Photoshop CS3 Layouts

mouselvrmom

I like those pages, figment! I love the fantasyland font that you used. It is such a pretty page!

The only thing that I can think of is on the first page, you have a calendar with a picture of I think a water park on it. I'm not sure I would include that on my travel page. But you must have had a reason for putting it there. I love your shots of figment making the journey as well. :)

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I like those pages, figment! I love the fantasyland font that you used. It is such a pretty page!

The only thing that I can think of is on the first page, you have a calendar with a picture of I think a water park on it. I'm not sure I would include that on my travel page. But you must have had a reason for putting it there. I love your shots of figment making the journey as well. :)

The calendar was the countdown calendar I made that we actually used for the month prior to our trip. The page is travel, but also the 'leading up until WDW' page, I suppose.

Here's my newest effort:
Epcot_WS_2copy.jpg

OhioDVCgal

Hi Figment! Just found this part of the forum and your pages are great! I don't blame you for avoiding the digiscrapping forums. I myself am an active participant in several, and I'm even *gasp* a digital product designer! However, all the drama that goes on at those sites is enough to make one go insane, so I think you are smart to stay away and just post your stuff here! LOL

I love your stamp themed pages. That is a great idea. And I love that you incorporate pieces of ephemera from your trips. Do you scan those in, or are those hybrid pages? I need to do more of that. I end up saving all the stuff, but throwing them in a bag and they don't end up on my pages.

So, do you do your "digital image manipulation" for other things besides Disney? If so, I'd love to see those pages!

I just posted some of my Disney in another thread. Link is in my siggie. :)

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Hi Figment! Just found this part of the forum and your pages are great! I don't blame you for avoiding the digiscrapping forums. I myself am an active participant in several, and I'm even *gasp* a digital product designer! However, all the drama that goes on at those sites is enough to make one go insane, so I think you are smart to stay away and just post your stuff here! LOL

I love your stamp themed pages. That is a great idea. And I love that you incorporate pieces of ephemera from your trips. Do you scan those in, or are those hybrid pages? I need to do more of that. I end up saving all the stuff, but throwing them in a bag and they don't end up on my pages.

So, do you do your "digital image manipulation" for other things besides Disney? If so, I'd love to see those pages!

I just posted some of my Disney in another thread. Link is in my siggie. :)

Thanks for the compliments. I don't have any pages besides the WDW ones as I just picked up the hobby and because it's really the only thing in my life that merits photography (something about reading legal text and watching ESPN that just doesn't make an exciting photograph :shrug:). I also avoid forums like those (except when I'm searching google for a tutorial on something I want to make) because I still really don't consider it scrapbooking in the sense that most others scrapbook. Most others use a lot of non-Disney elements to enhance their pages, and that gives the digital pages a certain scrapbooker look, whereas I'm just going for self-made pages for a photobook (the things you can buy from iPhoto and other websites). Plus, I'm already busy enough that I don't need another forum I constantly check, so this one suffices for me. Besides, the folks here are nice and offer plenty of feedback!

Everything on the pages I either scan in, create with photoshop, or find on google images. I make sure it's all high res, otherwise it will look pixelated when it prints out.

Your pages look great (I am definitely stealing the mouse ears idea)! I will comment more on them individually in that thread.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Not pleased with this one. I think I need to put all the original pavilion logos onto one page, and go back to the drawing board on the layout of this one...

Epcot_FW_2.jpg

mouselvrmom

I agree with you there, figment. That one just doesn't look like your pages look. I don't know if it's too busy with the map there or not. I love having the map, but like you said maybe it needs it's own page with the pictures on their own page. But those are great pictures!

eagles

i kind of like the map. but i would like it (i think) if you made dorey stand out more like an added embellishment, sort of like of out of bounds dorey.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
i kind of like the map. but i would like it (i think) if you made dorey stand out more like an added embellishment, sort of like of out of bounds dorey.

Maybe this is scrapbook-speak and I just don't know it, but what is dorey? Do you mean it would look better if the map was partially off the edge of the page? I think I like that, I'll give it a try. If that's what you mean...

Disneyfalcon

Maybe this is scrapbook-speak and I just don't know it, but what is dorey? Do you mean it would look better if the map was partially off the edge of the page? I think I like that, I'll give it a try. If that's what you mean...

Dorey!! The blue fish!!!:lol: And you call yourself a Disney fan!!:lol:

In your defense though I think it may be spelled Dory?

Uponastar

Dorey!! The blue fish!!!:lol: And you call yourself a Disney fan!!:lol:

In your defense though I think it may be spelled Dory?

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

eagles

LOL

ok so i can't spell.

but wdwfigment...you do not know what a out of bounds is? i will try to give you an example. give me a few minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom