Pirates 3 Ticket Sales at Pleasure Island Update

Dizknee_Phreek

I loved it as well, but what was with the attack of the 50 ft woman?

:lol: I thought that too! I was sitting there going "whaaaa?" I thought she was supposed to take a DIFFERENT form....not a BIGGER form :shrug:

I thought it was awesome, and probably the best of the three....until the ending. I'm still wondering why in the world they did what they did! GAH! I'm still upset by it! And completely disappointed with the ending! Other than that...GREAT movie! The special effects were as good as they said they would be! And some truly hilarious moments!
Um....could anyone understand a WORD Keith Richards said? And, of course, Tia Dalma was as hard to understand as ever. lol

Capt. Jack

I definatly agree with what everyone is saying about it being the best out of the series. I just got back from seeing it, & can't wait to go back & see it again. I think one of the coolest parts, was when Barbossa & the crew go to "Davy Jones Locker", & the screen went black & you heard the music/parts of the ride.

Go see it, you definatly won't regret it.

philsfan2185

Anyone else hear the ride soundtrack during the movie? Listen for it when the screen is basically blank. Great movie, as stated earlier, I'm going again tomorrow!

-Dan
Oh yes, I caught that! It was from the original ride soundtrack, so maybe the movie makers were paying homage to it because if the refurb that happened last year as to say that the original ride is is a sense "dead. It was a nice transition to Davey Jones' locker.

haveyoumetmark

At World's End was a great movie. I think the success of the series is more than likely due to the brilliant casting. The movies were also great. A+ from me for AWE. It was kind of confusing, so now I'll go to look for a detailed plot summary somewhere online and then I'll go catch it again to add to those weekend numbers.

An extra comment about AWE: There is A LOT of Depp and more Knightly than you'd expect. That's okay though, Cap'n Jack cracks me up, and frankly, Miss Swann is just nice to look at. :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Just out of the 12:01 at Pleasure Island.

It was weird to go outside at 3am and see a mostly full parking lot.

makonyy15

I wish I stayed for after the credits :brick:

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go see it again!

I loved the ride references throughout the movie and I thought the ending was great, especially the final battle scene.

WDWFigment

I am so glad to hear all of the positive reviews from forum members. While it may be getting mixed reviews from critics, your opinions are the ones I'm more likely to fall in line with on this film. I may be a film elitist when it comes to a lot of other stuff, but not with PotC!

t3techcom18

I came back yesterday, and it was sooo awesome yet so packed!! Lotys of people, including me, dressed up in full Pirate garb and everything, and some others were pretty funny, like those some who dressed almost exactly like Captain Jack, from head to toe, and even acted like him in both mannerisms and speech, even walking drunkily, and asking random people the infamous line, "Why is the rum gone???", haha. That same guy was in my theater watching it, and he went alll the way up to to the top where the projectionist window was, and actually started making shadow puppets with the light, lol. Then, outside, some people were even discussing ships they had, and with some of the theaters, people were waiting when they opened, and one guy came and stood on the bench, with an ACTUAL SWORD, and said, "You don't NEED to check my tickets, THIS is MY ticket!!" i have a bet they called security on that one, lol. But yeah, AMC did a great great job, and I just feel a bit bummed that I wasn't able to get a poster, but oh well I guess, hopefully somebody I know got an extra or it's available online somewhere, cause it was an awesome double-sided poster.

As for the movie: Easily the best out of the 3, but I have to see it again cause it was a bit of a sensory overload for me, and too much info to handle all at once, and while I got most of it, I just need to see it again to grab it all, but I gotta say..Jack's entrance in this one, HAHA, WOW, counts as the most bizzare entrance for a character I've seen. I definitely liked when the screen went black and the ride references came up, all the audio and all, THAT was awesome, and made me have a bit of a geeky squeal, lol. My only other problem is that yeah, the whole thing bout her growing into tallness...reminded me of a cheesy Greek tv-movie, and that's not a compliment, but okay, lol. Must..go...see it...again! :sohappy:

slappy magoo

slightly OT, but if POTC3 is sold out at you local googolplex, I highly recommend 28 weeks later. I don't know how suitable it is for everyone, but I really dug it. Though it seems like every movie theatre is having at east 95 showings of POTC3 this weekend, so you should get in some time.

hrcollectibles

Am I the only one here that does not read reveiws prior to seeing a movie. The reason I don't is because ot may or may not impact how I feel....

Lee

Adventurer
Dang!
I was tired and forgot to stay after the credits!:brick:

Somebody pm me a spoiler for the scene at the end, please.....:wave:

YankeeMouse

We went last night in the Chicago area and there were three theaters playing POTC at once, and 3 show times, and all were sold out. I was stunned to see 3/4 of the theater empty out during the credits! What were they thinking. The piece after the credits was more meaningful than those in the other two movies.

Stitch69

i saw it last night and thought is was great. I didn't know to stay for the credits- WHAT HAPPENED???? Someone please tell me!!!!!

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Went to the opening show here.....

I really, really wanted to be able to give the movie two thumbs up, but alas - I just cant do it.

The special effects were great as you would expect. There were some funny moments with an injection of Disney touches. But that was about it for me.

I had two major problems with the picture. The first was the information overload - It's not that I couldn't keep up but rather when the credits roll you feel like you just got done taking a calculus test. Miss a moment or two and you will miss something critical. To be honest I just think they had to tie up too many pieces of story in this one.

The second problem I had was simply how they handled the end of the movie. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, I just don't like where things went at all. There were so many different ways to give the viewer something, some way to feel good about things - and they chose to not give the viewer any of these angles.

Perhaps when some time has passed I will expand on that last thought, but again I don't want to ruin it for anybody.

I saw the second movie several times - I think Im only going to see this one once and wait for the dvd.

I really wanted to like this one. Honest. :(

majortom1981

can't wait

I can't wait to see it tonight. Then tommorrow I will be going into the city to the World of Disney store to get a picture with Jack Sparrow.

Also maybe listen to the guy talk with the book (the world of disney store in nyc is having this special pirates weekend thing)

haveyoumetmark

I too would LOVE if someone PM'd me with information or a synopsis of the scene after the credits.

OR someone can post it in the other Pirates thread that was started on Tuesday and has the really long title. It's specifically to rave/complain about the movie and it has a ton of spoilers already. I loved the movie, but my party was just so tired and bored due to the length of the film they hauled ______ out of the theater as soon as the movie ended.

:wave:

EDIT: Here's the link to the other thread if anyone would be so kind. BE WARNED OF SPOILERS...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=184468

Thanks so much!

Dizknee_Phreek

I had two major problems with the picture. The first was the information overload - It's not that I couldn't keep up but rather when the credits roll you feel like you just got done taking a calculus test. Miss a moment or two and you will miss something critical. To be honest I just think they had to tie up too many pieces of story in this one.

The second problem I had was simply how they handled the end of the movie. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, I just don't like where things went at all. There were so many different ways to give the viewer something, some way to feel good about things - and they chose to not give the viewer any of these angles.

I saw the second movie several times - I think Im only going to see this one once and wait for the dvd.

I agree 150% on EVERYTHING you said! I saw the second one only once, and it'll probably be the same with this one. I'm totally ticked off about the ending! That totally ruined the whole thing for me. There's so many ways they could've handled it, like you said. I'd love to discuss it further, but I too don't want to ruin anything. Feel free to email me if you want. I can PM you my email address (can't use the PMs on here too much, cause my box is 98% full and I'm too lazy to go through my messages, heh)

Buried20KLeague

Went to the opening show here.....

I really, really wanted to be able to give the movie two thumbs up, but alas - I just cant do it.

The special effects were great as you would expect. There were some funny moments with an injection of Disney touches. But that was about it for me.

Perhaps when some time has passed I will expand on that last thought, but again I don't want to ruin it for anybody.

AMEN. Couldn't agree more. Absolutely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom