Post your Disney Layouts here!

WDWFigment

Did any of you end up getting the XSi? I'd love to get it, but the cheapest I've seen it is for $799 (with the 18-55 IS lens at amazon), and even then it's only at that price for short periods of time. A little too much for me right now.

I was hoping its release would drop the price on the XTi, but so far, there have only been a couple of short-lived sales on it. If anyone got it, how do you like it? Do you find yourself using the LCD as viewfinder? If none of you have gotten it...what's the hold up?!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I GOT IT!!! I love it!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I do not use the live view. I find it easier/more of a habit to look in the viewfinder.

I didn't need the kit lens, but I bought the kit because it was hard to find the body only. I sold the lens on ebay for $175 so all was good!!

I've taken some great shots with it already!!

It's so easy to use.

mouselvrmom

Yea, the xsi was just a bit too much for me to spend. I did end up getting the xti, though and I really love it. I just have to learn to use it properly now. :lol:

WDWFigment

I GOT IT!!! I love it!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I do not use the live view. I find it easier/more of a habit to look in the viewfinder.

I didn't need the kit lens, but I bought the kit because it was hard to find the body only. I sold the lens on ebay for $175 so all was good!!

I've taken some great shots with it already!!

It's so easy to use.

I look forward to seeing the pictures you take. I've heard the new sensor is pretty impressive, too.

Yea, the xsi was just a bit too much for me to spend. I did end up getting the xti, though and I really love it. I just have to learn to use it properly now. :lol:

Same here. I really wanted it, but couldn't justify the price. My inner bargain hunter (I check Slick Deals regularly and supplement my income by selling on eBay thanks to it) just wouldn't allow it. There was a deal on the XTi at Dell for (you probably won't believe this) $320 for the body (the better deal) or $419 to the kit a couple of months ago, and after missing that deal by less than an hour, I couldn't bring myself to pay ~$550 for the kit. I ended up ordering the Nikon D40 kit for $360. Not bad, although yesterday I missed this deal because I didn't fully read a thread on slick deals :brick:could've saved ~$400.

Suffice to say, I can't wait until my camera arrives. I'm sure we'll all have some improved layouts in the coming months!

jessicaj

I think I might take the jump and buy the xsi next month. I am in the research phase and will see if what deals I can get in the coming weeks. I just want to have it by July when I am going to CHA (Craft and Hobby Assoc) trade show. Some of my work will be up in a booth and I want to get my picture by it!!! I am such a dork.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
The Nikon is a great camera too Figment!! I'm sure you'll love it.

I've got tons of beach pics and others from the xsi, but no Disney pics to post yet. September!!:sohappy:

k.hunter30

I look forward to seeing the pictures you take. I've heard the new sensor is pretty impressive, too.

Same here. I really wanted it, but couldn't justify the price. My inner bargain hunter (I check Slick Deals regularly and supplement my income by selling on eBay thanks to it) just wouldn't allow it. There was a deal on the XTi at Dell for (you probably won't believe this) $320 for the body (the better deal) or $419 to the kit a couple of months ago, and after missing that deal by less than an hour, I couldn't bring myself to pay ~$550 for the kit. I ended up ordering the Nikon D40 kit for $360. Not bad, although yesterday I missed this deal because I didn't fully read a thread on slick deals :brick:could've saved ~$400.

Suffice to say, I can't wait until my camera arrives. I'm sure we'll all have some improved layouts in the coming months!
I think you'll really like the the Nikon Figment. We got a D80 for Christmas and love it. We're still beginners at photography, so there's a lot to learn. But we're coming along slowly but surely.

I use a Canon here at work. I enjoy it as well.

jessicaj

Ok, so I just got off the phone with my good friend who says I should go Nikon???? What to choose? Is there really that much of a difference?

k.hunter30

Ok, so I just got off the phone with my good friend who says I should go Nikon???? What to choose? Is there really that much of a difference?
I don't know enough to really recommend one over the other. But when we make a big purchase like that I go a little overboard on researching the products to make sure I get the most bang for my buck. After researching cameras last winter in the price range we were in, the Nikon D80 did seem to be rated better than the Canon (I can't remember which one...) As I said, we love our Nikon. The Canon I use here at work is a Rebel XT, so I can't really compare it with the D80. :shrug:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

There's always been a Canon Nikon debate. People who have one will swear that one is better then the other. But the truth is, if you're comparing equivalent models, there's just not much difference. Professional photograhers use both. I've heard people recommend going to a store and holding both models in your hands. See which "fits" your hand better.

I'll always be a Canon girl. I can't say enough good things about it.:) But I would never try to tell you that Canon is better then Nikon or Nikon is better then Canon.

mickeyismyhero

i my self dont really care about the camera but my hubby thinks nikon(his is a nikon something cost a arm and a leg what ever it is) is the best. How ever the one he has is heavy when u pack it around for a little while i do like the differnt settings on it though :) so if u want something light i would say dont get a nikon i will find out what his is and let you know:)

jessicaj

Yeah, I've done the whole hand test....to see what fits and I really don't notice much of a diff. I think that maybe I will just see what has the better deal at the time I am ready to purchase. Anyone know of a great online place to get good prices on these?

k.hunter30

Yeah, I've done the whole hand test....to see what fits and I really don't notice much of a diff. I think that maybe I will just see what has the better deal at the time I am ready to purchase. Anyone know of a great online place to get good prices on these?
We bought ours at Abes of Maine. It had one of the best deals that we could find at the time, plus we didn't have to pay sales tax, which is a huge plus!

My parents also bought their Garmin from that site as well and had a good experience.

ann0d

Here's one I did of Mexico, everytime we go my son has to try on the sombreros!
385.JPG

ann0d

And another one I did in Canada

I have a site where I have most of my Disney layouts, but don't know if I can put it here for everyone to link to. It is an online scrapbook store.
429.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom