Post your Disney Layouts here!

WDWFigment

Sorry to continue to hijack the thread, but now I have quite the dilemma: I just purchased a Canon XTi from Craigslist with a 17-85mm IS lens (Amazon: $509) and Canon PIXMA MP 470 printer. I definitely am not keeping the lens, I simply do not know enough about DSLRs yet to justify having such a nice lens. However, I don't know if I should keep the Nikon or the Canon. The Canon is worth more, but I think the two are pretty comparable spec-wise with the exception of megapixels--but anything more than 6 MP is superfluous for me anyways, so the MP difference doesn't really matter.

Given that, it should be an easy decision--go with the cheaper camera. Yet I think I'm going to want to go with Canon in the long run, so I'd rather get lens that will be compatible with future cameras I own. I got good deals on both cameras, so I should be able to justify keeping either. Any suggestions?

WDWFigment

Here's one I did of Mexico, everytime we go my son has to try on the sombreros!
385.JPG

I really like this layout! Way to replace the other two Caballeros with your husband and son, making them amigos!!!

Coree

Sorry, Figment, I'm no help on the camera at all. Heck, I just upgraded our six-year-old 2.1 megapixel camera at Christmas.

Donna, the pages are terrific! I have to agree with everyone's comments on the three amigos page. Really great!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Donna, just adorable. I absolutley love the first one.

Figment, if you're going to go Canon down the road then keep the xti. The lenses will not be interchangeable so stick with one brand.

One thing about either camera. The kit lenses are not the best. After you've got a good body, like the xti, you'll probably want to invest your money in new lenses, not upgrading the camera. The list of lenses you'll want could be huge like mine, :lol:. I guess that's just to warn you about the joys/expenses of owning an slr.:)

mouselvrmom

One thing about either camera. The kit lenses are not the best. After you've got a good body, like the xti, you'll probably want to invest your money in new lenses, not upgrading the camera. The list of lenses you'll want could be huge like mine, :lol:. I guess that's just to warn you about the joys/expenses of owning an slr.:)

Thanks a lot for telling me that my kit lenses s***! :eek: Sam is so not going to like you when I tell him that you told me I need to go out and buy new lenses. :lol:

Did I tell you that I just ordered my book? :sohappy:

k.hunter30

Here's one I did of Mexico, everytime we go my son has to try on the sombreros!
385.JPG
I just LOVE this page! Everything about it too--the stitching, different type fonts, using sombreros as the "o"'s in the word. Great job!

And another one I did in Canada

I have a site where I have most of my Disney layouts, but don't know if I can put it here for everyone to link to. It is an online scrapbook store.
429.JPG
Great color scheme for this page! Love the paw print!

WDWFigment

Donna, just adorable. I absolutley love the first one.

Figment, if you're going to go Canon down the road then keep the xti. The lenses will not be interchangeable so stick with one brand.

I think you might want to qualify that--the kit lens that comes with the standard XTi kit is garbage. The XTi kit I got has the 17-85mm lens, which itself is a $600 lens. I'm actually selling it because of this reason; I'm not skilled enough to justify that kind of glass. The Nikon D40 kit lens is rated fairly well (for an entry level lens), but I still might make a small upgrade if that's the camera outfit I decide to go with. Still a tough call; Canon and Nikon are nearly identical quality-wise right now, but it seems Canon is a bit ahead of the curve with their newer releases...

Thanks a lot for telling me that my kit lenses s***! :eek: Sam is so not going to like you when I tell him that you told me I need to go out and buy new lenses. :lol:

Just sell the 18-55mm, and buy the 50mm (nifty fifty). You'll end up paying like $40 more at most. Well worth it, from what I've heard: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/12142-USA/Canon_2514A002_Normal_EF_50mm_f_1_8.html

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

No I didn't say that!!:lol: Although Figment called it garbage - pointing finger at Figment!!:lol: I just said it's not the best. You will want more as your skills improve.

I'm so glad you got the book!! Yay!!

I think you might want to qualify that--the kit lens that comes with the standard XTi kit is garbage. The XTi kit I got has the 17-85mm lens, which itself is a $600 lens. I'm actually selling it because of this reason; I'm not skilled enough to justify that kind of glass. The Nikon D40 kit lens is rated fairly well (for an entry level lens), but I still might make a small upgrade if that's the camera outfit I decide to go with. Still a tough call; Canon and Nikon are nearly identical quality-wise right now, but it seems Canon is a bit ahead of the curve with their newer releases...

Figment I knew your lens wasn't the kit lens. I didn't say that very well. I just meant if you sold the nice lens, you might not want to buy the standard kit lens in it's place.

I have the 50mm lens and I love it. It's a great lens for that cheap of a price. But because it is a prime lens, I wouldn't want it to be my only lens.

KnK

I just found this forum last week! I am loving it!

I keep telling my husband that he has to take some pictures of the our scrapebook so I can post them.

We love working on our book togehter.

Right now we are working on our version of the Passporter for our trip in September.

ann0d

Hi, sorry for not getting back here to thank everyone for their kind comments about my layouts! Life gets in the way! LOL
Anyway, THANKS!
I forgot to mention the Bearly Surprised one in Canada, I made the circle and had the layout done, and my DH said oh look you put "the Epcot ball" on the page (You think by now he would know the name!)
I looked at it and it does look like Spaceship Earth! Not intentional but that paper kind of gives it that effect!
Thanks again. I have SO many layouts done, that I could monopolize this board for years!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Go for it!! We never get tired of seeing layouts!! Why else would I have subscriptions to 4 scrapbooking magazines!!:lol:

jessicaj

I used to subscribe to them all. Now I don't get any. I pick them up here and there though just for something to red while my kiddies are playing at the park.

k.hunter30

Speaking of magazines... I think I may get a subscription to one for my birthday. If you were to recommend one to a relatively new and definitely simple scrapper, which one would you pick?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I get CK, Simple Scrapbooks, Better Homes and Gardens(Scrapbooking version) and Memory Makers.

Kat I would say Simple Scrapbooks is a great one to start with. It's one of my favorites and has great simple layouts.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom