Photoshop Pages

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I made pages!!! Woohoo. Two of 'em. But hey that's a start, right? And even better... I'm really happy with them!

These are the first pages I've done that are non-Disney related. Both are from our recent May cruise with my parents on the Carnival Liberty. :sohappy:

Boat Drinks:

boat_drinkscopy.jpg

And the infamous Muster Drill:

muster_drillcopy.jpg

I contemplated putting a sinking ship in the background, but thought that might be taking it a bit too far!

angieandtrevor

Great pages HollyBelle, I really love the DOD page, but both pages are really nice. You did a wonderful job and you are off to a great start. I am glad you are posting cruise pages because now it might give me some inspiration for my new book that I just started :)

angieandtrevor

I hope you aren't offended if I make one little suggestion, I would change "boat" to "ship" only because it is a big running joke that you never call a cruise ship a boat......ha-ha. I know it is pretty silly but I wouldn't want a long time cruise expert to pick up on it :) After I had completed my first cruise scrapbook one of my coworkers mentioned it to me so I had to go back and fix the pages that I had called the ship a boat, LOL !

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, Angie! It's funny you mention the ship/boat debate and I'm not the least bit offended. While I realize it's a ship... throughout the whole cruise, Brett and I referred to it as the Boat (if you watch Top Chef, we always used Fabio's Italian pronunciation because he constantly talked about being fresh off the boata). Plus, the title is actually a play off of Buffett's song Boat Drinks. That being said, because it's not really clear, I might incorporate a little more of the lyrics onto the page.

angieandtrevor

Thanks, Angie! It's funny you mention the ship/boat debate and I'm not the least bit offended. While I realize it's a ship... throughout the whole cruise, Brett and I referred to it as the Boat (if you watch Top Chef, we always used Fabio's Italian pronunciation because he constantly talked about being fresh off the boata). Plus, the title is actually a play off of Buffett's song Boat Drinks. That being said, because it's not really clear, I might incorporate a little more of the lyrics onto the page.

Ha Ha, that is funny. Well I think the big experts would agree that is a good enough reason to keep it the way it is. I just thought I would mention it, didn't want you getting pegged as an amature, LOL !

mouselvrmom

Oh, I so love those pages, Holly! Those drinks look YUMMY! What's in them? Is that a photo of the umbrellas that you took for the background? It's fabulous!

I also love the photo you used for the background in your other page. It is just perfect!

Glad to see you're making pages! :sohappy:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Ha Ha, that is funny. Well I think the big experts would agree that is a good enough reason to keep it the way it is. I just thought I would mention it, didn't want you getting pegged as an amature, LOL !

No problem! When it comes to cruising... I am an amateur!! :D

Oh, I so love those pages, Holly! Those drinks look YUMMY! What's in them? Is that a photo of the umbrellas that you took for the background? It's fabulous!

I also love the photo you used for the background in your other page. It is just perfect!

Glad to see you're making pages! :sohappy:

Thanks, Jenn! They're actually margaritas (our favorite :sohappy:). I think they just put some blue curacao in them for fun because the taste was spot on for a classic margarita. I found the umbrellas on google and fell in love with them.

I'm trying to balance my free time, but most of it is going towards the trip report. When I finally finish the beast, I hope to knock out both my cruise and marathon books.

Disneyfalcon

Holly!! Cruise layouts! I love them!! They look awesome! I agree about the umbrellas, they're perfect. Awesome that you started!!:sohappy:

Coree

They looks great, Holly. And for the record, when I read "Boat Drinks" my mind immediately went to "Boat Drunks." :sohappy:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Holly!! Cruise layouts! I love them!! They look awesome! I agree about the umbrellas, they're perfect. Awesome that you started!!:sohappy:

Thanks, Tammy.

They looks great, Holly. And for the record, when I read "Boat Drinks" my mind immediately went to "Boat Drunks." :sohappy:

You know, that might have been just as appropriate a title. Drinks? Drunks? One and the same that week. :lol: Thanks, Coree.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Disney pages!

Sids Antiques and Curios:

sids_antiques_and_curioscopy.jpg

Old Key West Resort:

old_key_west_resortcopy.jpg

The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wise Acres Farm:

goofys_barnstormercopy.jpg

Goofy's Liberate your Appetite dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern (not one of my favorites... but that's okay):

liberty_tree_taverncopy.jpg

The Flying Fish Cafe (I sampled the neon sign to get that stroke color, but it doesn't quite look right... might have to go in and change that):

flying_fish_cafecopy.jpg

And Disney's Magical Express (marathon trip... our only experience with DME-I really like how the page came out):

disneys_magical_expresscopy.jpg

Psst... I'm cheating. I finished all of these quite a while back, and for whatever reason hadn't posted them yet. Hopefully, this'll get me in the mood to do some more!!

Disneyfalcon

What?!?! You were holding out on us?:eek::lol:

Great pages though! I really like your style, Holly, the pictures are the focus and they're always fun to look at. I also always enjoy seeing what you used for a background too!

mouselvrmom

Ahh...I was so ready to congratulate you for your quick skills in getting pages done so soon after your trip report and then you tell us that they were already done!!!! :eek::lol:

Either way, they are great pages! I love them all! I think my favorite is your magical express one! It did turn out so well! I also love the OKW one. We haven't stayed there yet, hopefully next trip so it's nice seeing some pages to get an idea about what's in store for us!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, ladies! Jenn you spoke too soon, I did get some pages done tonight. It's not as many as you can crank out in a day, but hey, it's still progress. :lol: Woohoo... three cheers for me! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I'm trying to bring something different to my cruise pages, what exactly, I don't know. But so far I do think they have a slightly different feel than my Disney pages. We'll see how long that lasts.

Title page:

intro_leftcopy.jpg

Miami (port of debarkation):

miamicopy.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, Tammy. I don't have quite as many pictures to work with (especially for some layouts) so I think that's part of the reason I'm trying to use a different approach.

mouselvrmom

Very cool, Holly! I'm so glad you started doing pages right away!

I love how you have the wave in the first page going over your picture! It looks awesome! :sohappy:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, Jenn. Yeah the wave background is actually (drumroll please) an element from a digital kit. I just duplicated it multiple times and then put my picture under one of the layers. While I didn't use it properly... I did use something scrapbook-y from a kit. :lol:

mouselvrmom

Thanks, Jenn. Yeah the wave background is actually (drumroll please) an element from a digital kit. I just duplicated it multiple times and then put my picture under one of the layers. While I didn't use it properly... I did use something scrapbook-y from a kit. :lol:

You know I kind of thought that's what you'd done and it works so well on that page! Yay for using something from a kit! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom