Odd Things Overheard

RoRo

When I was walking around the WS there was a kid that saw Morocco and said to his dad, "Isn't this France?". I laughed so hard.

Chevross

Original Poster
I've got two more from our recent vacations.

"I thought Chefs de France was in the Mexico Pavilion?"
----------
In the Contemporary an overweight woman apparently lost track of her child or something and just started to run down the hall, here was her quote as she went by.

"Oooohhhhh, S:eek::eek:t." It was very loud and even the woman at the counter in one of the stores heard it.

RoRo

I've got two more from our recent vacations.

"I thought Chefs de France was in the Mexico Pavilion?"
----------
In the Contemporary an overweight woman apparently lost track of her child or something and just started to run down the hall, here was her quote as she went by.

"Oooohhhhh, S:eek::eek:t." It was very loud and even the woman at the counter in one of the stores heard it.

lol :ROFLOL:

Master__Gracey

We were getting in line for our first ride of Everest and I was getting nervous (don't care for drops). I was looking at the reactions of people coming out the exit when I heard a little boy completely red in the face screaming at his parents, " I HATE you!! and I'm NEVER making a deal with you again!" :eek:

Apparently they made a deal with him to be brave and ride and he didn't like it. This made me more nervous but now whenever we go on a wild ride we get off and repeat this quote. (and I love everest)

hrcollectibles

While sitting at the outside bar at the Pop Century I overhead a conversation between the bartender and a patron. the patron insisted that the Animals on Kilimanjaro Safari's were not real...He said they looked as fake as the ones on the Jungle Cruise and that Disney would never use real animals because it could be dangerous.. :ROFLOL:

I was standing inline of Thunder Mountain and a mother told her son " oh Don't worry this ride is just like Its A Small World" .. My friend and I started to laugh and the mother turned looked at us and winked.

I_heart_Tigger

oh! I remembered another one. I was on the boat from MK to WL and two ladies were talking about the resorts and one said,

"I think they make them look like other places in the world so you don't ever have to actually go see them"

I also remember hearing two rather attractive and well-endowed girls calling the Fastpass a FLASHpass...I can only imagine how many men out there wanted them to use it!

hrcollectibles

I just have a question.. What did the woman's weight have to do with the story? :shrug:

I_heart_Tigger

Oh, another odd one that my family still has a chuckle about is when we were leaving Epcot after Illuminations and a couple in front of us was talking.

She: "It's not that I mind doing that it's just that it hurts my neck and I wish you could stand and I could get on top"

My family :lookaroun:lookaroun:eek::eek::zipit:

He: "Well, I got a good picture of the fireworks anyway and next time you can take the camera and I'll lift you up"

and, like the OP's one where you just here snippets of odd conversations...two old ladies talking (probably in their 80's)

"well, at least you're not alone now"
"yes but the honeymoon almost killed me. I may never walk straight again!"

:eek:

rkelly42

Was at the Mk and we walk into the park and there is a family in front of us walking in and the son looks at the castle and saw it looked like a birthday cake. He was probably about 8 and he turned to his dad and said "What the f*** is wrong with the castle, I want to f***ing leave." We were shocked standing there thinking the father was about to smack the kid, but the father turns to his wife and says " This if pretty f***ing stupid I told you we shouldnt have come here."

WDWmazprty

Was at the Mk and we walk into the park and there is a family in front of us walking in and the son looks at the castle and saw it looked like a birthday cake. He was probably about 8 and he turned to his dad and said "What the f*** is wrong with the castle, I want to f***ing leave." We were shocked standing there thinking the father was about to smack the kid, but the father turns to his wife and says " This if pretty f***ing stupid I told you we shouldnt have come here."

Some people just don't have any sense.

EnchantedRose

This wasn't overheard...but text messaged to me. Back in my my sister was in Epcot...I sent her at text asking her how it was going...and she said great...I just took a picture with two squirrels!! :eek::brick: I had to laugh...and then sent her a txt saying...you mean CHIPMUNKS!...and she replied...yeah I guess! lol

sublimesting

That's pretty f***ing funny, actually cause they were right to be upset. In a situation like that you make exceptions.

reptar77

This past May we were standing in line at Peter Pan during EMH. The woman in front of us starts balling and said fine you should just live with your then. This was directed to her husband obviously but her 2 boys were standing right in front of them (ages approx 8-12) They proceeded to fight and talk about divorce and cry the whole 30 min wait. The younger of the 2 boys was hugging mom trying to get her to stop crying. :(

lownalo

Ok, just had to had something about a bus driver late one night coming back from EPCOT.

So, we get on to an almost empty bus and sit all the way in the back, there was about 4 other people not even close to the front of the bus. Well the driver starts off by saying, "That was the dickens I tell ya." Then he starting talking about some random brick house in Chicago that he use to walk by and how they turned it into a movie theater and now it was torn down. We were looking around to see who he was talking to but all the others on the bus were talking to each other.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Last trip in Sept 08 my GF and I were on the ME on the way to our hotel and this moron was sitting behind with his son. His son may have been 5 or 6, not really sure. The WHOLE entire ride all that man would do was point out the most ridiculous things to his son. It got so bad that we started doing it also. He pointed out a whole bunch of useless things for his son to see but to give you an idea this one was a pretty frequent one he used...

"Ohhhh wow, you see all that Spanish Moss on the trees"

I mean seriously? would a 6 year old care about that for?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom