Obnoxious Park Visitor Stories

LeeLee D

I hate it when you're standing in line forever to get something to eat, and the people in front of you don't decide what they want until they get to the front, ...

OMG!! :eek: :eek: You are so right. When they do finally decide, they have to search through every bag to find money (or worse yet, a credit card).

I, on the other hand, being slightly OCD :hammer: decided what I wanted before I got on line and had money in hand when I ordered.

TinkerBelle8878

"Martha, do you want the hallibut or the cod? Hallibut or cod? They're both fish? I don't know if it's fresh or frozen."

This reminded me of an episode of Designing Women (Bernice's Sanity Hearing) when they were discussing McDonalds Filet O Fish. "Its square fish, Phyllis, how fresh do you think it is?"

Just seemed appropo :D

TinkerBelle8878

Maybe it wasn't there fault, I went on splash mountain early one morning and the moisture that was present in the cart left me stinking like BO for the rest of the day. I'm not sure if it was cause someone smelly had just ridden in this cart or if the water on the seat was stale and nasty. Either way it was gross.

But wouldn't the people themselves smell it and want to shower/change/deodorize?

I had a similar experience that my sister and I still talk about and gag. We were on the line for 'Dinosaur' in AK in May 2000 (and it was pretty hot out). There was a large(10 or 15 people) foreign family in front of us that stunk to high heaven. Unfortunately we were downwind.

Being somewhat paranoid, I worried that maybe it was me and thought how embarrassed I'd be if it was. Apparently a common thing based on the original BO post with the family checking themselves. My sister reassured me "Its not you. That's not the BO of one individual. That's massive BO."

As we got inside the smell got worse and we stayed back and let enough people to go ahead of us to form a barrier from the BO. Apparently other people had the same idea that it was them and started checking themselves, some discreetly some not, all worried that it was them.

Let's just say the people that smelled had a whole car to themselves and everything else as the rest of the people on line all suddenly had to tie their shoes and let others ahead.

Do they not smell themselves? Or are they just immune by this point? I would've been willing to spray them down with some Febreeze or soemting had I had it with me.

Lanipie

But wouldn't the people themselves smell it and want to shower/change/deodorize?

I had a similar experience that my sister and I still talk about and gag. We were on the line for 'Dinosaur' in AK in May 2000 (and it was pretty hot out). There was a large(10 or 15 people) foreign family in front of us that stunk to high heaven. Unfortunately we were downwind.

Being somewhat paranoid, I worried that maybe it was me and thought how embarrassed I'd be if it was. Apparently a common thing based on the original BO post with the family checking themselves. My sister reassured me "Its not you. That's not the BO of one individual. That's massive BO."

As we got inside the smell got worse and we stayed back and let enough people to go ahead of us to form a barrier from the BO. Apparently other people had the same idea that it was them and started checking themselves, some discreetly some not, all worried that it was them.

Let's just say the people that smelled had a whole car to themselves and everything else as the rest of the people on line all suddenly had to tie their shoes and let others ahead.

Do they not smell themselves? Or are they just immune by this point? I would've been willing to spray them down with some Febreeze or soemting had I had it with me.

Now this is not me....I am a happy deoderant wearing clean gal, BUT, there are many other cultures who do not have the same hygiene behaviors as Americans. Did you know that we bathe more than any other culture on Earth??? Many cultures don't even believe in using deoderant. They believe that our body odors are natural odors so we have no reason to cover them up. So in essence, yes, many of them do become desensitized to the smell, because they have smelled it all their lives and think nothing of it.

Unfortunately it's nearly vomit inducing for us because we live in a society where body odor is not acceptable. (Thank goodness)

TinkerBelle8878

Yeah, yay deodorant! :D

I wasn't trying to be insensitive to the fact that they were foreign. I only mentioned it to point out what you mentioned. And how we..those behind them in line suffer the consequences. Oh how we suffer. Disney would make a mint selling nose plugs. :D

Lanipie

Yeah, yay deodorant! :D

I wasn't trying to be insensitive to the fact that they were foreign. I only mentioned it to point out what you mentioned. And how we..those behind them in line suffer the consequences. Oh how we suffer. Disney would make a mint selling nose plugs. :D

No worries friend. I didn't think you were incensitive at all. I totally agree with suffering the consequences of other people's smells.

I would pay money for a citrus scented noseplug for such occasions! :)

Irene

I have a good one back in 2004 we were in MK and my Dh had to rent a EVC h e blew his knee out jumping into the pool. As we started to go towards the castle to wacth the fire works on the july 4th, there was a couple the was so bad the almost knocked a kid from her stroller. The wife gave the father of the kid a nasty look like it was his fault, the bad part was the stroller was parked. So my Dh parked the EVC right next to the stroller so it would not happen again.
Again on the same nite i went to get drinks and people were so rude that they would not move out of your way and there was an older couple that could not get out no matter how often they said excuse me so i used MT good maners and got them through by putting my hand on peoples backs and saying very loud excuse me:lol:

One very obnoxious thing is when people cut in front of you after you have been waiting, sometimes over a half hour or hour, for a good spot to see one of the parades and shows. This just happened at Cinderellabration this past July. Tough call how to handle this type of situation. It's a no win situation. You are on vacation, don't want the stress of saying anything to annoy someone but they just ruined your viewing of the show. Even the most polite request can start a hassle and usually it's too crowded to move to another spot. :hammer:
One particular situation was this past April at one of the resort pools. A father was being completely obnoxious and verbally abusive to his expectant wife and children. He was so out of control and impatient and making everyone uncomfortable in that area of the pool. He really needed to chill out. Fortunately the poor people who were sitting next to them started up a conversation and he calmed down and then they left. His wife should have thrown him in the pool!!:fork:

All in all, however, 99% of the time people we've met in our many many trips to Disney have been very pleasant, courteous and friendly. Cast members as well as other guest. We just love it!! Guess that's why it's the happiest place on earth!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Disneybird

One of my biggest peeves is children breaking line. Two years ago while in line for RRC, 3 children (probably 10-12 years old), kept working their way in front of people. The line outside, in the studio room and the final line before boarding. Finally when they started shoving and squeezing in front of us, I spoke up and told them they needed to wait their turn and stop being rude.

On another occasion, we watched a couple with 3 children have a screaming, cussing, smacking argument in front of POTC once.

Several years back, we were on the Monorail, in a car that had a short wall between the 2 seats. Our seat was full and an older couple was sitting opposite us. My daughter, niece and nephew (ages 3 & 4), sat in the floor against the wall. At one point when the Monorail stopped at the GF, my nephew rolled over on his side. The man started yelling that we needed to teach those kids some manners. Apparently he never had 3 and 4 year old kids, because they were being very well behaved.

As far as parades, on the opposite end, I was on Main Street with my DD who was about 8 at the time. She was having a hard time seeing over 2 guys in front of us. They noticed and asked us if we wanted to get in front of them so we could see better. Thanks guys!

Disneybird

I always thought this was funny. In some of the 1st editions of "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World", the author told how to take care of guests that stopped in the middle of the row. He said to step on their feet as you walked past them. He also mentioned flash photography. He said to quickly put your hand in front of the camera just as the person pushes the button.

LoriMistress

I'm going to catorize a group of two people and I don't care if I get flamed for it: Babyboomber and babyboomer with kids. Those are the worst because the majority of the time these people believe they are the five-year-old child and the whole world is their mother. The babyboomers believe WDW should tolerate their poor behavior because they believe that buying a ticket and staying at the parks gives them permission to act rude towards everyone, and these morons are the same people who raise their kids thinking that if you throw a fit long enough, you'll get everything handed to them.

cmatt

I'm going to catorize a group of two people and I don't care if I get flamed for it: Babyboomber and babyboomer with kids. Those are the worst because the majority of the time these people believe they are the five-year-old child and the whole world is their mother. The babyboomers believe WDW should tolerate their poor behavior because they believe that buying a ticket and staying at the parks gives them permission to act rude towards everyone, and these morons are the same people who raise their kids thinking that if you throw a fit long enough, you'll get everything handed to them.

couldnt agree more - but i call those people rude words in stead - the word i like to coin is moron - but it aint that - its ruder :zipit:

I hate people that shout at members of staff when they are not at fault - i can understand if the cm is a complete and utter tool...go right ahead you are doing us a favour - but i just hate moany people that feel they're ideals are shattered i guess just because they havent got their own way!

csaguy

I Hate ...

I hate the people that slowwwwwly walk 5 abreast and won't give you a chance to pass. Or, the same group that stops in the middle of a path, disrupting everybodies route. How about parents with the double wide strollers that use them as a battering ram to get through. My DW was run over by a guy in an electric chair and didn't even notice.

psuchad

Not at Disney but at Ocean City, NJ this weekend. An employee at the bumper cars was just ending his shift when he hopped in a car and drove around for a little bit. In the words of one child's mother "he had a evil look in his eyes and he hit my kid's car. He has to be on something because he just doesn't look right."

They are bumper cars lady. Not drive around and avoid everyone cars.

rbrower

I hate the people that slowwwwwly walk 5 abreast and won't give you a chance to pass. Or, the same group that stops in the middle of a path, disrupting everybodies route. How about parents with the double wide strollers that use them as a battering ram to get through. My DW was run over by a guy in an electric chair and didn't even notice.
Oh, I hate that too!

cmatt

i hate - over reactive parents.... even know i was off the theme park site and having a quiet drink with the delectable mrs cmatt in one of the bars in the village. As i stepped out (agreed i was in a slipknot band tshirt) i just got gawped at then the narky comments started at me and her kids.

Now the tshirt isnt offensive to be fair it just has the band and then tour dates on the back....

Gucci65

You know what you can do without physically assaulting people? LOL.

It happens at Philharmagic quite often, because people think a couple of seats won't matter. Well, in my loudest, most professional voice, I cup my hands around my mouth and say,

"PLEASE MOVE ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE ROW."

The people that are doing it know they are doing wrong, and usually jump out of their seats so quickly it looks like an electric shock hit them. By the time they realize I'm not a CM they are so embarassed by all the people around me smiling (and sometimes even clapping) that they slink down to the end. :)

Obnoxious? Only to the "I'm better than anyone so I don't have to listen to Goofy telling me to move down" crowd...everyone else finds it a riot (and I always get a few slaps on the back).

AEfx

I'll definately give that a try on my next trip, better than maiming someone for the rest of the day.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom