Obnoxious Park Visitor Stories

sensfan85

My wife was having a cigarette in one of the designated smoking areas at Epcot (Germany I think) and an elderly fellow walked by and venemously stated in a loud voice "NO SMOKING IN THE PARK". She was smoking right beside the trash can that was clearly marked as the designated smoking area. She shot back at him saying "You mean I can't smoke in the designated smoking areas?" He didn't say anything but the look of shock that his 6 year old granddaughter gave us was priceless ("Grandad, she talked back to you!"). :lol:

AEfx

In Philharmagic, same thing happened - 1000 people trying to sit down when of course these !@#$%^&* people stop and sit down in the middle of the aisle. I was annoyed and I stepped on all their feet, except the elderly people. I really felt bad for a minute. I really should not have done it.

You know what you can do without physically assaulting people? LOL.

It happens at Philharmagic quite often, because people think a couple of seats won't matter. Well, in my loudest, most professional voice, I cup my hands around my mouth and say,

"PLEASE MOVE ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE ROW."

The people that are doing it know they are doing wrong, and usually jump out of their seats so quickly it looks like an electric shock hit them. By the time they realize I'm not a CM they are so embarassed by all the people around me smiling (and sometimes even clapping) that they slink down to the end. :)

Obnoxious? Only to the "I'm better than anyone so I don't have to listen to Goofy telling me to move down" crowd...everyone else finds it a riot (and I always get a few slaps on the back).

AEfx

GoofyMom2

August 2004.....MGM
Waiting in a line to see Pooh and Piglet (first time my kids got to see them as this was their first trip). Line closed a few groups behind us, very hot Aug sun beating down. As we were getting pretty close to the front, a woman jumped in front of us and then started waving, and a huge group joined her. My mother and I nicely told her that the end of the line was behind us, showing her the way. She started screaming that she had been there the whole time and what the heck were we talking about! My mother waved over a CM, and the guest said "I promise, I was here the whole time". The CM apologized to us and said there was nothing she could do. The people behind us were really grumbling about it but refused to speak up......sigh.....

At least my kids got to see the characters so it didn't ruin the day, just showed them there are some very rude people out there.......

OmegaKnight

Double wide strollers are the worst, especially trying to fit them onto the monorails when you have 2 or 3 wheelchairs as well. Some guests don't understand the concept that wheelchairs get priority in the wheelchair sections of the monorails. I had one guest specifically tell me I was being rude because I asked him nicely to move his stroller to make room for a wheelchair.

tink81

My wife was having a cigarette in one of the designated smoking areas at Epcot (Germany I think) and an elderly fellow walked by and venemously stated in a loud voice "NO SMOKING IN THE PARK". She was smoking right beside the trash can that was clearly marked as the designated smoking area. She shot back at him saying "You mean I can't smoke in the designated smoking areas?" He didn't say anything but the look of shock that his 6 year old granddaughter gave us was priceless ("Grandad, she talked back to you!"). :lol:

I too, enjoy the occasional smoke and we always find a smoking area, no exceptions, EVER. My Bf and I were sitting in a designated smoking area and chatting with the other smokers and this wicked witch look-alike comes over and starts fake coughing and talking all loud to her husband about how smoking isn't allowed in the parks and "they" should all be kicked out on their duffs. So, this guy we are talking to (picture Rip Torn in Dodgeball) rips into her and tells her she has waddled into a desgnated smoking area and that the designated B*&^@ing area is located outside the park. She shreiks something back to him and they go back and forth, it was really quite a tense moment. But now that I look back, it was quite entertaining:rolleyes:

MainSt1993

Anyhoooo, i think rudest experience for me was when we had to get off Splash Mountain because a man had had a heartattack, and a lady was rudely complaining about how he ruined her experience!!!

I can't believe some people sometimes!

A friend of mine in Guest Relations had a complaint from a family who had to wait a little extra longer to get Roger Rabbit to sign their bratty kids' autograph books because he briefly played with a kid in a wheelchair. Seriously, how would you respond to that? :brick:

Lanipie

Double wide strollers are the worst, especially trying to fit them onto the monorails when you have 2 or 3 wheelchairs as well. Some guests don't understand the concept that wheelchairs get priority in the wheelchair sections of the monorails. I had one guest specifically tell me I was being rude because I asked him nicely to move his stroller to make room for a wheelchair.

Ugggghhhh how RUDE!

Lanipie

A friend of mine in Guest Relations had a complaint from a family who had to wait a little extra longer to get Roger Rabbit to sign their bratty kids' autograph books because he briefly played with a kid in a wheelchair. Seriously, how would you respond to that? :brick:

That's terrible! Some people are so insanely self-centered.

tink81

Some people just suck at life.

rbrower

I wasn't involved in any of these stories but i heard them as i walked bye.
One time, this past trip, when we were down in Toontown, there was a man smoking in an area that wasn't designated. I dont complain about people when they are smoking in the designated areas, i just try to avoid those areas (the smoke messes with my allergies really bad). Anyways, one of the cast members walked up to him and told him to put it out because it wasn't a designated smoking area. He then started to argue with her and he said "Why did you have to say something. Nobody else said anything about it!" I think that was very rude.

rbrower

Oh, here is another one. You know how at Animal Kingdom, they have a Stitch meet and greet beside the Vacation Club area? Well, there was this mom who was forcing her kid to go in the line (one strike against her in the first place. She shouldn't be making her kid go). She was smoking and a cm walked up to her and told her to put it out because she wasn't in a smoking area. She said "Ok" Then she turned around and starting forcing her kid into the line again. I dont think that she even pretended to get rid of the cigarette. Did she think that the cm was blind? I think that was very rude. Some people today!

GoofyMom2

I wasn't involved in any of these stories but i heard them as i walked bye.
One time, this past trip, when we were down in Toontown, there was a man smoking in an area that wasn't designated. I dont complain about people when they are smoking in the designated areas, i just try to avoid those areas (the smoke messes with my allergies really bad). Anyways, one of the cast members walked up to him and told him to put it out because it wasn't a designated smoking area. He then started to argue with her and he said "Why did you have to say something. Nobody else said anything about it!" I think that was very rude.

Um, because that is her job????? :hammer:

Sheesh, some people.....

in DLRP some boys ran past my family while we were in line and then after they had ridden the ride, climbed into a boat infront of them that was loading, even though there were people waiting to load!!!!! As my family exited the ride, I said in a voice loud enough for them to hear, that I hoped they enjoyed their ride.:fork: then adding mentally -->*because dead men tell no tales!!! :D*

tracyandalex

one thing that really annoyed us was when we were at alfredo di roma eating our dinner and the people next to us were all up in our food asking how everything tasted and what we though of disney, etc (i know the tables are close, but can we have our space?). then they were talking about how they had taken a trip to italy. the funny thing was they knew nothing about italian food and they kept asking us and our waitress questions!!

tracy & alex

DisneySam

I have posted this somewhere else, before I think...but when I was at WDW in January, I saw the Country Bears show (which I like) I sat with a family that had 2 young kids maybe 6 and 7 who really enjoyed it. A man sitting about 2 rows back from me [when the show was over] made a huge ordeal about "That was so stupid....It was so fake....what a waste of time..." [on and on.] I felt so bad for those 2 next to me who enjoyed it so much. If you don't enjoy something that's understandable, but don't announce it to the whole park just talk about it in your party. I was so annoyed. :fork:

daverube

I guess I have to preface this with a little personal info.....the finacee and I rarely attend movies because we can't stand to be around a bunch of obnoxious, loud and irritating folks that don't care if they're annoying other around them....I guess I should say that we don't go to the movies because she sick of me getting up and berating folks for talking or being annoying...like using cell phones....I digress.....

When at the happiest place on earth, we expect Disney rides to be somewhat noisy (especially with kids oooing and aaahing and whatnot). However, a couple years ago, before we went on our trip, I promised that I would be good and not berate anyone...not that I usually do, but this was right before we limited our in-theatre experiences. Anyway, I figured that no one really annoys me on the rides, so I would be cool.

Of course, Murphy's Law strikes again. This was right after Pirates/Black Pearl came out. We were on PotC and some high school kid started yelling "Where's Kate Beckinsale??" over and over in a terrible, fake english accent. As PotC is my favorite ride, it was hard for me to restrain myself....however, I stayed cool. The funniest thing then happened...some younger girl in the front of the boat said..."I don't think that's her name." All the "fake english guy's" friends laughed at him and he didn't talk the rest of the time.

I should've bought her a Dole Whip Float.

dave

wilburyan

This is a little different from the screaming girls and rude parade crowds...

I was on Universe of Energy and when the vehicle began moving I realized I was downwind from someone with VERY VERY bad B.O.

It was so bad in fact, I had to restrict my breathing a little bit so I could enjoy the ride while not choking from the B.O.

When the ride ended, I began to exit and WHOAH! I got a total mouthful of that HORRIBLE B.O! Whoever it was hadn't bathed in at least one week NOR used deodorant in all their days in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:state w:st="on"><ST1>Florida</ST1></st1:state> parks. My boyfriend told me to wait a second. He then turned to me and said, "It’s this family next to us...they smell ABOSULUTELY horrible." So we let them get some distance between us. We followed them out with about 6 or 7 other guest in between us and the family. The whole time I was holding my breath. That was a long breath to hold for exiting Universe or Energy.

When we got outside to the fresh air I had to step aside for a second because the B.O. in the air was SO bad I began to gag in my mouth a little. SO GROSS!! This family had left a trailing B.O. smell the whole way out.

To park visitors: PLEASE PLEASE bathe and wear deodorant! With the ride lines and ride vehicles in small spaces, your B.O. can offend everyone around you within a 15 foot radius!! :cry:

Maybe it wasn't there fault, I went on splash mountain early one morning and the moisture that was present in the cart left me stinking like BO for the rest of the day. I'm not sure if it was cause someone smelly had just ridden in this cart or if the water on the seat was stale and nasty. Either way it was gross.

PineapplePrincess

rude

Back in April, we were on the safari at AK, and a cell phone rings behind us. It happens to all of us I know but I always silence and call back later. Well, this woman answers her phone and proceeds to talk loudly. Then she passes the phone around to her two loud children so they can talk to "Aunt Jackie". I turned around once to give a look, but it didn't work.
On another note. . . I am guilty of mouthing "Please stand clear of the doors" in Spanish on the monorail. It amuses my daughter, and if I didn't do it, she'd be disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom