Photos from inside the T-Rex Cafe

shoppingnut

The themeing is great, but it looks just like Rainforest did in it's hey day. I don't like the food at RF and I'm sure T-Rex is going to be the same, so it's not something that will make my list of places I want to eat.

benji

Looks nice. It's just like your in Rainforest Cafe but with Dinos.:veryconfu Both are almost the same experience and have similar menus. I don't get it.

XSTech

I sampled the food during the event today and the bruschetta was REALLY good, as was a similar flat bread meal. I also had a slider which was decent but not the best... though they did make them dry. It needed some ketchup. ;)

Here's a little more information with a link to a photo gallery from today:
http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/?p=1040

I'll be posting a video from inside the restaurant as well soon.

Overall, I would go to T-Rex over Rainforest any day. The decor is great.

yankspy

HA ha ha...I was browsing the pics and saying to myself "It appears to be themed like an underwater icecave...oh look they feature Sam Adams Oktoberfest!":wave:
I would not count on Oktoberfest being there year round. Landry's has a habit of carrying all the seasonal sam drafts.:)

diddy_mouse

I gotta say, this place does look pretty cool. I too had my concerns when I heard about this place but having seen the pictures it has peaked my interest. :) Oh! And I also noticed that Oktoberfest sign in one of the pics:lol:

ttalovebug

I think it looks good, but I don't think it's on par with the Mermaid Lagoon at TDS. When I walked in there, my jaw hit the floor.

It looks similar to the T-Rex in Kansas City... Maybe pumped up just a little bit more than there... But anyway... The KC one is nice and pretty cool, but not like the ML at TDS.

And if the food is like the one in KC... Don't get your hopes up.

I think the real test will be how they maintain the place. Sure it looks great on opening day... But will they pay enough attention to upkeep? Rainforest always drives me nuts because stuff doesn't work, or the foliage is all covered in thick dust, etc... I'm hoping they stay on top of this one to keep the "wow" factor high.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but what is this Mermaid Lagoon everyone speaks so highly of?

andy1278

Me and my missus ate there today (yes, we were in the waiting line at 3 p.m. because, well, she loves dinosaurs). The food was not bad at all. Nothing AMAZING, but it beats the McD's across from it by a landslide. A bit pricey, but it IS Disney.

The theming is INCREDIBLE. The dinosaurs look amazing, the every-half-hour meteor shower is fun but a bit distracting, and the staff was very, very great.

Reservations will most likely start up in January, depending on demand, says one of the executives (I assume) who was strolling around talking to the line in his fancy little Disney button-up shirt.

MousDad

Me and my missus ate there today (yes, we were in the waiting line at 3 p.m. because, well, she loves dinosaurs). The food was not bad at all. Nothing AMAZING, but it beats the McD's across from it by a landslide. A bit pricey, but it IS Disney.

The theming is INCREDIBLE. The dinosaurs look amazing, the every-half-hour meteor shower is fun but a bit distracting, and the staff was very, very great.

Reservations will most likely start up in January, depending on demand, says one of the executives (I assume) who was strolling around talking to the line in his fancy little Disney button-up shirt.

Pardon my ignorance, but do the dinosaurs move (animatronics)? Or are they just statues?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but why in the world would people be waiting in line that long just to eat there? I mean if you only get down to WDW once in a blue moon, that's one thing, but to wait hours in line just to eat food at a particular restaurant? Some peoples be crazy, y'all.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't mean to offend anyone, but why in the world would people be waiting in line that long just to eat there? I mean if you only get down to WDW once in a blue moon, that's one thing, but to wait hours in line just to eat food at a particular restaurant? Some peoples be crazy, y'all.

A lot of them would be locals and cast members.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

See... I am going to have to eat there at least once... just to check that out. :)

Buried20KLeague

I know this is a bit off-topic, but what is this Mermaid Lagoon everyone speaks so highly of?

It's the kids area at Tokyo Disney Sea. From the outside, it looks like King Triton's underwater Castle. But then you walk in and it goes underground, and it's as if you're in their underwater world. Amazing.

I've got pics, I'll try to upload them to my album and link to it here when I get a few minutes. :wave:

disneydiva72

HEY!:eek: My wife,mother-in-law,and I are in the pic from Build-a-Dino.I'm in the back facing away from the camers in the Blue plaid shirt and tan shorts,and my wife and her mom are to the left of me. Cool,In someones pics on the site.Whooohooo!

Thats funny to actually SEE the pic because Im always saying to my husband "Can you imagine how many other peoples pics we are in?" :lol: When you are at Disney you can not be anon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom