Pirates 3 Ticket Sales at Pleasure Island Update

imagineer boy

Well, the critics seem pretty split on this one but they were split on the last two as well. But it seems like the critics who didn't like it are calling it the worst movie ever, while the critics who liked it are calling it the best movie ever.

Oh well, I'll make up my mind about it when I see it today. I really hope I enjoy it!

DisneyDefenders

Totally Unexpected...Totally Pirates!

Went to the opening show here.....

I really, really wanted to be able to give the movie two thumbs up, but alas - I just cant do it.

The special effects were great as you would expect. There were some funny moments with an injection of Disney touches. But that was about it for me.

I had two major problems with the picture. The first was the information overload - It's not that I couldn't keep up but rather when the credits roll you feel like you just got done taking a calculus test. Miss a moment or two and you will miss something critical. To be honest I just think they had to tie up too many pieces of story in this one.

The second problem I had was simply how they handled the end of the movie. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, I just don't like where things went at all. There were so many different ways to give the viewer something, some way to feel good about things - and they chose to not give the viewer any of these angles.

Perhaps when some time has passed I will expand on that last thought, but again I don't want to ruin it for anybody.

I saw the second movie several times - I think Im only going to see this one once and wait for the dvd.

I really wanted to like this one. Honest. :(

It was a plot twist that no one saw coming...which was in the spirit of the Pirates movies, and opens up the door for great new stories surrounding Will. "At World's End" gets three thumbs up from me!!! :) :) :)

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I too would LOVE if someone PM'd me with information or a synopsis of the scene after the credits.

I'll summarize best I can......

"Kraken shows up, hat in tentacle and apologizes for causing all the "ruckus." Kraken and Elizabeth hug, there are tears. Mercer begins singing "Kumbaya" and is joined by the rest of the cast. They sway to the left and right in a chorus line as the camera pans out. And that's about it."

It was a plot twist that no one saw coming...

(In my best Jack Sparrow voice.......) "A plot twist mate? Aye, they twisted so hard they snapped the bloody thing off didn't they? Savvy?" .....lol - j/k:wave:

lentesta

Premium Member
I know a lot of folks are saying the movie is confusing. Having seen it twice now, I can say the second viewing really, really helps. It all makes sense after that. (And I'm going again tonight.)

I'm up for a "Pirates 4" assuming we're done with Elizabeth and Will's story.

Anyone know how U.S. ticket sales are progressing? Every theater I've been to is either sold-out or very nearly so.

Len

csaguy

STAY THROUGH THE CREDITS!
Yes, you do have to pay attention all of the time or you will miss something. It's like the ride, the first time you don't see or hear all of the elements. The second , third ... time you see more things.
I think Keith was one of the best (real) looking pirate. Anyone agree?

PS My 19 year old DS did not know who Keith Richards is.

Timmay

Yes...$17 million confirmed for Thursday.

Granted, the link below is only an early estimate, but if true...OUCH!!

Friday estimate.

Seems a little low to me (I had guessed around 48 million), but we will find out later this afternoon.

imagineer boy

Whatever the number is, it should be alot of money. I peeked into the box office at my movie theater and many of the shows were sold out. And the lines for it were incredibly long ( with people dressed up as pirates too lol ).

MrsPortiaB

For anyone wanting a spoiler of what happens after the credits you can check out Wikipedia for an written explanation.

Or, as of right now, on YouTube, someone posted a semi-good quality 1 minute video of it, but if you want to see if you'd better hurry because Disney's keeping a close eye on YouTube and having any Pirates 3 videos pulled for Copyright infringement.

Not saying it's right for the YouTube poster or anything but for someone who already paid to see the movie but missed the scene after the credits, it's nice to have now seen it.

Aurora8305

As far as the scene after the credits, I was glad to see it, but was sad becasue of how it came about. I did not like what happened to one of the characters during the movie that eventually led to the last scene, though I was glad that it was there. I just didn't like what happened to the character:(

MrsPortiaB

As far as the scene after the credits, I was glad to see it, but was sad becasue of how it came about. I did not like what happened to one of the characters during the movie that eventually led to the last scene, though I was glad that it was there. I just didn't like what happened to the character:(

I completely agree. I think there were many other ways they could have ended so that the characters would not have to feel or be obligated to do POTC 4. :cry:

atterris

Thank You Thank You Thank You

If I had'nt read this thread prior to going to the film I might not have stayed passed the credits. Everyone on the theater got up and left. I had to make my friends sit and wait with me. They told me that you guys must be pulling my leg and the joke was sitting through the large amount of credits. But in the end I was vindicated thanks to all of your posts and info.:wave:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Having learned the lesson of the previous flicks I too stayed. Thought the inclusion of Mickey in a pirates outfit was sheer genius.

And if the ending didnt leave them open to make further films Im Shrek.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom