New AP rates coming soon!

Ergens2

It is already there. If you go to book your stay and then scroll down the page to Special offers and enter the booking engine from there it will already be given to you. I have been playing with it all night and have found my resort at a better rate than AP (because my resort was not offered under APs any discount is great) I called CRO to see about the ressie and was told it was not available through them, but that online they had different resorts available. Now I have to move everything around. I did go day by day and tried different combinations and we will have to stay at a value our first night before checking in to our deluxe. That's ok. All in all it will save us $500 over what we have now.

Shelley :wave:

surfsupdon

I see, thanks so much!! I figured it out.

My family also seems like the only one who has not gotten a discounted room at either Yacht Club or Caribbean Beach for check-in on 12/25. We are THIS close to staying at Swn/Dolphin, and I so don't want to! :cry:

Ergens2

surfsupdon said:

My family also seems like the only one who has not gotten a discounted room at either Yacht Club or Caribbean Beach for check-in on 12/25. We are THIS close to staying at Swn/Dolphin, and I so don't want to! :cry:

Don't say that! S/D are very nice! We love them! All I can say is Heavenly Bed!! A down mattress with a down cover and pillows and 400 thread count sheets! It is so wonderful! And you can walk to Epcot and MGM. The tree and lighting ceremony at the Dolphin are just spectacular! You should check out the photos on allearsnet.com! IMO they are worth the stay!

surfsupdon

We stayed at Dolphin 3 years ago. It was nice. We were glad we got the teacher's rate b/c it would def not have been worth the full rack rate. Location was great, but it just was not a Disney Resort with a Disney Theme.

But, maybe, we will be back...

Tramp

wannabeBelle said:
Hey there Mr Toad, I dont happen to think so as the big draw here is the ambiance. I love the Castle for breakfast or dinner but I Am not so sure Id do both in one trip. Belle

I agree with ya, Belle. It's all about the ambiance and you pay a steep premium for it. But, for us, it was worth it. The food is nothing to write home about but we had low expectations for that anyhow. We asked for a window table and got it without a problem. We hadn't done the dinner in the castle for several years and there were little things missing that we noticed. For instance, no Mickey head butter. No more free lemonade with the meals in those huge blue goblets. There were a couple of other things that slip my mind at the moment. It wasn't quite as "ROYAL" as it use to be. But we'll do it again next year. :)

BTW...3 steak dinners and dessert cost us about $120 including tip. :wave:

We've never done breakfast at the Castle.

imamouse

Good For You!

Main Street USA said:
Well, I'm officially no longer in BULLCRAP mode. We've worked it out with Disney, and we're friends again. They've given us the AP discount for 14 nights of our stay, and for the remaining two (Thanksgiving and the day after), they've given us the normal rate, which since those two nights aren't availble with the AP rate anyway, ain't too shabby.

Not only that, I called this morning at 6:00AM to make Thanksgiving day Ressies to have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table (exactly 90 days in advance), stayed on hold for over an hour, and then got the exact time I wanted without a problem! Now, not only will we be dining in the most magical place for Thanksgiving Dinner, but we'll also cap off desert with a view from inside the Castle for some fabulous Wishes fireworks!

Finally, things are falling into place! :) Whew!

Also, for anyone having a problem booking through Disney over the phone and getting the BAT discount, USE THE WEBSITE (code on there is BAS). There are still tons of discounts available if you book online. The online system is SEPERATE from the system they use to book people over the phone.

Congrats on finally snagging the rate you wanted. You mentioned Pop Century in a previous post. Is that where you booked your stay? We'll be at PC Oct 9-16 and are really looking forward to this trip. I love WDW in Oct! :sohappy:
We went last year during the week of Thanksgiving (the Friday before thru the Sat after) and it was very crowded. :cry: We couldn't even move in Fantasyland and felt like salmon swimming upstream. Of course, any day at WDW is better than any day elsewhere.
We did get a nice table window at Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner (not Thanksgiving dinner), and ate during the show in front of the castle. At one point, Captain Hook ran right past our window. I hope you have an awesome trip! :wave:

katiesmom

surfsupdon said:

The CM I spoke with today told me to "keep calling back, you never know how many more rooms they will open up". She seemed to be trying to tell me something, without actuallly saying it. Also, I would expect the Disney Visa rates to come up soon. Don't give up hope yet, just keep trying. I also contacted Pam today, and she is on top of it too. Maybe she can help you... I sure hope she can work some magic for me. :)

P.S. to Pam. I forgot to tell you that I am a Disney Visa holder as well. If you see the rates, and they are any better that AAA, please book it and I will cancel my reservations. Thanks Again!!!! :wave:

Ergens2

ATTN EVERYONE!! I call CRO this morning and was on hold for less than 3 min!! I was able to book an AP rate of $209 at the Poly for Dec 5-11!!!!! I am so excited!!!! I can't wait!!!! I was also able to get tickets to MVMCP on the 7th. The cm I talked to said she also had Beach Club, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and AKL at AP rates as well!! Most resorts have standard rooms available. I guess MSU was right! So for everyone who couldn't get your first wish, try again!! You might be surprised!!

katiesmom

I'm feeling a little better myself now. I called a little while ago, and got my first 4 nights with the AP discount. My last 3 nights are still with my AAA discount, but they are linked together, so I can keep trying for the AP on the last 3 nights. I begining to think that at first Disney only releases the discounts on the resorts that have low bookings. Then after the initial rush of AP bookings the resorts begin to balance out, and then they start to release the AP's on the more popular resorts. Anyone else think this?

Main Street USA

Glad my tips worked out for some of you!

I'll actually be staying at POP for my entire stay. We really wanted to try this resort out while it's still new, so this year's the year. Plus, paying only $49 per night for a Disney Hotel leaves SOOOOOO much money lying around for all the little stuff that we hadn't done in the past, not to mention we'll be coming home with a much larger bag (bags) full of souvenirs! :)

Also, Tramp, I noticed that you said your meal was over $100 bucks for three of you. WOW! I guess they do it differently for Thanksgiving Dinner, because we we're quoted a price per person, which was $24. So it'd be about the same price for the 4 of us. Of course, because of the demand on the Castle for that night, they also took my credit card to reserve it, and told me that if I didn't cancel at least 48 hours in advance, they'd be charging me the full amount. THAT AIN'T NO PS RESSIE! I've ditched my PS more than once for numerous reasons with no penalty, so I guess they treat Thanksgiving a little more seriously.

mrtoad

Main Street USA said:
Glad my tips worked out for some of you!

I'll actually be staying at POP for my entire stay. We really wanted to try this resort out while it's still new, so this year's the year. Plus, paying only $49 per night for a Disney Hotel leaves SOOOOOO much money lying around for all the little stuff that we hadn't done in the past, not to mention we'll be coming home with a much larger bag (bags) full of souvenirs! :)

Also, Tramp, I noticed that you said your meal was over $100 bucks for three of you. WOW! I guess they do it differently for Thanksgiving Dinner, because we we're quoted a price per person, which was $24. So it'd be about the same price for the 4 of us. Of course, because of the demand on the Castle for that night, they also took my credit card to reserve it, and told me that if I didn't cancel at least 48 hours in advance, they'd be charging me the full amount. THAT AIN'T NO PS RESSIE! I've ditched my PS more than once for numerous reasons with no penalty, so I guess they treat Thanksgiving a little more seriously.

On another thread it was mentioned that for certain meals they will charge you now and if you cancel at least 48 hours out you will be refunded.

Also the $24.00 is probably because it is a set menu. I am sure there will be some choices but not the same as a regular menu. Though $24.00 is actually not a bad price at all. I envy you, it will be awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom