Possible Frontierland expansion

flyerjab

I am pretty much convinced at this point that if anything were to be added, it will absolutely have to be some type of IP not in the mode of what MK is currently founded upon. Had the Lone Ranger been successful, I would have no doubt that they would have tried to shoehorn in an attraction based off of that IP.

I am pretty much convinced that there will be no new, non-IP based attractions made for domestic Disney parks anymore after RoL debuts in DAK. Which is disappointing. Not that I doubt that the Star Wars Land in DHS will be incredible when completed, it is just that Disney doesn't have to abandon rides like BTTM or the original PotC. But of course I am forgetting, they can now only make most new rides based off of either popular IP or movies that made a ton of box office.

prfctlyximprct

I am pretty much convinced at this point that if anything were to be added, it will absolutely have to be some type of IP not in the mode of what MK is currently founded upon. Had the Lone Ranger been successful, I would have no doubt that they would have tried to shoehorn in an attraction based off of that IP.

I am pretty much convinced that there will be no new, non-IP based attractions made for domestic Disney parks anymore after RoL debuts in DAK. Which is disappointing. Not that I doubt that the Star Wars Land in DHS will be incredible when completed, it is just that Disney doesn't have to abandon rides like BTTM or the original PotC. But of course I am forgetting, they can now only make most new rides based off of either popular IP or movies that made a ton of box office.

Why can't we get Mystic Manor? WHY OH WHY OH WHY?!?!?!

Brer Panther

I think at one point they planned on adding a bit of Lone Ranger theming to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

flyerjab

I think at one point they planned on adding a bit of Lone Ranger theming to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

And don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with IP based attractions. The one I am most excited for right now is Pandora.

It's just the fact that they don't need to always take that approach all the time. Give us something truly original every so often. I feel like they see the parks as foundations for product placement. It would be so much easier to sell merchandise from a ride based off of a popular IP - or BRAND as @WDW1974 puts it - as supposed to something that exits solely in a park. Yeah, Mystic Manor would be great, but Disney would ponder the question of "well it's neat and all but how would we market it?" That is how we end up with ideas like retheming ToT to GotG. Ugh!

beast

maxresdefault.jpg
The sound of chain saws and the smell of Old Spice.

azox

What if they updated the Speedway and truly made it more futuristic...Very stylized concept cars of the future, all electric like Hong Kong, and add some theming and really make it a Speedway of the future... IP connection or not. Heck I would even add an enclosed section thet would be like driving through a dark ride.... Then, I think the Speedway would be more relevant and in theme....and more worthwhile as an attraction.

Why do I keep picturing turning it into a real version of Mario Kart after reading your post ? :) I think it would be so neat to have something like that. (Even though Universal has the rights, I don't see them doing such a ride) Trackless ride system with boundaries for each car so you don' t crash into people. Have the ability for power ups you could virtually launch on the ride pad... cars could spin out of control when they hit them... :) Would be such a neat ride.

ok sorry back to topic now :)

captainmoch

Why do I keep picturing turning it into a real version of Mario Kart after reading your post ? :) I think it would be so neat to have something like that. (Even though Universal has the rights, I don't see them doing such a ride) Trackless ride system with boundaries for each car so you don' t crash into people. Have the ability for power ups you could virtually launch on the ride pad... cars could spin out of control when they hit them... :) Would be such a neat ride.

ok sorry back to topic now :)
That's actually... almost exactly what seems to be planned for Universal, according to insiders.

doctornick

Original Poster
I could see it in DAK or Adventureland.

I would agree. In terms of Adventureland, though, I could see the argument that it is "similar" to the Haunted Mansion and to not have them both in the same park; personally, I don't think that's an issue but it's out there.

But DAK would be a solid fit. Yes, the ride doesn't explicitly have to do with natures or animals -- though there is a monkey! -- but does have an exploration and discovery vibe. Kinda like Everest really. I think you could easily tailor the exterior of the ride and backstory to be Lord Mystic settling in (say) Anandapur. That park could really use a dark ride like that to compliment the other offerings.

cheezbat

I would agree. In terms of Adventureland, though, I could see the argument that it is "similar" to the Haunted Mansion and to not have them both in the same park; personally, I don't think that's an issue but it's out there.

But DAK would be a solid fit. Yes, the ride doesn't explicitly have to do with natures or animals -- though there is a monkey! -- but does have an exploration and discovery vibe. Kinda like Everest really. I think you could easily tailor the exterior of the ride and backstory to be Lord Mystic settling in (say) Anandapur. That park could really use a dark ride like that to compliment the other offerings.
This is EXACTLY how I feel. There's so much they could do to make it fit.

Fox&Hound

I have said many times that I'd love Mystic Manor in AK. Why couldn't it be Lord Mystic collecting animal artifacts from around the world? Monkey sidekick sets off magic; mayhem ensues. I could see the monkey being a merchandise magnet and helping to give the park an identity- like Figment did with Epcot. Add a restaurant or maze garden next door and you have a massive people eater that provides another attraction and air-conditioning. Seems like a no brainer to me....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom