Odd Things Overheard

scrapperbelle

Overheard (from 2 girls in their early 20s) in the lobby for Hall of Presidents:

Guest One: This show has ALL of the Presidents.

Guest Two: Even the ones we had from England?:king:

Guest One: I don't know, but I think all of them are dead except for the one that talks...ooohhh....you know...I can't think of his name.

Guest Two: Cool!

DisneyPirate85

Overheard in HM line..
Wife to Husband, who was being argumenative in his wheelchair,
"You can be right, or you can be Happy"!
Arguement over.:ROFLOL:

wvdisneyfamily

We were at Liberty Tree Tavern one night in 2006 waiting for our salad. The waiter seats this family next to us. Mom, Dad, Aunt, little girl, and baby boy. They are all really hungry, but concerned because of the little girl's allergy to wheat. The father looks at the waiter in all seriousness and says "Is pasta the only thing you serve here?" The waiter explains to him that this is not a pasta place and he must be thinking of Tony's. The dad is like are you sure? The waiter says he is very sure they don't serve pasta but will have the chef come out and talk to them about the food. As the waiter walks away, the dad picks up the menu and reads the title of the dinner "Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite Dinner". However, he reads it as "Goofy's Liberatae Your Appetite Dinner. He looks at the family and says "Liberatae...that is an Italian word. This place has to serve only pasta." No one argued with him or corrected him. They all looked around at the tables around them seeing plates of turkey, stuffing, etc...

mouse_luv

We were at Liberty Tree Tavern one night in 2006 waiting for our salad. The waiter seats this family next to us. Mom, Dad, Aunt, little girl, and baby boy. They are all really hungry, but concerned because of the little girl's allergy to wheat. The father looks at the waiter in all seriousness and says "Is pasta the only thing you serve here?" The waiter explains to him that this is not a pasta place and he must be thinking of Tony's. The dad is like are you sure? The waiter says he is very sure they don't serve pasta but will have the chef come out and talk to them about the food. As the waiter walks away, the dad picks up the menu and reads the title of the dinner "Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite Dinner". However, he reads it as "Goofy's Liberatae (accent on the e pronounced "ae") Your Appetite Dinner. He looks at the family and says "Liberatae...that is an Italian word. This place has to serve only pasta." No one argued with him or corrected him. They all looked around at the tables around them seeing plates of turkey, stuffing, etc...
^^^^^
:hammer::brick:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We were at Liberty Tree Tavern one night in 2006 waiting for our salad. The waiter seats this family next to us. Mom, Dad, Aunt, little girl, and baby boy. They are all really hungry, but concerned because of the little girl's allergy to wheat. The father looks at the waiter in all seriousness and says "Is pasta the only thing you serve here?" The waiter explains to him that this is not a pasta place and he must be thinking of Tony's. The dad is like are you sure? The waiter says he is very sure they don't serve pasta but will have the chef come out and talk to them about the food. As the waiter walks away, the dad picks up the menu and reads the title of the dinner "Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite Dinner". However, he reads it as "Goofy's Liberatae Your Appetite Dinner. He looks at the family and says "Liberatae...that is an Italian word. This place has to serve only pasta." No one argued with him or corrected him. They all looked around at the tables around them seeing plates of turkey, stuffing, etc...
"Fra...gi...le...That must mean it is Italian!":lol:

NEmickeyfan

In December, my friend and I were at Epcot in the World Showcase and were just coming up to the China pavillion. Glancing up toward the China museum/theater, we saw the greeter, a Chinese cast member, dressed in a long black garment like a cassock. His hair was, of course, black and he was wearing glasses. From in back of us, we hear a small boy, very excited, running up to his parents and in all seriousness exclaiming, "look, there's Harry Potter!" After a few seconds of puzzled silence, we all burst out in laughter. Gotta love those kids!

The joke is on you. The 88mph is making an obvious Back to the Future reference.

Believe me, I know exactly that the reference indicated Back to the Future but these guys were dead serious...they even began to elaborate more on the nonsense...now if I was at Universal Studios in line for the Back to the Future ride then I'd start to think they were joking.

tomm4004

On the boat from EPCOT to MGM several years back the skipper was playing trivia over the loudspeaker. One question was:

What's the only attraction that is in all four Magic Kingdoms? (At the time HK hadn't opened yet).

I found the question odd since there are many attractions in all four - Space, Pirates, Small World, Haunted Mansion to name a few. Everyone shrugged and she gave the answer as the Haunted Mansion. Upon disembarking I told her that I'd been to all four MKs and that many attractions were in all four (naming them). Now Haunted Mansion has the distinction of being the only attraction in a different land in each park:

DL - New Orleans Square.
WDW - Liberty Square.
Paris - Frontierland.
Tokyo - Fantasyland.

The question had recently been in Disney Magazine (I think) and she had obviously confused it. She was convinced she was right and probably went on misinforming guests for some time!

Chevross

Original Poster
Oh no, I'm bringing back my dead thread from obscurity. Just figured I'd bring it back instead of starting a new one.

Recently on my last visit I heard a few good ones.

Father to son: "Look, it's Daffy Duck, it's Daffy Duck!
Mother to son: "Let me get a picture of you two with Daffy Duck!

-------
In line for the ToT
Girl #1: " I heard that this ride killed someone!"
Girl #2: "Like I heard the same thing too, I heard they got their head chopped off by a low flying prop."
Girl #1: "Really, I heard it was because they got stuck in between the doors!"

-------
A quote from Mulch, Sweat, and Shears singing "Be My Girl."

"We ain't got much to say, cause you were 'talking on your phone."

He came across a person texting on the cell instead of listening to them perform.

I_heart_Tigger

some of my fave overheard Disney quotes...

"There's some show called Mickey & Phil Are magic...who's Phil?"

At World Showcase there's always some good ones...

"The have some countries and some places that aren't really countries here like Canada and Norway"

In Japan, "They should never have put this country next to America, I mean does anyone remember Pearl Harbor?"

"Most of the countries are like America except Mexico and Morocco, they're 3rd world countries"

explaining things to a child "Canada is the country up north, they live in snow and have lots of trees, your grandfather was bit by a bear there, that's why we don't go in here"

At The Contemporary resort "...then the rooms were loaded in my crane with the first guests inside"

On the monorail..."I think it's called the monorail because of all the money it cost"

Raven66

My husband, daughter and I were in Epcot, sitting discussing what we were going to do next and this mother, teenage daughter and a teenage boy around 13 I would guess, came walking by. Well, the mother and the boy were having a very loud argument, and the boy went stomping away and the two ladies were turned around to walk the other way and the kid picked that moment to turn around and flip his mom the bird. We started laughing and I yelled, "hey, he just flipped you off" and the kid turned around and walked way pretty fast.

Standing in line at RRC...a little girl says ,I hate Roller Coasters...just doing this for Dad(who was smiling standing in front of her)....I smile & say you will LOVE THIS!:D NO SIR,I DON'T THINK SO!(Ya'll know what's going to happen)!:D3-2-1...Little yell.. behind me....ride's over....this little girl who hates RC'S ...just did it cause her DAD was riding....is standing on the seat....screaming"AWESOME"...DAD can we go again!!PLEASE!!:D Made my day!
Jim

EPCOTPluto

Ok, I do have one!

From Space Mountain's exit ramp, back in 2008:

Dad: Come on, kids, let them go in that other line! Just let some people through here, and we can go down that ramp!

:eek: Too bad I didn't stick around to see what happened. :brick:

disfan411

I was in line at the security check bag station and the couple in front of us had a bag filled with things. Now all the security guy asked was to open the bag so he could take a look. When he asked him to open the bag, his wife(assuming they were married) yelled at the husband and said "I told you not to steal the towels from the hotel. See now they know you took them." He didn't even get the bag unzipped and she confessed it all. I believe they took the took the towels from him but I don't really know what happened to them.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who had never been to Disney World.
He had been to Epcot, though!

Disneybub

:eek: I was just minding my own business in work, while 'accidently' over hearing 2 people talking about the recent 'buy out' of Disney.... by Pixar. :rolleyes:

I took great pleasure in telling them that they had it the wrong way round. :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
:eek: I was just minding my own business in work, while 'accidently' over hearing 2 people talking about the recent 'buy out' of Disney.... by Pixar. :rolleyes:

I took great pleasure in telling them that they had it the wrong way round. :D
According to some that is actually true....from a certain point of view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom