Photoshop CS3 Layouts

eagles

here you go. make the fish dory come out of the box so to speak.

dinoland1-1.jpg

WDWFigment

Original Poster
here you go. make the fish dory come out of the box so to speak.

dinoland1-1.jpg

Yeah! Actually, I just learned how to do this yesterday (although I did it before in the frontierland layout via a crude method). Here is the first 'cut out' I made. I am still trying to figure out how to add claw marks to the picture without getting the stroke border to appear in the claw marks. I might have to find a tutorial for that, too!

Yeticopy.jpg

eagles

that is great. one thing that makes it stand out more so is the frame. you add the frame, and use your transform tools and make the frame include whatever part you want inside the frame. then on the part you want coming out (out of bounds) you can erase the frame. and of course, don't forget the shadows, the shadows on these things really bring the image out of bounds. (don't judge my shadows, because mine are never correct)

i don't know if that made sense. but i have read lots of tutorials, however they seem to make the procedure more difficult then it really is.

eagles

oh and i just thought of something that might help with claw marks. you might want to try to play with brush strokes. not sure how to do that, but it was just an after thought i had.

eagles

i have been trying all morning to create a claw mark, and i can't do it! it is driving me crazy.

figment..do you know how to install brushes? i downloaded a few brushes that might beable to create that look, but i can't figure out how to install them to elements. any help?

WDWFigment

Original Poster
i found a tutorial for gimp users(i think), but from a quick read on it, i think you should beable to create your claw mark following the tut.

http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/Creating-Real-Old-Rusted-Paper-With-Gimp-gimp-2-2-3-42-1.html

Yeah, that's not really what I'm looking for. I already know how to make the claw marks, it's just that I don't know how to place a border (I usually use 'stroke') around the picture and not have that show up in the clawed area. I guess it would help if I posted the layout I made of Everest. I want the claws to look like the claw marks in that (the new picture would replace that one).

Everest_Layoutcopy.jpg

eagles

so you want a boarder around the yeti in your layout that you just posted? similar to what you previously post with the yeti?

if i read that correctly, then, i think you erased to much of your image. you should do the boarder first..

maybe i am reading too much into it. but to make a border i just use my rectangle tool and fill in larger than the image, then make another rectangle inside and delete.

but this idea would be great on the yeti page.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
so you want a boarder around the yeti in your layout that you just posted? similar to what you previously post with the yeti?

if i read that correctly, then, i think you erased to much of your image. you should do the boarder first..

maybe i am reading too much into it. but to make a border i just use my rectangle tool and fill in larger than the image, then make another rectangle inside and delete.

but this idea would be great on the yeti page.

How did I overlook that! This is normally not the easiest way to make a border, but in this case, it was! Check out the results--which do you like better, the above Everest page, or below?

Everest_Layout.jpg

eagles

i like the yeti out of the bounds! great job!

now if i could come up with claw marks i would be happy.

i have been working on a page (because of you figment!) and i sort of like it so far. but i don't like my border. i made a plain white one, which i don't think works for my layout. i would like some claw marks on my page.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
i like the yeti out of the bounds! great job!

now if i could come up with claw marks i would be happy.

i have been working on a page (because of you figment!) and i sort of like it so far. but i don't like my border. i made a plain white one, which i don't think works for my layout. i would like some claw marks on my page.

I'd love to see it! Maybe we could make some suggestions to help you out?

Here are my updates for this evening:
TL_Layout_2.jpg

Epcot_FW_2-1.jpg

Did I improve the Epcot layout?

eagles

i don't know what it is, but i think the typhoon one is my favorite. all of yours are great, but something about that one really gets me.

you two make a beautiful couple.

the one i was working on is posted under the challenge thread for oct 22-29
i tried to make slash marks but i don't think they came out like i meant them too.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
For my Figment page(s) I'm going to use one of the following styles as a border for the pictures, which do you all like better?

figment_test_1.jpg

figment_test_2jpg.jpg

I'm also considering using the top one for all the small pictures, then using the bottom for a large middle picture, which I will "embellish" with a cut-out of the big fig in the picture below, making it look as if he painted it:

CIMG2200-1.jpg

(I will take a better picture of it when the time comes).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom