Photoshop CS3 Layouts

WDWFigment

Original Poster
So I just got Photoshop CS3 and I've been playing around with it, making some layouts for our photobook. Please give any feedback (improvements, things that should be moved, etc) you may have. Thanks!

aklayoutcopyyg1.jpg

Animal Kingdom #1

polylayoutcopyfb4.jpg

Ohana Character Breakfast

pppartylayoutcopyar7.jpg

Pirate and Princess Party

I have more, but Imageshack isn't cooperating now. I'll post those later.

mouselvrmom

I like your pages a lot! I love the background for your animal kingdom page, the texture on it is very nice. You make a cute couple! :)

Disneyfalcon

Figment your pages look great!! They're very nicely balanced, great colors, etc! I love that AK background too. It looks like you can reach out and rub the fur!

Coree

I agree with everyone else about the AK background, but I also realy like the map on the Pirates and Princess Party page. Well done! And I also love the fact that you scanned in elements from the parks to add to your pages. Great idea!

trose61

Those are some really neat pages. I looked at Photoshop this weekend - maybe I'll convince the hubby that I really "NEED" this!

...then again that's what I've been telling him about a Cricut, too! :lol:

Tami

eagles

Those are some really neat pages. I looked at Photoshop this weekend - maybe I'll convince the hubby that I really "NEED" this!

...then again that's what I've been telling him about a Cricut, too! :lol:

Tami

ps cs is great! don't get me wrong, but it is expensive. if you don't have any programs, try starting with pse 5.0, cost is around $100, then wait and adobe will send you specials for ps cs. usually around 50% off! but you must order elements directly from adobe not from your local stores.

Wow. Those look really nice. I've been contemplating the Photoshop purchase, and your layouts might have just convinced me to go ahead. Hope you don't mind, but I'll likely be using your layouts as inspiration for future projects!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's compliments! Feel free to offer constructive criticism, as well (please).

tllayoutcopybv1.jpg

Typhoon Lagoon

tomorrowlandlayoutrn3.jpg

Tomorrowland

Adventureland almost done...

Disneyfalcon

Figment I have no constructive criticism. They just look great. I love your avatar and photo you used on space. That's so cool!!

Jenn offered some good advice on another thread - she suggested journaling. It's true that you think you'll remember what you were doing/how you were feeling when the pictures were made - but as time goes by you forget so much. It's nice to have it all written down sometimes.

mouselvrmom

I was going say that I have no critique of your pages since they are wonderful, but Tammy just reminded me of my past suggestion to use journaling. :lol:

Seriously, though, when your kids look at these pages 20 years from now, I really think that they would appreciate reading about all of the fun things you did on this vacation.

trose61

ps cs is great! don't get me wrong, but it is expensive. if you don't have any programs, try starting with pse 5.0, cost is around $100, then wait and adobe will send you specials for ps cs. usually around 50% off! but you must order elements directly from adobe not from your local stores.

Thanks for that tip! I looked at the "full" version and at something like $600, it's a little out of the price range. But I found another version, it may even be the one you mentioned, at around $150. So I may start there.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I was going say that I have no critique of your pages since they are wonderful, but Tammy just reminded me of my past suggestion to use journaling. :lol:

Seriously, though, when your kids look at these pages 20 years from now, I really think that they would appreciate reading about all of the fun things you did on this vacation.

Still contemplating doing this...don't know if I want to implement it on the pages themselves, or in some sort of addendum in the back.

Uploading a couple more pages now...should have MGM and Adventureland up soon!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
2005547383630193827_rs.jpg

Adventureland

2005597459167065210_rs.jpg

I have to admit, I got the idea for this from some else's layout here. I don't remember who that was, but I want to give credit where credit is due. Thanks!

Disneyfalcon

That MGM layout is awesome!! It does look vaguely familiar - I can't remember whose it was though. The picture of the hippo cracks me up, it looks so real!:lol:

trose61

I have to admit, I got the idea for this from some else's layout here. I don't remember who that was, but I want to give credit where credit is due. Thanks!

I want to say it may have been eagles that did a similar layout recently. It is a great one, though! I like that you mixed in black & white pictures also - the one in front of the Tower is great.

Tami

Princess_Gina

The layouts look wonderful. I like that you added ticket stubs, memorabilia, souvenirs to the pages. As someone said, when you look back you will have it all together.

I am new to this scrapbooking thing. Where did you get the backgrounds?

I have an older version CS2 and have played around with it. Considerning getting CS3 but dunno if it's worth it. :shrug:

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I got the images from Google images. Make sure you narrow your search to large images. Sometimes even then you'll have to copy the image a few times in order to get a high enough res.

I tend to stay away from the digital scrapbooking sites, because, well, I think they are a little weird. That and none easily organize cotent in any searcheable manner--that's free. But my opinion may be biased as a male who'd rather not deal with the feminine side of this? :shrug: Also, I prefer to think of what I'm doing as 'digital image manipulation' rather than scrapbooking.

mouselvrmom

I love your MGM page, Figment! I love the little film strips with pictures!

I also like your idea of possibly adding a journaling page at the end of your book. I think that's a good way to tell about your trip while still fitting in all of your pictures on your pages.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom