New AP rates coming soon!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
scorp111 said:
I would also like to thank Pam as well. Due the information she has shared with this website, I first booked rooms under the AZZ code last week, and then saved an additional $15 per night, by using the EWK code yesterday....

Thanks for the early scoops...

You are very welcome. Who needs Mousesavers!?? :lol:
I'm so happy that you were able to save so much money. That's what it's all about....saving money at Disney!
Pam

WDWScottieBoy

Pam, I just got back from WDW Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and I'm already looking forward to my next trip....hopefully in December. When can I expect to see codes for then?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I haven't heard anything about the AP codes for those months yet. Just as soon as I do, I will post it. I did hear that something is supposed to come out tomorrow, but who knows. I am just handling it as a rumor until I get something more concrete.

Pam

imamouse

I got the postcard with PIN today!

I have been wringing my hands and bemoaning the target marketing of emails and postcards with personal PINs, when wonder of wonder, one showed up in my mailbox today! There was one small catch though, while it had my correct address, the postcard was not addressed to me. Here's the situation:
I have an existing reservation at PC for Oct 9-16 for myself and my best friend (we go the same week every year). When I made the res, they asked for her name, but since I always make the res (I have AP, she does not), CRO only has my address. So, a postcard addressed to my friend, came to my address.
I called CRO and reasoned that since her name was on the res, and my address on the postcard, we should be eligible for the special rate of $49/night. The CM saw no problem with this and applied the discount to person #2 on the res. I'm so happy to get this very attractive rate and I hope everyone else gets what they want, one way or another.
I will still be on the lookout for an Oct AP rate, since I got an AP rate of $44/night at All-Star last year, but if it doesn't happen for me, I'm still delighted with the special rate I snagged today.

katiesmom

Kingdom Konsultant said:
Postcards with discounts for Oct that match the e-mailed ones were delivered in NJ today.

Pam

Pam,
I have been an AP holder for 4 years and have been on the mailing list for the Disney Insider for 2 year. I live in Pittsburgh PA and have never received a postcard rate. What's the trick to get these postcards? Is it all about the region you live in? Or do they just select a few from each region? I would love to know how I can get on the list to get these postcards.

pixidust

ditto what katies mom said.
i know there has been a lot of speculation about who is getting these postcards...
that they are definitely released by region-
we live in PA, we have an AP, we ordered the vacation video (I ordered one online for myself & actually had my husband call for one also since our resort ressie is in his name).... still nothin.
:-(
any other suggestions?
Rhonda

rosebud's mom

I'm practically Katie'sMom 's neighbor. I live in Ohio, but just over the Pa border. Have the video, the DVD, signed up on all the websites................ and the only e-mail I got was a notification when Rick James died !!!! Now, I have complete sympathy for his friends and family, but that was NOT the message I was hoping for !!

Debbie

Hi Pam! I will try to call you this week. I have alot to update you on and one story will definitely make you fall off your chair. Since the house fell through; I vowed we're taking the boys on vacation in December, so I also need to give you the dates for when to look for discounts for me.
Talk to ya soon,
Deb

cabihler

AP holder but no postcard

hi everyone...my daughter and i have been an AP member for more years that i can remember..i believe since the second or third year they have been existence but that is not important. We go to WDW several times a year and are register email and just about everything else you can ask for. I receive several DVD's from Disney per year fro vacation planning..cruises...vacation club...magical gatherings..you get the idea..you name it we get it.

we live in the memphis, tn area for the past 11 years and i recall us getting postcards here in memphis several times but it was a long time ago ( i think once in the past 4 years was the last time). when we lived in new jersey i recall us getting them more frequently. i have no idea disney's plan for conducting these ( i would think population density has something to do with it).

bottom line is i love my AP and have made great use of it for discounts over the years..i just wish that disney didn't treat us as 2nd class cits sumetimes and when the want to fill the resorts then issue the AP their discounts (Harry Chapin use to refer to our kind as "You Can Always Count On The Cheap Seats").

Disney if you are reading give us APers more cocnsistent advance notice of discounts you'ld be surprised you might see us there even more often if we could plan ahead better.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Th postcards do not go out to AP holders. They usually target people who have not gone in a while or something like grandparents taking the grandchildren, etc. Try changing the way you answer the questions when ordering the DVD's. From what I understand a LOT of the postcards were mailed. They followed those with ones to the Disney Visa card holders. So check the mail, you may end up with one.

Pam

KevinPage

cabihler said:
bottom line is i love my AP and have made great use of it for discounts over the years..i just wish that disney didn't treat us as 2nd class cits sumetimes and when the want to fill the resorts then issue the AP their discounts (Harry Chapin use to refer to our kind as "You Can Always Count On The Cheap Seats"). Disney if you are reading give us APers more cocnsistent advance notice of discounts you'ld be surprised you might see us there even more often if we could plan ahead better.

I wouldn't consider it 2nd class treatment. Just like any business, you are going to try and get people who are "on the fence" or "who only come every so often" MORE incentive to come As an AP holder, they already know you are going to visit frequently. Plus I feel Disney does a fairly good amount of discounts for Florida resident and AP discounts throughout the year. It would be hard for them to notify EVERYONE on EVERY promotion.

I rarely if ever get anything from Disney in the mail (could be that I've changed addresses 4 times in 3 years) :D

skiwee

Kingdom Konsultant said:
Th postcards do not go out to AP holders. They usually target people who have not gone in a while or something like grandparents taking the grandchildren, etc. Try changing the way you answer the questions when ordering the DVD's. From what I understand a LOT of the postcards were mailed. They followed those with ones to the Disney Visa card holders. So check the mail, you may end up with one.

Pam

My mom is an AP holder and she has gotten postcards. I also read on another board that AP holders were getting these postcards.

cabihler

postcards

funny thing...earlier in either this thread or in another thread i wrote how it has been years since i received a postcard. we are many years holders of the AP and have travel over 90 times to WDW. :wave:

well last night i got home and what was in my mailbox?? not 1 but 2 postcards with 1 addressed to my daughter who is my usual disney companion and 1 addressed to my wife (her step-mom) who has never ever been to disney. :veryconfu

so i called today and got my daughters rate confirmed for 7 nights in october ( we were there 2 weeks ago for 5 nights and she was there 4th july for 4 nights and i was there in february for 5 nights ). :sohappy:

would still like to know criteria for getting postcards and still think it would be better if disney had better notification plan for AP holders of discounts. :p

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Debbie said:
Hi Pam! I will try to call you this week. I have alot to update you on and one story will definitely make you fall off your chair. Since the house fell through; I vowed we're taking the boys on vacation in December, so I also need to give you the dates for when to look for discounts for me.
Talk to ya soon,
Deb

I can't wait to hear this one..... :lol: I will be at Mitzers house until Sunday. I leave Wednesday afternoon.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom