Post your Disney Layouts here!

Coree

I agree that the pages are great and you should totally keep posting. I have lots of those papers too. You've done a great job mixing different papers and adding the perfect embellishments. Can't wait to see more.

elizs77

Thanks all! I appreciate the kind words. I'm so glad I found this thread. As I finish my album, I totally need some inspiration. I'm a Creating Keepsakes/Simple Scrapbooking kind of girl, and I've been doing this for about 9 years, but I still find it so hard sometimes!

I wish some of the finer details could have come out, like the paper piercing and faux stiching on the Tower of Terror one, but que sera sera. Some of my papers came from Disney at DTD. I was disappointed in their scrapbook offerings. I had read about a scrapbook store at DTD, but it turned out more to be a section of a store, and I wasn't impressed with the quality/selection of the items. Maybe they've gotten better, but the papers are a bit thin for my taste, but I still am using them. I love the papers I've picked up at AC Moore and my local scrapbook store, though! I also don't necessarily journal on every page, either. I don't like my handwriting (even though I did use it on the Goofy Hat page), so I've gotten into using the computer a lot. I also stamp, so I try to incorporate that in my pages, too.

Here's one more. It's from the safari at AK. I did it on a piece of AK paper that I got from Disney (not that you can see it much!). I've also written on the page and pics "Safari @ AK" with a rub on that isn't picking up much in the picture. I had so many safari pictures, but I didn't want to do a multi-page spread. This was my solution.

100_1318.jpg

Coree

Very cool way to fit a lot of photos on one page. The page is really cute. I agree with you about the selection and quality of scrapbooking materials at DTD. It was never very good and it seems to be getting worse rather than better. The stuff you can get at your local scrapbooking stores is much better!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Wow, I really like that one. It's got a great collage look.

I haven't bought a single scrapbooking thing at Disney my last few trips. Their selection is beyond dissappointing. I wish they'd carry some of the great products they've licensed out to other manufacturers.

Do you hear that Disney? We are scrapbookers with money and we WANT to spend it at WDW!!! But we can't!!!:D

mouselvrmom

I agree, that is a great collage page! I think it works very nicely. I can see some of the stamping, too , and it looks really nice.

The disney scrapping stuff is really disappointing. You would think that they could see the potential there, but they just don't. Too funny, Tammy! I like your demand to disney! :lol:

elizs77

I'm like, Disney, I WANT to give you my money. Please provide better scrapbooking souviners! I am open to paying a premium for a good product. Please, please, please!!

BTW, I just got back from AC Moore. I don't know if you ladies have one near you, but there open stock card stock is 40% off. I bought too much! I also didn't know that they have Disney items for the Cuttlebug. I only have the Sizzix, and you can make them work on it! They are more, though, than the regular Cuttlebug folders and die cuts.

mouselvrmom

Woohoo for shopping for scrapping stuff! :sohappy:

Btw, I love your avatar. Very pretty! I would like to stay at the wilderness lodge sometime.

elizs77

Thanks! I have been fortunate enough to stay at WL twice. Once was in 1996 for a night during Hurricane Erin (very interesting), then for a week in 2006. I must say that we all loved the place. It even has a captivating smell! I swore we'd never stay anywhere else, but alas, we're traveling this year with DD, and she'll only be 10 months old when we go, so we're heading to the Poly since it's on the monorail. Funny thing - when we started planning this trip, DH said no way, jose, to the Poly.

I saw some Hawaiian MM Jolee's Botique stuff today. I will have to get that for my next trip scrapbook!

elizs77

Oohh, I see some scraplifting in my future!! :ROFLOL: I really love the Rainforest Cafe pages.

DH has his last late night at work tonight, so once I get the kiddies in bed, I'm totally cropping!

mouselvrmom

Thanks, all! :) The last pool page I actually scraplifted from a page disneyfalcon did. She had some small pictures at the bottom of a page like that and I started with that idea. So thanks, disneyfalcon! :)

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
very nice, mouselvrmom and elizs77! here is a 2-page 8x8 spread i did today for my brother's album. it must have been a good day to scrap, we all are getting some done!
S6301466.jpg

S6301470.jpg

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
thanks! i have a lot of blue and green papers because of having the little man in the house, and I try to use them when possible.

ps. if you guys are comfy with first names, you can call me Amber.

Coree

Those Tom Sawyer pages are great, Amber! I agree that the choices in color and perfect for the subject. I really like the font in the titling too. It fits perfectly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom