Pirates 3 Ticket Sales at Pleasure Island Update

imagineer99

Do I think that Pirates will set a weekend gross record? Yup.

Do I think that it's going to be far too long and boring? Yup.

I'm sorry, but there is no reason for an ACTION movie to be excruciatingly long. Dead Man's Chest ranks up there as some of the most boring cinematic drivel I've seen in quite some time.

I hope I'm proven wrong...

Buried20KLeague

Parents don't care. I saw Spidey 3 opening night and the room was full of 4-year olds (and they ruined the movie for me by screaming and whining--I kid you not, one kid could not even walk yet and his parents brought him...I was not happy at all). You can't tell me that parents went in there really expecting Spidey to be kid friendly--the first two films are violent with tons of murder, and parents do it anyway. The second you tack DISNEY on the front of a movie, the strollers will be lined up. You could not pay me to go to a 7 pm showing tomorrow or ANY afternoon showing this weekend. It's the 9 pm showing for me. The last thing I want is toddlers screaming throughout my $10 movie...

Careful with your generalizations... SOME parents don't care. :wave:

WDWFigment

Ugh, thanks for the reminder about parents taking their children to this. Might as well axe those plans to go to the 8pm show.

Now that rottentomatoes has more reviews, it looks like the basic complaints are that it's too long and the story is difficult to follow. Same complaints that were levied against DMC, and I enjoyed that--let's hope this goes the same way.

Timmay

Just saw something over at Box Office Mojo that may make me eat crow regarding just about all of my statements from last night--PotC:AWE is opening in 4,362 theaters versus the 4,324 for Spiderman 3 (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/widest.htm?page=WIDEST&p=.htm) It may have a shot at the OW record!

It is still going to struggle breaking the Opening Weekend record set by Spidey...todays totals will not go towards the weekend total and niether will Monday. The running time means it will not get as many showings in for a day that Spidey did. Spider-Man opened on a perfect weekend to break the DMC record.

No big deal if it doesn't break the OW numbers...it will most likely break the 4 and 5 day records.

ToTBellHop

It is still going to struggle breaking the Opening Weekend record set by Spidey...todays totals will not go towards the weekend total and niether will Monday. The running time means it will not get as many showings in for a day that Spidey did. Spider-Man opened on a perfect weekend to break the DMC record.

No big deal if it doesn't break the OW numbers...it will most likely break the 4 and 5 day records.
yeah...the OW record is just for pride, but even without it, Pirates will easily make hundreds of millions of dollars, and...undoubtedly...there will be a Pirates 4...you know, to accompany Spidey 4 and Shrek 4.................

imagineer99

I believe pre-production has already started on Pirates 4 and 5! As for Spidey, that series is dead!

Spiderman is one of the top grossing franchises of all time. You'd have to be crazy not to think that the studios will be making another spider-man flick in the future. Granted, the cast will be different--but that won't stop audiences from coming.

ToTBellHop

Spiderman is one of the top grossing franchises of all time. You'd have to be crazy not to think that the studios will be making another spider-man flick in the future. Granted, the cast will be different--but that won't stop audiences from coming.
that may not even be the case--Tobey and Kirsten have suddenly become amenable to being in further films as long as Sam Raimi returns to direct (and it now appears he will) and the stories are strong--basically, they saw all the cash Spidey brought in and remembered that they like money. More than likely the whole "we don't want to go beyond the first trilogy" was a ploy to make sure their paychecks get larger...

makonyy15

Just saw PotC 3 and absolutely loved it. Yes it was long, but I really didn't notice. It had some of the best action I've seen and if you know the first two movies well, you'll be ok in following the story of the 3rd.

Elizabeth Swann is also looking her best in this film :D

EpcotServo

I just got back, and I have one question... great movie or GREATEST MOVIE EVER?

I'm still geekin' out about it! It was an amazing movie, and actully my favorite of the series. AMC 24 handled it great, and even had free posters! I was able to get one before they ran out too! They had a little shop and photo op out front, plus a roaming band of local pirates AMC let go from theatre to theatre to mingle.

Now stop reading these posts, get to bed, and get up early to go see World's End!

You'll love it!
:sohappy:

TinkerBell9988

Just saw it.

SO many attraction references. Pay attention to the dialogue and little bits in scenes.

And please stay until after the credits.

AMAZING. At least, that's what I thought. :animwink:

Definitely going again tomorrow! :D

imagineerfan

Anyone else hear the ride soundtrack during the movie? Listen for it when the screen is basically blank. Great movie, as stated earlier, I'm going again tomorrow!

-Dan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom