Obnoxious Park Visitor Stories

the-reason14

NO, I think you are being way too polite.

Anyway....

I find guests who insist upon spouting off the dialogue of the attraction along with the narrator to be the most obnoxious. (think Haunted Mansion ... shut the heck up please)

Ha ha, thats funny. I do that in like all the preshows that I know em word for word. Not loudly or nothing, but enough to make sure Im saying it verbatum. My fav. is ToT.

the-reason14

lol, I will talk with the ride sometimes but not loud enough for others to hear me. I cant stand people that talk really loud on the rides.

My most obnoxious moment was last june. My girlfriend and I went to MK and were getting onto Haunted Mansion and this group of cheerleader dippy girls got in the stretch room with us and they are talking with there "oMg, this is creepy...." cheerleader speak, so it gets to the part when the room goes dark and they start screaming and shreiking at the top of their lungs sortof like that kid on the trailer for that movie Accepted, I thought the CM was going to jump them he started SCREAMING at them to shut up and what not and they ended up making this little boy about 4-6 cry cus they scared him so bad. I swear I hated them every time I saw them that day. Oh and during the ride they were screaming the whole freaking time.

A very similar thing happened with me and my bro. It was with some guys though, we werent bothered. It actually added a lot of humor to the ride.

Dwarful

My biggest thing is spitters..augh...I just can't handle that (I don't mean chewing tobacco but that bothers me too if I have to see it).
For us too, it is the whole parade entitlement issue. My husband and I stake our curb side seating a minimum of 1 hour in advance (more during the holidays) WITH our children...they have things that keep them amused (planning our next place to go, working on the next days agenda, enjoying an ice cream cone etc). Then the last 10-15 minutes before the parade starts dozens of people want (expect) you to squeeze in and make room for them. Well, there is only so much curbside in MK and I am not going to make my children miserable and lose my video spot to accomodate demanding people who allowed their children to ride rides, see shows etc for the past hour + while my kids sat on the curb to get a spot to see the parade.
Once when the girls were together in a double stroller a woman pushed her kids through and said "Sit in foot rest of that stroller" I thought my husband was going to lose it...he didn't but the kids didn't sit in the foot rest of the stroller either!

Lanipie

Once i heared someone in Canada(EPCOT) makeing fun of us saying we're lumberjacks and that we "Love" beavers! its Canada in the olden days.

And another time some guy gave my aunt such a rude look b/c she was wearing a big sweater(the guy was gay u could kinda tell since he was holding another guys hand)

What in the world does someone's sexual orientation have to do with ANYTHING?????

Anyhoooo, i think rudest experience for me was when we had to get off Splash Mountain because a man had had a heartattack, and a lady was rudely complaining about how he ruined her experience!!!

I can't believe some people sometimes!

jcowens2000

B O

This is a little different from the screaming girls and rude parade crowds...

I was on Universe of Energy and when the vehicle began moving I realized I was downwind from someone with VERY VERY bad B.O.

It was so bad in fact, I had to restrict my breathing a little bit so I could enjoy the ride while not choking from the B.O.

When the ride ended, I began to exit and WHOAH! I got a total mouthful of that HORRIBLE B.O! Whoever it was hadn't bathed in at least one week NOR used deodorant in all their days in the <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>Florida</st1></st1:state> parks. My boyfriend told me to wait a second. He then turned to me and said, "It’s this family next to us...they smell ABOSULUTELY horrible." So we let them get some distance between us. We followed them out with about 6 or 7 other guest in between us and the family. The whole time I was holding my breath. That was a long breath to hold for exiting Universe or Energy.

When we got outside to the fresh air I had to step aside for a second because the B.O. in the air was SO bad I began to gag in my mouth a little. SO GROSS!! This family had left a trailing B.O. smell the whole way out.

To park visitors: PLEASE PLEASE bathe and wear deodorant! With the ride lines and ride vehicles in small spaces, your B.O. can offend everyone around you within a 15 foot radius!! :cry:

gboiler1

:mad:Now this really annoyed me. We had been waiting for Spectromagic for about an hour. We were sitting on the ground along the curb. Right as the parade was starting this foreign women comes up with her three kids and tried to shove us out of the way to get a seat. I said, what are you doing?

We've had that happen to us too. We have staked out seats well in advance and some foreign speaking people force their way into a tiny spot and push us down. All the while speaking in another language like they don't understand anyone around or think they've done anything wrong! :mad:

Disneygal99

Along the same lines of loud, obnoxious guests:
Once I was getting on ToT and it was right before you get on the elevator and the CM said "Anyone have a party of two?" and nobody answered, but I was alone in line so I said "I'm a party of one!" so they let me pass the others waiting in line and a group of young kids said some obnoxious things as I was passing them, then once I got on the elevator, there was a different group of obnoxious teenage girls and I was sitting in the back row with three prima donna teenagers on either side of me. They were SCREAMING before the ride started. I noticed as the door shut that the CM got on a phone and was looking at me, once I got off the ride, there was a different CM there waiting for me, offering me a chance to ride again with no wait in line, apologizing for the previous craziness. I thought this was great-- and part of the reason Disney keeps you coming back-- they really want you to have a perfect time!

DisneyFanatic92

Flash

When I went in May-June, the last day we were at the MK we went on Splash Mountain and I was looking through the pictures they take on the ride and we saw this whole group of girls that had flashed the camera, and of course the CM werent to happy about that. IT was kinda funny though, rude, but funny.
:lookaroun

diddy_mouse

When we were watching IllumiNations one time two annoying things happened: there was this dad who came in halfway into the show stood right behind us, and must never have seen fireworks EVER because he kept saying "WOAH!" every single time a pyro effect went off. :eek:

The other obnoxious thing that night was this old lady who was like 4 ft. tall and decided to push herself in next to me, actually she said: "Can you move over, I can't see." But the icing on the cake was when she asked me: "Do they do this every night?" :lol:

imagineer boy

I don't know why people complain about the teenage girls, I love em! When I was at DL and my mom and I were going to ride the Indiana Jones Adventure, and this group of hot girls was in front of us, and they were freaking about in the creepy qeue line, so they'd obviously never been on before. We rode in seperate vehicles, but gosh, you could hear their screams throughout the whole ride! :lol:

On the opposite spectrum of things from people being rude. My girlfriend and I went to Epcot last March and shes never been and I Haven't been in about 7 or 8 years, so we both had never seen Reflexions of Earth and we tried to get a spot about a hour before with no luck. We found one spot but some lady had hung a hat on the fence and screamed at us when we tried to stand in the spot because she was holding it with her hat and it was taken. I almost threw the hat in her face. Anyways my girlfriends about 5 foot and has a hard time seeing sometimes and I found her a Ok spot but it still wasn't great. Right as the show started this really sweet older couple tapped me on the shoulder and said here take my spot. I'm a guy but I about cried, I gave the guy a big hand shack and thanked him and then after words said thank you again. His wife and him told us they came almost every week and it wasn't a big deal for them to see everything. All I know is after a long day of my ankles being hit by strollers and electric wheelchairs and hearing parents screaming at their kids all day, it was a welcome blessing.

rileyspaw

We try to get a good spot along the curb on Main Street to see the afternoon parade at the MAGIC KINGDOM. We'll often get a spot 45 minutes to an hour before the parade is scheduled when the parks are busy. I really like the pushy mothers who wait until the last possible minute to ask you if their kids can squeeze up through the crowd and stand in front of you to see.

Once I actually had the nerve to look a mom straight in the eye and say, "Mam, for the past hour I've been sitting here on the curb in the hot sun while you and your children were in air-conditioned shows and having fun on rides! What do you think?" The look on her face was priceless and they moved on down the street!

xcrashx15

A general pet peeve of mine is when parents try to force their small children on rides that they don't want to go on. Last year there was a father with a young daughter in front of us in the Mission: Space line and the daughter was wailing the whole way through the line (for at least an hour). We finally got into the ride and by then she was kicking and screaming so a cast member asked them to leave. Then the dad started yelling at the cast member, holding up the whole ride. I also hate it when you're holding onto the railings in line and you suddenly run your hand through spit; that seems to happen to me at least once per trip.

cam97

My worst one was back two years ago when my family and I were waiting for the 9:00 parade, we got seats right at the rope in Liberty Square, right after the parade crosses the bidge. When the lights began to dim for the parade, I felt someone tap me on the back, I turned around and some guy had gone and taken a chair from somewhere, and was telling me to move because he couldn't see. He was only about 30, and he started to get angry that I didn't immediately jump at his command. Luckily a CM came over to take the chair back and told the guy (very nicely) that he couldn't just move people. It really is amazing how some flat out rude some people can be.

campdisney

I find it annoying when adults stand in front of children during a parade. They can see the kids are obviously way shorter than them, yet they just stay rooted to the spot and don't let the kids in front of them. Sitting down on your squatter's curb in one thing, but then standing up during parade time and blocking the kids' view from behind is both mean and rude.

Another thing is people that stop in the middle of walking/stroller pushing to check a map, have a conversation, make plans for dining, whatever -- causing people behind them to stumble and/or make abrupt changes of direction to avoid a collision! Pull to the freaking side to make a stop!

We've also experienced the BO thing -- but it was actually kind of funny once we were away from the smell. We were in line for AK safari and kept smelling a horrible stench, but as the line moved along, the smell would alternately fade and then become strong again. Hubby and I were trying to be discreet, giving each other and the kids hugs, trying to sniff it out, "OMG, is that coming from one of us???!!" We finally determined we were not the offenders. I saw my sister checking her son and we mouthed to each other "Its not us!". Then we did the safari and it was gone -- until after the ride when we wound up right behind the eye-watering mother and son duo it originated from. We made a quick dash out of there post haste and had a good chuckle afterwards. I pity the folks that took the safari truck with them!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
...the eye-watering mother and son duo it originated from. We made a quick dash out of there post haste and had a good chuckle afterwards. I pity the folks that took the safari truck with them!

Those in the truck might have just thought it was the animals? :rolleyes:

figment1985

Well when I was waiting in a LONG line to get on Expedition Everest during a preview ride day, this woman and her younger 11 year old girl kept talking to the couple directly behind me. The woman kept praising her daughter and talking her up like she was a god or something. She told the couple how her daughter was in a bunch of commerical ad contests and how she KNEW she would win because she is so great and beautiful etc. IT was funny because the little girl was this ugly obese diva. By the time we were about to board the ride, we were giving them glares and the couple tried to start a convo with us to distract themselves from this woman... And you know, I don't mind talking to people- but jeez I don't really care about how great you think your kid is.

Another thing is people that stop in the middle of walking/stroller pushing to check a map, have a conversation, make plans for dining, whatever -- causing people behind them to stumble and/or make abrupt changes of direction to avoid a collision! Pull to the freaking side to make a stop!

We call these people "stoppers" and I yell to my DH watch out for the stoppers.

I agree with most of the responses to this thread. I have also encountered the foreign people who push into your parade spot at the last minute. Yes they are rude.

But my rudest encounter is as follows - warning, it's kind of gross - well it grosse me out.

We were down at FQ during cheerleader week. We were having breakfast and one of the cheerleaders was walking by our table and actually sneezed into my food.

That was the end of breakfast.

BTW - I do not let any of these things spoil my disney vacation, if I continue to let these things bother me on vacation, then they have won and ruined by well deserved vacation.

bayoutinkbelle

I can't believe I forgot this one! It happened on my last trip (late May-early June). My son and I were waiting in the EE line. It was our first time to ride and we had to go through the normal line to see all the theming, etc. It was great, except ....

One kid (probably about 8) had to go to the bathroom. Instead of one parent taking him out line to go do so, his dad takes him over by the wall (second building you walk through, right before the ride) and lets him do his business there. Also in this line (and right in front of us) were a couple with their two kids. The man and woman were far too concerned with hanging all over each other and let the kids climb the walls and walk all over the landscaping. I just knew the kids would fall from those tall walls and then the parents would blame Disney. Nothing happened, however, and I was so glad to finally get on the ride and enjoy it.

Shaman

I find it annoying when adults stand in front of children during a parade. They can see the kids are obviously way shorter than them, yet they just stay rooted to the spot and don't let the kids in front of them. Sitting down on your squatter's curb in one thing, but then standing up during parade time and blocking the kids' view from behind is both mean and rude.

I don't think most adults do this on purpose...they just don't realize there are kids behind them...I mean afterall they're watching the parade.

As already mentioned, I also have a problem with people who get in position to watch a parade late and then expect that they and their kids will be able to see the whole thing without a problem. I've seen people pick their spots hours in advance so it can be done...they plan ahead.

The thing I hate the most, is how long it can take at times to get inside the park because people can't put their fingers in the machine correctly (and members of my family have been guilty of this)...I really like the new ones at MK....The whole Epcot bag check/turnstile is another fun thing at WDW...

But hey WDW is great! Lets not let the little things get to us! :D :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom