Obnoxious Park Visitor Stories

daliseurat

Here's one that ruined my night. During Christmas at Disney MGM I was taking lots of pictures of the Osborne Lights. I was patiently trying to get a good shot of my cousin next to a neat Mickey Santa display without any crowd in it. I didn't ask anyone to move, I just waited for openings. Suddenly, some guy comes over and asks if we minded if he got in there a took a QUICK shot. Of course I said sure, he didn't need my permission. So he's taking his time and clearly not taking a quick shot. He was trying to get a clear shot like I was. So, I figured I'd help him. At one point he had a clear shot, but a big group of folks were coming. I indicated that if he hurries, he'll get a great shot before the crowd comes by and ruins it. I guess he heard me wrong. He turned around and started screaming expletives at me, telling me that he has just as much right to take as much time as he wants and for me to %$@$)*!$&!&!$*! myself. I try to take the high road and explain to him that I was merely trying to help, and that he misunderstood me. I get even more expletives and gestures and some sort of lecture on rudeness and how I've ruined HIS night. More expletives, calling me a liar as he runs off. At this point, I have now lost my cool and start to give chase with the full intention of straightening this creep out. My cousin grabs me, points out that the guys a jerk, and will stay a jerk. He assures me that I was right, I was trying to help and he is wrong. I'm still steaming, but my cousin just laughs at me. He says, " Dude, if I let you follow that guy you're gonna get us thrown out of the park. And I'm not gonna let you do that to me." So I had to let it go. But it wrecked the rest of my evening.

wesTcoastY

What in the world does someone's sexual orientation have to do with ANYTHING?????

Anyhoooo, i think rudest experience for me was when we had to get off Splash Mountain because a man had had a heartattack, and a lady was rudely complaining about how he ruined her experience!!!

I can't believe some people sometimes!

This is a bit off topic, but I am a flight attendant and it seems that every time we have a medical situation...the kind where have paged for medical assistance onboard (so everyone knows something is up)...someone will undoubtedly ring their call bell and want something to drink. Happens every time. People are CLUELESS!!!!

wesTcoastY

5. BUT THE BEST! We were walking into the Tree of Life when thesse two kids ran ahead of us and cut the line and then in Portuguese they tell their parents to cut us too. Un benowst to them - my wife speaks Portuguese! She understand everything they were saying and she looked at them and said "OH! I don't think so!" They were shocked! They moved over and let us through! It was the best day ever!

Mark

Frickin' LOVE IT!!!!!

Dagger

My whole point in this story is parents spare the rod too much and if I ever acted like some of the kids these days I would have gotten my tushy whiped like there was no tomorrow and sent to my room or too sit in the car. I think the whole problem thought is society as a whole is too worried about someone reporting someone else for what someone deems child abuse, so parents dont want to spank their kids in public anymore and thats just wrong if you ask me.

I personally think there is something wrong with getting your tushy whiped, or even whipped, like there is no tomorrow.

Karolena

EDIT: Just read this:

I totally agree. It's really hard sometimes, to constantly be judged in the "obnoxious" category simply because of age.

Too often I also find myself the surrogate dad of any given group of my friends at a public place. "Guys, there's kids here. Watch the language." "Stop talking, people are trying to watch the movie." "Not exactly appropriate." "If you don't pipe down, I won't drive you home."

(Well, now that I've got the license I can do that, but you get the picture. :lol: )

Oh, yeah, I'm always playing mom for my friends.

EPCOT.nut

Most obnoxious - last year at AK on the Safari.

A guy and girl who knew the ride by heart. They were very loud and when they got bored with trying to drown out the guide, they just sang and talked loudly. It was my first time on the Safari and I wanted to hurt the girl with a throat grab. They were sitting RIGHT behind me. :mad: It totally sucked.

Dagger

The most obnoxious thing at WDW is parents with babies who they can't stop from crying! Why are these people even in the park...it's a baby for crying out loud. They aren't going to remember anything about the trip, and their constant crying annoys the heck out of anyone within 200 feet of them. Do us a favor, stay away from WDW until your kid can walk! Thanks! :)

So the parents aren't allowed to go to Disney simply because they have a baby? Ha.

sbkline

I can't think of too many stories of obnoxious people at WDW, although if I sat down and thought for a while, I may be able to think of some others. But the one that I can think of happend on Thunder Mountain Railroad. I believe it was or 2004 trip and the wife and I were sitting right behind a couple of teenagers. Through the whole ride, each one of these dillwads was sitting there with both their middle fingers up in the air.

My wife and I never did decide if we thought that this was a sign that they thought the ride sucked (as in they were giving the one finger salute to show their lack of enjoyment), or if they thought the ride was awesome and this was the way the younger generation where they are from shows that they think it is cool. I'm familiar with the "thumbs up" and the fingers which make the "killer" symbol, but I was never aware of showing your middle finger to show that something is "killer" as they used to say back in my day.

So I'm still not sure what to think of those hand gestures, but either way it was obvious that those morons thought they were cool.

But my wife and I disagreed with their assessment of themselves. :rolleyes:

Tenny317

I hate line cutters in any fashion it really annoys me. I hate when one. people "meet up with the rest of their group". It's like come on now wait like everyone else and two: when you are kinda of in like a clump line like in space mountatin where people think they can just try to sneak in front of you and its the best when you say something and all of a sudden they don't understand the words coming out of your mouth when just seconds before you heard them speaking english or were talking aand listening to their conversation so they can obviously hear. Line cutters are my biggest pet peeve!

Gartdog

My wife is from Korea and my cousin's wife is from Japan. We were on the monorail talking about her family in Japan, and a middle-aged man sitting near-by, without and provoking, just said loudly for all there to hear, "Remember Pearl Harbor." Luckily, my cousin's wife didn't hear it at the time and we got off without confrontation. What a jerk.

Tenny317

And i have to say, if somebody is doing something obnoxious for example on a ride say something to their face, usually people get embarassed into stopping.

Jimmy Thick

Personally, I find the people who do not move all the way to the end of the row in seated attractions on busy days to be the most annoying. If I'm walking down a row, all 6'7 270 pounds of me with my size 16 shoes and I just "happen" to step on your little feet and force all my weight on it, and on some occasions if I find the person unattractive, I, in a blonde moment, forget to move and rest on your feet for as long as I want due to the fact most people will not say anything to me, I feel you deserve it.

On days when the attractions are not so busy, who cares, but if its a packed house, be respectful to the other guests, don't make me get involved. :fork:

EPCOT.nut

My wife is from Korea and my cousin's wife is from Japan. We were on the monorail talking about her family in Japan, and a middle-aged man sitting near-by, without and provoking, just said loudly for all there to hear, "Remember Pearl Harbor." Luckily, my cousin's wife didn't hear it at the time and we got off without confrontation. What a jerk.

:eek: OMG! :zipit: I can't even comment on that. That is just terrible.
I am very proud of you for not fighting over that. I don't know if I could have had such grace. I want to confront him myself right now! :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom