Official: Captain EO Returns to DL

juan

Here's my take:

I would like to see Captain EO since I was really young the last time I saw it.

I'm all for it coming to Epcot if it means the end of the "Imagination Institute" and it expedites the overhaul of JII that is so desperately needed.

I'm against it coming to Epcot if it delays the JII overhaul for months, years.

:wave:

_Scar

Absurd. If anything bringing EO back to Epcot would help end the current theme immediatly and signal the Imagineers are preparing a more iconic take on the whole pavilion that will be based on the ORIGINAL pavillion not the goofy version they have now.

Iconic take on the whole pavillion? Is Dreamfinder coming back or something? Did I miss this?

As much as you may think EO would come back to Epcot to refresh and signal a hopeful future for the Imagination- you're wrong. It's all for the money.

SirGoofy

As much as you may think EO would come back to Epcot to refresh and signal a hopeful future for the Imagination- you're wrong. It's all for the money.

Money? What money?

So a few geeks can buy a shirt that just says Captain EO? I doubt they can put MJ's face on anything, so I don't see them making some vast amount of money on this.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sorry but I hate MJ and the fact that Disney would bring anything back with that perv in it sucks.

Well, isn't this post full of judgment, hatred and self righteousness.

glass_house_1.jpg

_Scar

Money? What money?

So a few geeks can buy a shirt that just says Captain EO? I doubt they can put MJ's face on anything, so I don't see them making some vast amount of money on this.

The only reason they reconsidered EO because of This Is It earnings. :p:wave: Not to honor the dead.

Wilt Dasney

:shrug:

I really think people are making too big of a deal about this. I think it's a cool idea.

Agreed. I think this is something intended to appeal to the long-time fans and regulars.

To make the point again: Unless Disney has the right to put Michael Jackson's face on merchandise, or unless there's going to be a separate admission charge to see Captain EO, then saying it's all about the money makes no sense to me. I need to see that line of thought developed a little more to take it seriously.

Mr.EPCOT

The only real money that the parks would make out of this would be from the people who would make additional trips than they normally would. Disneyland being in the entertainment and pop culture capital of the world, they should see some significant number of people making the special trips, but for Walt Disney World it would probably be relatively few, maybe not enough to justify it. There is always the possibility that they'll work out a merchandising deal, but I wouldn't imagine that would amount to much.

_Scar

The only real money that the parks would make out of this would be from the people who would make additional trips than they normally would. Disneyland being in the entertainment and pop culture capital of the world, they should see some significant number of people making the special trips, but for Walt Disney World it would probably be relatively few, maybe not enough to justify it. There is always the possibility that they'll work out a merchandising deal, but I wouldn't imagine that would amount to much.

Which is probably why WDW will never see EO back.

:shrug:

I really think people are making too big of a deal about this. I think it's a cool idea.

I'm sure it is cool to some, but Disney only considered it after This Is It made money.... then they approved it. They didn't approve it to please the fans- although it may be cool to them anyway. And just like This Is It, I don't think it's right to make money off of a dead person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom