Possible Frontierland expansion

RSoxNo1

If phase three is more Pixar, MILK and Buzz could be moved to DHS. I've always thought Its a Small and COP would fit over at EPCOT. Just some armchair from me but you bring up some great points.
Epcot could benefit from some 1964-1965 world's fair attractions. In a perfect world, here's my fix for Epcot, and the order in which I'd address them.
  • Frozen Ever After Opens
  • Soarin Around the World Opens
  • Fix the Spaceship Earth descent
  • Universe of Energy overhaul, new family attraction ideally with Neil Degrasse Tyson's involvement
  • Imagination overhaul, I'd love to see this as an LPS attraction. As much as I love the pyramid I wouldn't oppose to demo-ing the building if necessary.
  • Innoventions overhaul. Innoventions East should remain as a show floor for sponsored attractions. Innoventions West should continue to be home to meet and greets. I am strongly in favor of this change.
  • Add a peoplemover to Future World
  • Construct Horizons: Century 3. A new take on the ride with an upgraded version of Carousel of Progress as part of the pavilion.
  • Upgrade Mission: SPACE
  • Evict Nemo
  • Evict Anna and Elsa

FigmentJedi

Epcot could benefit from some 1964-1965 world's fair attractions. In a perfect world, here's my fix for Epcot, and the order in which I'd address them.
  • Frozen Ever After Opens
  • Soarin Around the World Opens
  • Fix the Spaceship Earth descent
  • Universe of Energy overhaul, new family attraction ideally with Neil Degrasse Tyson's involvement
  • Imagination overhaul, I'd love to see this as an LPS attraction. As much as I love the pyramid I wouldn't oppose to demo-ing the building if necessary.
  • Innoventions overhaul. Innoventions East should remain as a show floor for sponsored attractions. Innoventions West should continue to be home to meet and greets. I am strongly in favor of this change.
  • Add a peoplemover to Future World
  • Construct Horizons: Century 3. A new take on the ride with an upgraded version of Carousel of Progress as part of the pavilion.
  • Upgrade Mission: SPACE
  • Evict Nemo
  • Evict Anna and Elsa
Pyramid structure wouldn't be too hard to reconstruct if they had too.

Sped2424

Half a dozen b and c ticket omni-movers was what I wanted to see for the Fantasyland expansion. They are relatively inexpensive to build, staff and maintain, fit the demo for that section of the park and would have pulled thousands of guests off the sidewalks and into attractions every hour.
Fantasyland expansion of my dreams would have included a batb dark ride, an updated alice attraction, and maybe something new? A cute tangled dark ride. Either way I think fantasyland could highly benefit from getting 3 more attractions.

bhg469

Exactly - What we the hardcore fans want are E-Tickets, What the parks NEED are lots of new B and C ticket attractions.
I have said this before but if mine train was an omni mover with altitude changes just like the haunted mansion, it would be a million times more successful.

I think that would be a really cool ride and obviously it's capacity would be vastly increased.

PorterRedkey

Compelling, attractive people eaters would help too. They've tried various ways to persuade people to go elsewhere and so far they've not worked. They tried MyMagic and that didn't work.

Three rides the size of EPCOT Centers legacy attractions would take nearly 10,000 people an hour. That's 1/5 - 1/6 of average daily attendance.

This was how MK originally dealt with capacity issues. Now, more often than not, the park relies on meet-n-greets to build capacity. I liked it better when they built E-ticket people-eaters.

Marc Davis Fan

I'm probably in the minority by far with this, but I think MK might need new e-tickets foremost. This is because MK is representative of WDW to most guests, and so it needs to be the best first/main impression of WDW in order to stay ahead of Uni. Many people view MK as "Disney" and will compare it alone against Uni. And that could be a major factor in word of mouth about spending more time at WDW vs Uni, staying at WDW vs Uni, etc. (Of course, Disney should also keep trying to do a better job getting across that WDW is four parks, etc.)

New MK e-tickets might not increase crowding anyway, because most central Florida theme park visitors go there already. Plus, it can be in conjunction with added acerage via land expansions.

Jon81uk

B and C tickets scream low capacity to me. I think MK needs about 3 more Mermaid level attractions. D tickets with huge capacity. I would agree that the other parks need Bs and Cs to round out their roster. DHS is very top heavy with E-tickets.
Except on the old ticket books one reason things would be an E ticket not a D ticket is they can't cope with the as crowd so buy requiring the more expensive ticket it cuts demand. D ticket to me is a solid people eater attraction such as Small World.

matt9112

You're absolutely right, but all 4 parks have been underbuilt under Iger. The Fantasyland Expansion wasn't close to enough of a capacity addition to MK.

I do think that a definitive line can be drawn for DHS where all Pixar attractions from now on go to that park. That moves a Fantasyland-esque component to another park.

It's why I think a Tomorrowland overhaul is also a very solid approach to helping MK's capacity. While Fantasyland can always use more attractions (And removing the Speedway would become more Fantasyland), the appeal of Tomorrowland is that it wouldn't be driven by IP. That can add capacity without the artificial boost that's often generated by IP based attractions.

In my opinion I would keep Tomorrowland speedway as Tomorrowland use a portion of it to basically create a true boundary for fantasy land "walls" but you add two new dark rides to Tomorrowland but keep there entrances further up toward space mountain (allows for a nice que too)

bhg469

In my opinion I would keep Tomorrowland speedway as Tomorrowland use a portion of it to basically create a true boundary for fantasy land "walls" but you add two new dark rides to Tomorrowland but keep there entrances further up toward space mountain (allows for a nice que too)
Your opinion on the speedway is spot on but imagine what they could do with that space?!
They have room for a few attractions there but it would probably just be a meet and greet with some bathrooms and a DVC booth.

EPCOTCenterLover

It certainly is complicated as the MK does need more and the remaining three parks need to be improved to draw more guests and balance out the crowds all the while remaining in theme. Add the mess of Fast Pass and it's a recipe for disaster.

Bocabear

What if they updated the Speedway and truly made it more futuristic...Very stylized concept cars of the future, all electric like Hong Kong, and add some theming and really make it a Speedway of the future... IP connection or not. Heck I would even add an enclosed section thet would be like driving through a dark ride.... Then, I think the Speedway would be more relevant and in theme....and more worthwhile as an attraction.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What if they updated the Speedway and truly made it more futuristic...Very stylized concept cars of the future, all electric like Hong Kong, and add some theming and really make it a Speedway of the future... IP connection or not. Heck I would even add an enclosed section thet would be like driving through a dark ride.... Then, I think the Speedway would be more relevant and in theme....and more worthwhile as an attraction.
I would love this. IMHO the Speedway is an iconic attraction along the lines of the tea cups that should be in every MK park, but there is no question that the current version in WDW is in desperate need of an update.

olie64

Partner will google and use street view projections and use these as a model
download.jpg

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 38

RSoxNo1

The Speedway in it's current form should not be in the Magic Kingdom. If you want to integrate it with a futuristic environment or perhaps build it in and around another attraction I'm on board. My preference would be to put it in a Cars Land where it's incorporated into the larger Cars environment.

As for the boundary between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland - that's arguably the weakest transition of any two lands in the park. There is a huge area for improvement there.

gmajew

Premium Member
The Speedway in it's current form should not be in the Magic Kingdom. If you want to integrate it with a futuristic environment or perhaps build it in and around another attraction I'm on board. My preference would be to put it in a Cars Land where it's incorporated into the larger Cars environment.

As for the boundary between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland - that's arguably the weakest transition of any two lands in the park. There is a huge area for improvement there.

It needs to be redone for sure it is outdated in tech and look.... Either make it cars land, or the game from wreck it ralph or rip the thing out and use the space to build two dark rides.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

EXACTLY my thought as well and please remove the gasoline powered engines

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom