums like these, and then are used by the Jim Hills, Al Lutzs or Kevin Yees of the Disney chat world.

As hard as it is for me to say this because I don't like his tactics, Al seems to have genuine sources. I believe Steve does too. Everyone else is suspect in my opinion. :lol:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
As hard as it is for me to say this because I don't like his tactics, Al seems to have genuine sources. I believe Steve does too. Everyone else is suspect in my opinion. :lol:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of his bias either. But I've also seen articles on there whose central concepts are mirror images of those found here (and don't get me started on Kevin Yee). Makes me thankful for the unbiased work Steve and the other mods do here.

AEfx

Yeah, I'm not a fan of his bias either. But I've also seen articles on there whose central concepts are mirror images of those found here (and don't get me started on Kevin Yee). Makes me thankful for the unbiased work Steve and the other mods do here.

:sohappy:

Thrill Seeker

That sounds good in theory, but I seriously doubt they are going to move the Princesses out of MK to DAK, which has nothing whatsoever to do with them. As far as a temp meet and greet location at MK, the one that seems to make the most sense is the Adventureland Veranda because it isn't in use anymore as a restaurant, it's indoors and they can construct the meet and greet without the public having any knowledge of it's existence.

IWant2GoNow

That sounds good in theory, but I seriously doubt they are going to move the Princesses out of MK to DAK, which has nothing whatsoever to do with them. As far as a temp meet and greet location at MK, the one that seems to make the most sense is the Adventureland Veranda because it isn't in use anymore as a restaurant, it's indoors and they can construct the meet and greet without the public having any knowledge of it's existence.

So then afterwards they can make it the new home of AC, right? :D:rolleyes:

Biff215

Not a bad theory, but do you think they would stick the princesses and their long lines (60+ minutes) outside at CMM? Also, is there enough space there for them and Mickey and the gang?

I like the Veranda idea, but also think the Diamond Horseshoe could be a candidate. I know they occasionally open it, but this would fit in with the FronL rumors. After the princesses move out they could easily repurpose this space for a character meal/show geared toward boys.

Also just a guess, however!

IWant2GoNow

Not a bad theory, but do you think they would stick the princesses and their long lines (60+ minutes) outside at CMM? Also, is there enough space there for them and Mickey and the gang?

Nothing a few randomly, unthemed, lined-up, canopies couldn't fix. :lol:
If they were really going to do this (which they aren't) they'd probably have to move FotLK over to Africa leaving that building open for M&Gs. :shrug:

I won't go out too far on a limb, but I feel fairly confident in predicting that the M&Gs won't leave the MK.

I'm fairly confident that you are correct. Can't hurt to explore ridiculous possibilities though. I mean, it is summer on WDWMagic after all. :animwink::rolleyes:

Krack

I've learned quite a bit from Jim Hill. I never understood why people slag him or Al Lutz, when they give more insight into Disney than you'd have otherwise. Even the insiders on this board make sure people know that things could change any second, because they usually do... It doesn't mean they're intentionally misleading anyone. It means things will and do change at any given time. "it appears," "supposedly," and "reportedly" are usually how we find things out.

If you ever listen to Jim Hill (writings or podcast), you will learn that he hates you. I'm not kidding, he openly detests other Disneyphiles. This is because his sources (the ones at WDI that use him as a tool) detest the hardcore Disney fanbase and feel that its standards are too high. I happen to disagree with this premise and therefore believe that his motives are completely at odds with my motives. He doesn't like me (and other Disneyphiles) and I don't like him.

jakeman

If you ever listen to Jim Hill (writings or podcast), you will learn that he hates you. I'm not kidding, he openly detests other Disneyphiles. This is because his sources (the ones at WDI that use him as a tool) detest the hardcore Disney fanbase and feel that its standards are too high. I happen to disagree with this premise and therefore believe that his motives are completely at odds with my motives. He doesn't like me (and other Disneyphiles) and I don't like him.
Sometimes their standards are too high. There is only so many times you can hear, "I expected more." until you just don't care about that person's input anymore.

My favorite example is right here on this site. After IASW opened from its extensive rehab several years ago, most of the improvements were glossed over by the fact that ceiling panels were missing. There were even documented photos of the offending gaps.

It was held up as the perfect example of TDO's lack of committment to quality and the slipping standards of Disney.

You know where the panels were missing from (and still are to this day)? You have to enter the first room after load, look up and back over your left shoulder to the back corner of the room. No place any guest in their right mind would look.

Sometimes the fans are right. However, sometimes the fans take it too far and lose credibility and become a LAUGHING stock to everyone.

(That capitalization is for you Steve!)

Krack

Sometimes their standards are too high. There is only so many times you can hear, "I expected more." until you just don't care about that person's input anymore.

My favorite example is right here on this site. After IASW opened from its extensive rehab several years ago, most of the improvements were glossed over by the fact that ceiling panels were missing. There were even documented photos of the offending gaps.

It was held up as the perfect example of TDO's lack of committment to quality and the slipping standards of Disney.

You know where the panels were missing from (and still are to this day)? You have to enter the first room after load, look up and back over your left shoulder to the back corner of the room. No place any guest in their right mind would look.

Sometimes the fans are right. However, sometimes the fans take it too far and lose credibility and become a LAUGHING stock to everyone.

(That capitalization is for you Steve!)

Hey, if you're going to do something, do it right. If the panels are missing, they are missing. That kind of crap didn't happen in the early to mid-80s - maintenance and upkeep was of paramount importance. If holding them to their previous standards means I expect too much, then oh well, they can hate me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom