Post your Disney Layouts here!

Speaking of camera books.............

DH recently got me a Rebel xti along with three lenses (Christmas). I found two awesome books since I have not had a chance to take a class. They are National Geogrpahic Field Guide to Digital Photography and The Ultimate Field Guide to Photography by National Geographic. I hope to be able to use my camera by our Setepmber trip. I've played around with it some. DH took most of the photos posted in my last trip report and you can definitely see the difference in the camera.

If anyone finds any other books to recommend, I'd sure like to know.

And now, back to scrapping!!!:D

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Very nice also Amber! I really like that dolphins in depth title!! How was that by the way? Was it expensive? Is it at the Living Seas?

Thanks, Tammy.
Yes, it was at the Seas. I loved it! It was $150, but if you get the Birnbaum's WDW guide every year (like I do), there is a coupon for 15or 20% off.
It was 3 hours long. Only 30 minutes were in the water w/ the dolphins, because they are like toddlers and if you try to keep their attention any longer than that, they lose interest. It was amazing-I would definately do it again. You just have to keep in mind that its not "Swimming with the Dolphins", its "interacting with dolphins".
BTW, the title came from the folder which held the picture.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

DH recently got me a Rebel xti along with three lenses (Christmas). I found two awesome books since I have not had a chance to take a class. They are National Geogrpahic Field Guide to Digital Photography and The Ultimate Field Guide to Photography by National Geographic. I hope to be able to use my camera by our Setepmber trip. I've played around with it some. DH took most of the photos posted in my last trip report and you can definitely see the difference in the camera.

Charlotte Lowrie has great field guides to the digital rebels. I have hers for the xt and it is great. I would assume the xti is just as good.

Thanks, Tammy.
Yes, it was at the Seas. I loved it! It was $150, but if you get the Birnbaum's WDW guide every year (like I do), there is a coupon for 15or 20% off.
It was 3 hours long. Only 30 minutes were in the water w/ the dolphins, because they are like toddlers and if you try to keep their attention any longer than that, they lose interest. It was amazing-I would definately do it again. You just have to keep in mind that its not "Swimming with the Dolphins", its "interacting with dolphins".
BTW, the title came from the folder which held the picture.

That sounds so great!! I really need to look into that!

mouselvrmom

Great pages, Amber! I love the title for the tree of life! Did you freehand that? I could never do that! Neat pictures, too! :)

I just got an xti. I am so excited to learn to use it for our next trip. I'll have to check out those books. I'm also reading up online thanks to some links from Tammy. So hopefully by October I'll be ready for some awesome photos! :sohappy:

I was overwhelmed at first when I got the camera. It was a bit over the top for me but these books have really helped. I am trying to read whatever I can get my hands on as long as the book is written in "English" instead of photography-speak. Some of the ones I've seen are just too confusing for a beginner like me. I have had several point and shoot cameras but this thing is nothing like that at all. So far all I have done is shoot on full auto mode. :eek:

I made my sister a mini-scrapbook of her son for Mother's Day. I didn't take pictures before I bound the book though. I'm going to try and use the xti to take pictures and see if I can get a few decent ones. They're not Disney layouts but do you think I can post them here?

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
They're not Disney layouts but do you think I can post them here?

absolutely, Sophia, we'd love to see them. There's a thread that we bring back up whenever we want to post non-Disney pages. I was just about to post some on there. Its called "Post your non-Disney layouts here". Can't wait to see them!

Jenn-no way I did not free-hand that :) They are those clear acrylic stamp alphabets from Walmart. thanks for the compliments!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I was overwhelmed at first when I got the camera. It was a bit over the top for me but these books have really helped. I am trying to read whatever I can get my hands on as long as the book is written in "English" instead of photography-speak. Some of the ones I've seen are just too confusing for a beginner like me. I have had several point and shoot cameras but this thing is nothing like that at all. So far all I have done is shoot on full auto mode. :eek:

I made my sister a mini-scrapbook of her son for Mother's Day. I didn't take pictures before I bound the book though. I'm going to try and use the xti to take pictures and see if I can get a few decent ones. They're not Disney layouts but do you think I can post them here?

Definitely post them!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Two more. Same album.:)

IndoorSoccerLastGame004.jpg

IndoorSoccerLastGame048.jpg

minnie2000

Great pages Tammy! I'd love to see the whole album when it's finished. Do you have a Disney album? How many pages will the finished album have?

mouselvrmom

I love em, Tammy! :)

I was thinking when I was looking at the first one if you make the kids wear colors that will match with your mickey papers? :lol:

WDWFigment

Two more. Same album.:)

IndoorSoccerLastGame004.jpg

IndoorSoccerLastGame048.jpg

These are great--the first reminds me of Minnie, and the second of the monorail (the bars across the bottom) for some reason.

I was thinking when I was looking at the first one if you make the kids wear colors that will match with your mickey papers? :lol:

Nothing wrong to color coordinate for the pictures! Last winter, Sarah and I purchased matching blue polos for the icicle castle pictures (MK day) and each of us got a red polo, and a green polo to wear while the other was wearing the opposite, to make the photos a little more Christmas-y. But then again, I look for any excuse I can to buy more clothes!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

Don't think I haven't thought of it!! We all need to wear red, yellow, black or white!!:lol:

Thanks Figment!

mouselvrmom

Nothing wrong to color coordinate for the pictures! Last winter, Sarah and I purchased matching blue polos for the icicle castle pictures (MK day) and each of us got a red polo, and a green polo to wear while the other was wearing the opposite, to make the photos a little more Christmas-y. But then again, I look for any excuse I can to buy more clothes!

:lol: You two are going to be so funny when you have kids. Imagine the orchestrating you'll have to do then. :lol:

I used to try to get the kids wearing things that kind of matched color wise, but then when my oldest turned 13 it all flew out the window. She is completely uncooperative and has no fashion sense (she's in that rebellious stage where she thinks I know nothing and anything I buy is so embarrassing). :lol:

WDWFigment

:lol: You two are going to be so funny when you have kids. Imagine the orchestrating you'll have to do then. :lol:

I used to try to get the kids wearing things that kind of matched color wise, but then when my oldest turned 13 it all flew out the window. She is completely uncooperative and has no fashion sense (she's in that rebellious stage where she thinks I know nothing and anything I buy is so embarrassing). :lol:

Well, I've already purchased one infant Figment costume on eBay, so I know what one kid is wearing everyday to the park...

30e8_1.JPG

427f_1.JPG

Just kidding, that might be a little...cruel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom