Obnoxious Park Visitor Stories

Lanipie

Those darn guests just ruin it for you, huh? Good thing you've chosen to work in a front line customer service position at a mega multi-guest environment like WDW. :brick:

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! get a freaking grip and walk...no RUN and get OUT of the customer service industry!!!!!

tink81

I think he meant those specific guests ruin his impression of how people should act at WDW (and everywhere else, for that matter). Working in cusomter service can be extremely frustrating at times but that doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy working at Disney World the other 7 hours and fifteen minutes of his/her shift. Keep your chin up, V, it can't be that bad!

Gucci65

Yes, yes that felt really good to get it off my chest actually. I need to write a book of behavior for some of the guest and their children. =/ Parenting has gone way way wrong. You don't want to know what they did to me when I talked back to my parents!! back in the day.

Now it's a nice slap to the rear or "time out." Children are stepping all over their parents.

At illuminations once, this little girl just would'nt stop crying so the mother bribed her and the little girl stopped. GO FIQURE!! :king:

I actually see that all the time. My own sister spoils her child rotten with almost no reprimands. We were in St. Augustine and she threw a temper tantrum that was so bad a shopowner came out to see if she was okay. Her legs were stiff, her tongue was sticking out, her face was bright red and she was screaming to wake the dead. All over a toy her Mother told her she could not have.

I made my sister mad cause I told her if my child had acted like that I would have dunked her in the fountain she was sitting next to in order to shock her out of her tantrum.

And then, and then...............my sister asked me to go get my 2 yr niece and ice cream cause she promised her one. I was dumbfounded. Kid pitches a fit over a toy you won't buy, but hey get her an ice cream cause you promised. Did I miss something??

Dwarful

When I mentioned the foreign visitors, I meant that WDW attracts a great deal of visitors who have English as a second language and it can be very limited...hence they do not all understand everything that a person says...also things in the USA can seem obvious to us because its what we are raised with....we have dear friends who come and visit us that live in Jersey...on their first trip here I asked them if they wanted biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast...I thought they would hurl right on the spot...biscuits for them are of course quite different than our biscuits...again..we all spoke English..just differently...and those little things can make a difference...would I get upset because someone didn't know how to work a game and walked away w/o figuring it out? Nope...we walk away from stuff if does not keep our attention and what may appeal to me may not appeal to my husband or anyone else in our group...don't take it personal..people spend a lot of money to be at WDW and if they decide to walk away..that is of course their choice...not a darn thing anyone can do about that...even those annoying idiots who get up and leave during the middle of a performance while climbing over 20 people to do so...

PotteryGal

I actually see that all the time. My own sister spoils her child rotten with almost no reprimands. We were in St. Augustine and she threw a temper tantrum that was so bad a shopowner came out to see if she was okay. Her legs were stiff, her tongue was sticking out, her face was bright red and she was screaming to wake the dead. All over a toy her Mother told her she could not have.

I made my sister mad cause I told her if my child had acted like that I would have dunked her in the fountain she was sitting next to in order to shock her out of her tantrum.

And then, and then...............my sister asked me to go get my 2 yr niece and ice cream cause she promised her one. I was dumbfounded. Kid pitches a fit over a toy you won't buy, but hey get her an ice cream cause you promised. Did I miss something??

I totally get that, especially if it is in response to bad behavior, the parent must step up the plate and remind the child who's boss. I think a lot of parents today are afraid to discipline, so they either ignore the child or let it boil up inside and completely explode. Either extreme isn't smart - and believe me I have screwed up both ways:(, so I'm not in a position to be critical.
I must add, however, you have to look at what the whole situation involves. In the case of my son, his autism can lead to 'meltdowns', which look an awful lot like a temper tantrum. He's not pitching a fit, per se, he's is just completely overwhelmed by his environment and can't verbally express himself. Sometimes strangers are too quick to judge. I know our trip to WDW will involve a lot of breaks on the train at MK, or returning to our hotel for down time.
This isn't meant to criticise any one's opinions; just be mindful we aren't always aware of the total circumstances around some kids' behavior. A lot of parents aren't doing their job, because they're afraid children's services will be called by strangers who completely overreact. Ask any teacher in this country - they deal with the fallout all the time!!

snakeislandboy

We were at the Christmas parade last year and there was this lady in a hot pink shirt that was practically standing in the street (in front of kids and in front of everyone) I kind of noticed it during the parade, but when I got home and checked out my video tape of the parade she took up the whole shot the whole time. Then you see the kids manuvering around her to try and catch a single glimpse of Santa. I was like, "yep she was as annoying as I remember."

I think it's funny and kind of odd when people go on water rides like Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids and put on a poncho before they get into the ride. If you don't want to get wet, then DON'T RIDE!!!

"Well Brer Rabbit I might just have to roast ya."

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! get a freaking grip and walk...no RUN and get OUT of the customer service industry!!!!!

Get a grip?? *hands her her disney work clothes* I don't think you'd be saying that if you were in my shoes. We have rules for a reason you know and if you're one of those guest that gripes and complains about them, then maybe you shouldn't go to the parks.

How would you feel if you had to deal with children climbing over things they're not supposed to knowing that they can fall and hurt themselves? It's stressful for us cast members and then we just see the parents just sit there and don't even tell their kid anything!!!

I'm sorry, disney has rules for guest to follow. Coming to disney world is a privilege for guest. You can't just go running around the parks like a chicken without a head. That's not the way things work.

We were taught better then that....

How scary that you tell me to "get a grip" I won't be doing my job "half arsed" just to please people...I care about safety when it comes to working and if guest aren't listening or following the rules, they're gonna get hurt and noone is to blame but their ignorance towards our rules.

Obviously SAFE D doesn't begin with guest. =/

I'VE HAD PARENTS BRIBE ME WITH MONEY TO LET THEIR CHILD GET ON THE RIDE? CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? *shakes head*

And like I mentioned above, I love disney. Back home I cashier and train at HEB...(main grocery store for texas) We also have jerks over there....Stupid guest are everywhere!! Not just disney and I'm used to it and we as cast members have a right to rant.

I need to start giving them darwin awards seriously. =/

I think he meant those specific guests ruin his impression of how people should act at WDW (and everywhere else, for that matter). Working in cusomter service can be extremely frustrating at times but that doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy working at Disney World the other 7 hours and fifteen minutes of his/her shift. Keep your chin up, V, it can't be that bad!

Thank you tink exactly!!! Well said! And I'm a girl <3 XD! And it is that bad. Today at illuminations I had someone spit in my face just because I told him to step behind the ropes.....That just goes way beyond "dealing with customer service."

That's just plain rude and uncalled for.

Thank you tink exactly!!! Well said! And I'm a girl <3 XD! And it is that bad. Today at illuminations I had someone spit in my face just because I told him to step behind the ropes.....That just goes way beyond "dealing with customer service."

That's just plain rude and uncalled for.

=O That is totally unbelievable, and tops my list of rude things guests do. I really do appreciate cast members like you who keep WDW safe and free from anarchy. I'm glad u love ur job!

Well when I was getting on a tram several years back, I was bringing up the rear of my family and some guy and his wife just cut infront of me and I end up waiting myself for the next tram! Gah how frustrating...well atleast I had my cellphone!

c27beanie

just a few weeks ago my mother and myself were in line for splash moutain. after waiting at least 40 min. these two obnoxious, no good teens jumped the line and pretended to blend in. my mom gave them a well desevered talking too, when they decided to talk back and claim they had been there all afternoon.
well i guess this quailfies as "bad" guest behaviour than "obnoxious". but wow that did feel good to get off my chest.

I could go into a number of story's about guest and customer service but I think my boss is the worst at customer service and he would be one of those parents that doesnt control his kids anywhere and loves to complain that the parks the one thats stupid and horrible.

Im the only employee for my company and my boss brought his kids to work with him the other day. Ones 7(girl) and ones 10(boy) and I swear I was only around them for 4 hours and I was ready to kill them myself. His daughter was whining all 4 hours about this that and the other thing and the son was bothering his sister and complaining about having to do a writing assignment for school that he thought was too long and he talked and whined my boss into letting him do half of the work.

Two days later my boss tells me, oh we went to Disney a few weeks ago and had a horrible time and starts telling me all these things that are wrong with the park. I bit my tongue but was ready to draw blood, most of the problems where his two brats and his lack of control over them.

My whole point in this story is parents spare the rod too much and if I ever acted like some of the kids these days I would have gotten my tushy whiped like there was no tomorrow and sent to my room or too sit in the car. I think the whole problem thought is society as a whole is too worried about someone reporting someone else for what someone deems child abuse, so parents dont want to spank their kids in public anymore and thats just wrong if you ask me.

Oh I might also point out that my boss has repeatedly yelled at customers and told them that they are lying or didnt tell him something that they did and he just didnt listen to them right and has yelled at me twice for the same things and he is very certain that nothing is every his fault and he is god.

Gucci65

This isn't meant to criticise any one's opinions; just be mindful we aren't always aware of the total circumstances around some kids' behavior. A lot of parents aren't doing their job, because they're afraid children's services will be called by strangers who completely overreact. Ask any teacher in this country - they deal with the fallout all the time!!

My niece is spoiled rotten by her parents, I know firsthand because I am around them twice a week if not more. Now when I keep my niece os Sat when her Mom is working - she is good as gold after we get the first fit out of the way. And it is always something she wants that I will not let her have. I don't tolerate it and I'm pretty sure she's tests me to make sure she cant' rule me like she does her Mother :lol:

No medical issues here, just plain undisiplined.

Lanipie

Get a grip?? *hands her her disney work clothes* I don't think you'd be saying that if you were in my shoes. We have rules for a reason you know and if you're one of those guest that gripes and complains about them, then maybe you shouldn't go to the parks.

How would you feel if you had to deal with children climbing over things they're not supposed to knowing that they can fall and hurt themselves? It's stressful for us cast members and then we just see the parents just sit there and don't even tell their kid anything!!!

I'm sorry, disney has rules for guest to follow. Coming to disney world is a privilege for guest. You can't just go running around the parks like a chicken without a head. That's not the way things work.

We were taught better then that....

How scary that you tell me to "get a grip" I won't be doing my job "half arsed" just to please people...I care about safety when it comes to working and if guest aren't listening or following the rules, they're gonna get hurt and noone is to blame but their ignorance towards our rules.

Obviously SAFE D doesn't begin with guest. =/

I'VE HAD PARENTS BRIBE ME WITH MONEY TO LET THEIR CHILD GET ON THE RIDE? CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? *shakes head*

And like I mentioned above, I love disney. Back home I cashier and train at HEB...(main grocery store for texas) We also have jerks over there....Stupid guest are everywhere!! Not just disney and I'm used to it and we as cast members have a right to rant.

I need to start giving them darwin awards seriously. =/

Whoa whoa whoa partner. You know absolutely nothing about me. At least when I posted in response to you, i had a long winded ranting post to go by.

First off I have never once complained about a Disney rule, so on your first account you are WRONG.

Second. I DO have to deal with kids climbing over railings etc etc. I have worked in the amusement industry and I have also worked in customer service. So again, you are WRONG.

I stand completely by my telling you to get a grip. I'm not complaining about you doing your job. Good on you for doing your job. I'm not telling you not to enforce the rules. that's what you're supposed to be doing.

But get a freaking grip on your anger dude. If you don't like working in the amusement and hospitality industry, then don't. People can be dumb, it's just the nature of things, but if you let it build up to where you're about to explode, then it's not the right arena for you.

Your reply to me just proves how wound up and explosive you are. Reply if you want, but i am done arguing with someone so hostile.

PotteryGal

My niece is spoiled rotten by her parents, I know firsthand because I am around them twice a week if not more. Now when I keep my niece os Sat when her Mom is working - she is good as gold after we get the first fit out of the way. And it is always something she wants that I will not let her have. I don't tolerate it and I'm pretty sure she's tests me to make sure she cant' rule me like she does her Mother :lol:

No medical issues here, just plain undisiplined.

Believe me, I didn't mean every kid out there that throws a fit has a medical condition - that just my own particular situation. My kids are back at school, and you see a lot of parents that just don't care. We moved from a neighborhood where every child down there was a perfect angel, except my kid. If they acted up, it was because my child provoked them, 'BTW let me tell you every rotten thing your kid has done to mine', etc., etc....Anything they could do to NOT make their child accountable for their own behavior. We couldn't get out of there fast enough!! My child isn't perfect, no kid is, but when parents can't bother the teach them the importance of learning their actions have consequences, the rest of society pays. Accountability has all but disappeared from this country.
Sorry about the little sermon :rolleyes:; sometimes you just have to wonder, who's really in charge???

Whoa whoa whoa partner. You know absolutely nothing about me. At least when I posted in response to you, i had a long winded ranting post to go by.

First off I have never once complained about a Disney rule, so on your first account you are WRONG.

Second. I DO have to deal with kids climbing over railings etc etc. I have worked in the amusement industry and I have also worked in customer service. So again, you are WRONG.

I stand completely by my telling you to get a grip. I'm not complaining about you doing your job. Good on you for doing your job. I'm not telling you not to enforce the rules. that's what you're supposed to be doing.

But get a freaking grip on your anger dude. If you don't like working in the amusement and hospitality industry, then don't. People can be dumb, it's just the nature of things, but if you let it build up to where you're about to explode, then it's not the right arena for you.

Your reply to me just proves how wound up and explosive you are. Reply if you want, but i am done arguing with someone so hostile.

BRING IT!!! !! omg...when you said dude, I'm sorry, I couldn't stop laughing my a off. *breathes* you're absolutly right. I have this anger that skyrockets when I'm talking about guest. It brings out thw worse in me and I start fighting and arquing and omg.....so I want to applogize and I'm glad you understand about guest and stuff. I was so mad, I didn't even know you were talking about calming down and stuff like that is going to be in the parks no matter what part. But I still have the right to rant. XD! CHHHAAAAA!

Gucci65

Believe me, I didn't mean every kid out there that throws a fit has a medical condition - that just my own particular situation. My kids are back at school, and you see a lot of parents that just don't care. We moved from a neighborhood where every child down there was a perfect angel, except my kid. If they acted up, it was because my child provoked them, 'BTW let me tell you every rotten thing your kid has done to mine', etc., etc....Anything they could do to NOT make their child accountable for their own behavior. We couldn't get out of there fast enough!! My child isn't perfect, no kid is, but when parents can't bother the teach them the importance of learning their actions have consequences, the rest of society pays. Accountability has all but disappeared from this country.
Sorry about the little sermon :rolleyes:; sometimes you just have to wonder, who's really in charge???

I'm glad you got out of that crappy neighborhood.

DisneyDragon

This is proving to be a high-tension topic!

Anybody that's worked in any sort of service field has to sympathize with bad/rude/dumb customer stories, and we all have them.

The problem is that people really go overboard when at WDW because they've 'heard' that Disney will do anything to keep guests happy. They've spent a lot of money to be there, want to experience EVERYTHING, and won't let a little rule stop them.

I tell off a few guests per trip...mostly because I know that the CMs are really tied down by internal regulations. I have no problems stepping into somebody verbally, and the worse they are, the nastier I become. I have come to the aid of more than a few CMs that are facing some real jerks - like the yellers or name-callers...even if the CM goofed because that's just not cool. I have no problems with a 'duel of wits' because these are typically unarmed opponents.

I did have one guy actually take a swing at me as a result. Lucky for him, he learned that I had (at the time) over 10 years martial arts experience. All it earned him was a quick ride (sorry, attraction) to the ground and an escort out of the park by security (felt bad for his kids, though).

If I saw another guest flick a cigarette or spit at a CM, especially a female, I would lose it. The smokes are dangerous, and spitting at someone, imho, is one of the most disrespectful actions on the planet.

I feel for the CMs out there who have to deal with the jerks, especially with angry drunks who have played Beers of the World in Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom