Pirates 3 Ticket Sales at Pleasure Island Update

CTXRover

Another update:

At the AMC PI theaters, there is now just ONE 8pm showing left for Thursday night if anyone is interested. If you were planning on seeing it before it officially opens on Friday, get your tickets NOW!

jimmieglen2006

hey i have a question. here they are not doing a miding but actualy opening at 8 on thursday night and the having like 7 showing and no midnight. anyone else city haveing it open early thursadya night instead of friday

ImaYoyo

hey i have a question. here they are not doing a miding but actualy opening at 8 on thursday night and the having like 7 showing and no midnight. anyone else city haveing it open early thursadya night instead of friday
Yes, that's what this thread is about. Most theaters (including AMC at Pleasure Island) are able to release the movie at 8PM on Thursday. So when all here say "8PM showing", that is what they are referring to. Have a good time.

DDuckFan130

Wow :lol:

I will be heading into WDW on Friday, but I don't even want to bother with the crowds. I will wait and enjoy my WDW vacation :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
thanks, just thougt it was curious some places are still doing midnight showings and others are not

For places like Pleasure Island, all the 8pm shows (11 or 12?) need to finish the near 3-hour movie then clean-up and also they had alrady been selling the 12:01 shows. So, they now have most of the theaters doing then 8pm followed by the 12:01.

Elsewhere, like DL's DtD, they have staggered shows starting at 8pm until the 12:01 (again, already being presold). They're letting various other movies finish then switching the film. Pleasure Island is instead ending all of it's other film showings earlier to get all those 8pm showings.

New2WDW

I will not be able to see the movie this weekend :cry: but I was flicking the chammel around and saw some Premier footage at Disneyland and the lady host mentioned something about a 4th movie? Was she just throwing that out or is there any merit to that?

Anyway, I guess I will have to stay off these boards til I get to see the movie...:lol:

t3techcom18

Going tomorrow at 8 at PI ! My friends and and I are getting all dressed up for it!! And WOW....that's just insane, to see everything sold out, it's only the first day, and seeing how many showings there is....WOW. I'm just impressed about it all. It's gunna be a madhouse, but a crazy fun one!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

EpcotServo

That's crazy! Knowing PI 24 like the back of my hand, I can hardly wrap my mind around the idea of 23 of those HUGE theatres being packed full of people! That means ONE film will be playing that night that ISN'T Pirates! I'm glad I have my tickets bought and picked up already.

"Unless I miss my guess, we're in for one wild night..."
-King Leonidas

WDWFigment

While I'm just as excited as the rest of you, let's be a little more rational about how POTC:AWE will do. I don't think it can top Spiderman 3.

First, despite getting an extra show in at 8pm, it doesn't seem that this show will be counted in totals (they are by no means official, but boxofficemojo.com didn't count Shrek's extra shows). This means that places that moved the 12:01am show to 8pm and are now having 0 shows at midnight are lost from the totals.

Second, the movie is 28 minutes shorter than Spiderman 3. While I'm no math expert, I would imagine this amounts to 2 less showings of the film per day, PER SCREEN.

Third, while Shrek 3 and Spiderman 3 got less-than-stellar reviews, it appears PotC 3 is in for the same. While it's still early, check out Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pirates_of_the_caribbean_3/). I would normally say, "let's wait and see," but read them. They aren't giving it poor reviews for differing reasons, but rather all seem to agree that it's a long, babbling film. Doesn't make a big difference to me, but negative reviews will hurt its box office take to some degree.

Fourth, when Spiderman 3 came out, what other big films were in theaters? Wild Hogs, Meet the Robinsons? Exactly. Nothing big. Now Shrek 3 and Spiderman 3 are both out. While Spiderman 3 is sinking faster than the Titantic, most theaters will not be able to devote the shear number of screens to POTC:AWE as they did Spiderman 3.

Just my thoughts on what will happen. I hope I'm wrong. I hope this movie gets nothing but stellar reviews from here on out and breaks all records. I don't expect that, and it doesn't change what I'll think of the film, but I don't think we should base what's going on at Downtown Disney (which might hold an unrepresentative number of POTC fans) as a barometer for what will happen nationwide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom