Photoshop CS3 Layouts

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Alright, I made some changes to soften the border a little. Now I think I'll use this border for sure.

Figment_TomSarahcopy.jpg

Coree

Love the page! I kind of agree with Tammy though that the two side images may be a bit much. I like the idea of something there, but those two just seem like a bit much.

eagles

remember this is all what you like.

i really debated over saying something or not, but for my eyes, this page is busy. for me, it takes away from the pictures. you two are such a cute couple, that i would want those pics to stand out more than all those bright colors everywhere.
for me i would try going around the edge of the paper with that, or use paint strokes on the page (maybe).

WDWFigment

Original Poster
remember this is all what you like.

i really debated over saying something or not, but for my eyes, this page is busy. for me, it takes away from the pictures. you two are such a cute couple, that i would want those pics to stand out more than all those bright colors everywhere.
for me i would try going around the edge of the paper with that, or use paint strokes on the page (maybe).

Please, don't debate over saying anything. I'm not going to be offended, and would much rather hear criticism if you have it than have you bite your tongue.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Here are my three newest. The AK one is going to have a graphic or two added, but that can't happen until a get a high res. picture of what I need on the coming trip. Basically, I just tried to do these ones as quickly as possible so I can finish the last trip before our next trip...

AK_layout2.jpg

MK_1.jpg

MK_2copy.jpg

mouselvrmom

I really love your zebra paper on the animal kingdom page.

I also really love the pictures of you and your gf with the statues with main street lit up and the one of all of you with main street lit up. It looks great! What kind of a setting did you use on that one? Now I am not a camera person, so I don't need a lot of detail. I'm assuming that you didn't use a flash to pick up on the lights? But I can still see you in the picture so I didn't know if your camera had a special setting for nighttime or something.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I really love your zebra paper on the animal kingdom page.

I also really love the pictures of you and your gf with the statues with main street lit up and the one of all of you with main street lit up. It looks great! What kind of a setting did you use on that one? Now I am not a camera person, so I don't need a lot of detail. I'm assuming that you didn't use a flash to pick up on the lights? But I can still see you in the picture so I didn't know if your camera had a special setting for nighttime or something.

I used a tripod for all of the night shots (you can see it in the second MK layout bottom middle picture. Without one, you aren't going to be able to capture the lights (unless you have a REALLY REALLY steady hand). Some of the shots turned out perfectly as shot (MK 1: Top left and right, MK 2: top right) others required me to fiddle with the exposure a little in Photoshop.

But I would wholeheartedly recommend a tripod for any night WDW pictures. I bought the Sunpak Travellite from Best Buy; the tripod is full size, but collapses to 14.6" so it fits in my hydra-pack (turned full fledged backpack for WDW trips). Any good nighttime picture you see in any of my layouts is a product of using the tripod. It was totally worth carrying it around (I'll be doing it again everyday in a little over a week!).

mouselvrmom

So did you use your timer and the tripod in the picture where all three of you are together?

I think I remember someone mentioning that particular tripod in another thread. I thought that it sounded like a deal at the time. My camera takes horrendous night photos. I know this may sound like a silly question, but did you get any strange looks as you were setting up your tripod to take pictures? And if you used the timer on any, did anyone just walk in front of you camera? I don't think I've ever seen anyone use a tripod in WDW, unless maybe I did once for wishes. I think that's odd since obviously people do it.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
i really like your last 3 pages. very good.

Thanks!

So did you use your timer and the tripod in the picture where all three of you are together?

I think I remember someone mentioning that particular tripod in another thread. I thought that it sounded like a deal at the time. My camera takes horrendous night photos. I know this may sound like a silly question, but did you get any strange looks as you were setting up your tripod to take pictures? And if you used the timer on any, did anyone just walk in front of you camera? I don't think I've ever seen anyone use a tripod in WDW, unless maybe I did once for wishes. I think that's odd since obviously people do it.

For night pictures, I use a timer for all shots. Even pressing the shutter button as the picture takes can do enough to make the picture turn out blurry. But for the cases when someone is at the camera, I did a 1 second timer (compared to 10 seconds when I released it). Our friend was working Space Mountain until 2am most nights, so for even the pictures that are just Sarah and me, I was doing the longer timer.

Whenever I got any weird looks, or anyone gave me any grief, I just barked loudly at them. Kidding, of course. I never got any weird looks, at least I don't think I did. I tend to be oblivious to that sort of thing, so maybe a lot of people were giving them. Most of our night pictures were taken after closing on EMH nights (we're talking at 2:30 a.m. right around the time they have CMs gradually moving forward closing off the park as people leave areas further back) so not many people were around to get in the way. For my Illuminations pictures, Wishes, and Parade pictures, I guess I just got lucky with no one getting in the way.

As for hearing about the tripod before in another thread, that probably was me. I tout it every chance I get for being an affordable option as far as full size tripods that collapse really small. I did a lot of research and this was about the only option (besides one other one which I ended up liking better when I played with it at Fry's: http://shop4.outpost.com/{0RNokv80o...wYCPcPlQg**.node3?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG) available for a reasonable price; the photo pros on here recommended others, but all cost $100 or more. I know someone who works at Best Buy, so I got it for $15, but even the normal $55 or so price tag (isn't markup insane on it?!) would be justifiable.

Bottom line-- having and using this tripod at WDW is worth it because it's the only way you're going to get high quality pictures at night.

Disneyfalcon

Figment those are great layouts. Your nightime pics are wonderful. I need to look into this tripod. I bring mine every trip and never bring it to the parks because it's so bulky! Will it hold a SLR?

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Figment those are great layouts. Your nightime pics are wonderful. I need to look into this tripod. I bring mine every trip and never bring it to the parks because it's so bulky! Will it hold a SLR?

Ehhh...probably not. I think the maximum weight is like 2.5 pounds (don't quote me on this). If you like those pictures, I took them with a cheap digital camera (Canon SD1000) which you can get on sale from Gateway right now, with a 1gb mem card and a 2 year warranty for $152. (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mes...readid=777687&highlight_key=y&keyword1=sd1000). So night pictures this good are possible with a cheap digital camera and tripod. You just have to know what you're doing. Not that there's anything wrong with a SLR, but I'm sure that's more of a pain to lug around than the tripod I used was.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Here's my latest attempt. The idea behind this page is that I wanted to somehow get the bottom right "picture" (actually, a pdf) into one of the layouts. I gave Sarah that 'picture' for her 21st birthday as a free ticket to drinks at all of the WS countries. I put a lot of time into making the thing, and wanted to include it in a layout, but it didn't fit in any of my stamp themed WS ones (which I wasn't going to mess up for this, either).

Then I realized I have an even number (or will have, when I'm done) of Epcot pages. So I figured if I added one more, I could use that as the Epcot "title" page (which also forces me to have an odd number of pages before this...I hope that's the case, I didn't do the math). Anyway, a bit different, but I think it's neat. What do you think?

Epcot_1.jpg

eagles

you did a great job on the blending of the 2 halves! you should give a tutorial on that for us.

i really like this page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom