Possible Frontierland expansion

Fairy32

It would be cool to re-design the cars to look like actual IndyCars. I can't lie, the noisy engine adds a lot to the experience, but in reality, Indy-cars are a lot more quiet than NASCAR cars. I've been around both a ton.

beast

The Speedway in it's current form should not be in the Magic Kingdom. If you want to integrate it with a futuristic environment or perhaps build it in and around another attraction I'm on board. My preference would be to put it in a Cars Land where it's incorporated into the larger Cars environment.

As for the boundary between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland - that's arguably the weakest transition of any two lands in the park. There is a huge area for improvement there.

Remove the speedway and replace that entire area with a new and improved Mickeyland.

COProgressFan

The entire area near the speedway and galactic goodies is probably the most ghetto spot in the entire resort.

Totally agree. The whole area from
Cosmic Rays to Galactic goodies facing the speedway feels very cheap/six flags/local amusement park. Noise, gas fumes, massive swaths of gray pavement, uninspired architecture, and the poor condition of most of the Tomorrowland buildings.

HauntedMansionFLA

Compelling, attractive people eaters would help too. They've tried various ways to persuade people to go elsewhere and so far they've not worked. They tried MyMagic and that didn't work.

Three rides the size of EPCOT Centers legacy attractions would take nearly 10,000 people an hour. That's 1/5 - 1/6 of average daily attendance.
@marni1971 you have stated before that EPCOT has the infrastructure already in place to have high capacity attractions. Disney just needs to invest in the park. EPCOT has so much potential to help spread out the crowds, it just needs some love.

ColdSarsaparilla

Epcot could benefit from some 1964-1965 world's fair attractions. In a perfect world, here's my fix for Epcot, and the order in which I'd address them.
  • Frozen Ever After Opens
  • Soarin Around the World Opens
  • Fix the Spaceship Earth descent
  • Universe of Energy overhaul, new family attraction ideally with Neil Degrasse Tyson's involvement
  • Imagination overhaul, I'd love to see this as an LPS attraction. As much as I love the pyramid I wouldn't oppose to demo-ing the building if necessary.
  • Innoventions overhaul. Innoventions East should remain as a show floor for sponsored attractions. Innoventions West should continue to be home to meet and greets. I am strongly in favor of this change.
  • Add a peoplemover to Future World
  • Construct Horizons: Century 3. A new take on the ride with an upgraded version of Carousel of Progress as part of the pavilion.
  • Upgrade Mission: SPACE
  • Evict Nemo
  • Evict Anna and Elsa

CoP would fit perfectly in Future World. So would a "people mover." There might be a safety issue since the Monorail also runs through Future World, but it would bring a small piece of Walt's original vision of EPCOT to the park.

As a matter of fact, IASW would fit nicely somewhere within World Showcase, but I doubt they'd dare move one of the few remaining true opening day original attractions from the MK.

ColdSarsaparilla

It's why the Speedway needs to be removed and Tomorrowland needs to be redone. The Speedway is on some of the most valuable real estate in all of WDW, it takes up a huge amount of space and is remarkable inefficient. .

My kids love the Speedway, but I absolutely agree it's a major problem in need of fixing. Nothing says transition from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland like wafting fossil fuel fumes. I'm surprised the Imagineers have allowed it for so long.

Bocabear

It needs to be redone for sure it is outdated in tech and look.... Either make it cars land, or the game from wreck it ralph or rip the thing out and use the space to build two dark rides.
Or.... Move the entire thing over to EPCOT around Test Track... You can do the usual ride, and then you can take a spin on the Speedway cars outside... It would actually thematically fit the pavilion... And Magic Kingdon would gain enough land to do something meaningful...
.a real Toontown? A complete Neverland featuring a Peter Pan 2.0 double tracked ride and Pixie Hollow? Something fresh and new and not IP driven?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom