New AP rates coming soon!

phlydude

Gucci65 said:
Dude - I had to change mine as well. Hey, we saved $$
Yeah, my one night deposit I had on there already paid for more than half my stay in the All Star Movies! That's OK, no jacuzzi at the All Stars and considering how much time I spent inside the room (even with the hurricane) a few weeks ago, do I really need to spend all that money for the accomodations? The boat to the MK was nice but not much else once inside the room had me confident that the WL was worth the extra $$$

As far as the availablilty with the AP is concerned, I think they really limited the room availability on this one since the economy is turning around. They look at all the reservations at rack rate and know from the past how many of them are going to turn to AP discounts. They then figure that there are others willing to pay the rack rate that know nothing about the discounts and lock those rooms.

My advice, book the room now with the AP discount and then keep calling back every week or so to check on availability at the resort you do want to stay at. As time goes along, the rooms may not be booking as they like and they may release more and more rooms into the AP discount qualified category.

I will agree with everyone though, this one was tough. I was able to make AP discount reservations in June (around Father's Day) for the WL for a stay less than 2 months later without a hitch. This time, nothing. One thing I can verify though is that when I made my reservation during my stay earlier this month for my future stay in Dec without the code, the WL was all out of Standard and Woods View rooms. The only ones left were Courtyard @ 278.78/night incl tax. Now the only way I would stay in a Courtyard View is if I was bumped up into one at check-in. But I hoped that once APs were released, I could get moved down in category for under $150/night. Didn't happen so I figure I'll save my cash and pay $50/night over at the All-Stars. Doesn't really matter anyway since I'll be driving a rental (and the aprking is closer there than I ever could find @ the WL!).

Gucci65

There are some AP's still available. I just booked two rooms for INSANE1 at Pop Century - 12/1 thru 12/8 at the $49.00 per night rate.

Those of you in Ohio, SC or Savannah, GA - check out the item I just posted under travel planning. Delta is offering round trip to Orlando for $148.00.

LivefortheMouse

How can i get the Annual Pass rates? I dont have the annual pass yet but will be upgrading my play 4 days for an annual. I cant check on the disney site though unless i have a pass # so if anybody knows the annual pass discount fot december please tell me.

drp4video

If I book an AP discount starting on December 23, 2004, and stay till January 3, 2005, will I get the AP rate for the whole time since it is in effect on my check in day?

phlydude

Not sure. Some people were getting kick-outs because the last day of their trip was not during the AP season.

One thing is for sure, you will get the rate that is in effect at the beginning of your vacation without discounts (so if it is value season [whcih it won't be on 12/23] when you check in and changes to a more expensive rate, you will get the value season rate for your entire stay).

surfsupdon

drp4video said:
If I book an AP discount starting on December 23, 2004, and stay till January 3, 2005, will I get the AP rate for the whole time since it is in effect on my check in day?

Your rate will be in effect for the entire trip! However, that is Holiday Time and I haven't read any single post that stated they were able to get an AP rate for Holiday time. We surely could not get one anywhere for check in on 12/25. Bummer, but that's why we can call again, it'll be something to do and hope for, lol.

mitchwebb

Ok, I've been lurking and researching for an looooooong time. I want to thank everyone for all
the information on AP discounts (Pam your great).

I just want to make sure I'm clear, if I check in on 11/18 and stay for ten days I can get the AP rate for all the days (if I can find one??) If not should I make two reservations - one for the first five days that fall within the AP rate dates and another for the five days that are holiday days around thanksgiving that do not fall within the AP rates.

Sorry to go over this point again, just still not clear. I've been looking at the board to get an idea for next year. 2005 thanksgiving first trip (DH, DD11, DD6, DD3).

Way to excited (long time Disneyland regulars)

cheers,
michelle

wannabeBelle

mitchwebb said:
Ok, I've been lurking and researching for an looooooong time. I want to thank everyone for all
the information on AP discounts (Pam your great).

I just want to make sure I'm clear, if I check in on 11/18 and stay for ten days I can get the AP rate for all the days (if I can find one??) If not should I make two reservations - one for the first five days that fall within the AP rate dates and another for the five days that are holiday days around thanksgiving that do not fall within the AP rates.

Sorry to go over this point again, just still not clear. I've been looking at the board to get an idea for next year. 2005 thanksgiving first trip (DH, DD11, DD6, DD3).

Way to excited (long time Disneyland regulars)

cheers,
michelle
Id definitely try for the 10 days under the discounted rate. Try to ask them to run it night by night if you have to!! And even once you have gotten say 8 out of the 10 at a discount try to call back!!! More rooms are added into the code pool as they dont fill up at rack rates!!! Best of luck!!! Belle

Main Street USA

Well, I'm officially no longer in BULLCRAP mode. We've worked it out with Disney, and we're friends again. They've given us the AP discount for 14 nights of our stay, and for the remaining two (Thanksgiving and the day after), they've given us the normal rate, which since those two nights aren't availble with the AP rate anyway, ain't too shabby.

Not only that, I called this morning at 6:00AM to make Thanksgiving day Ressies to have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table (exactly 90 days in advance), stayed on hold for over an hour, and then got the exact time I wanted without a problem! Now, not only will we be dining in the most magical place for Thanksgiving Dinner, but we'll also cap off desert with a view from inside the Castle for some fabulous Wishes fireworks!

Finally, things are falling into place! :) Whew!

Also, for anyone having a problem booking through Disney over the phone and getting the BAT discount, USE THE WEBSITE (code on there is BAS). There are still tons of discounts available if you book online. The online system is SEPERATE from the system they use to book people over the phone.

wannabeBelle

Hey there MSUSA!!!!! That is so awesome I Am so happy for you!!!!! Hope to see you down there, even if briefly. I am flying in on the third of December!!!!!! I Am over at PO Riverside. Belle

mrtoad

Main Street USA said:
Well, I'm officially no longer in BULLCRAP mode. We've worked it out with Disney, and we're friends again. They've given us the AP discount for 14 nights of our stay, and for the remaining two (Thanksgiving and the day after), they've given us the normal rate, which since those two nights aren't availble with the AP rate anyway, ain't too shabby.

Not only that, I called this morning at 6:00AM to make Thanksgiving day Ressies to have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table (exactly 90 days in advance), stayed on hold for over an hour, and then got the exact time I wanted without a problem! Now, not only will we be dining in the most magical place for Thanksgiving Dinner, but we'll also cap off desert with a view from inside the Castle for some fabulous Wishes fireworks!

Also, for anyone having a problem booking through Disney over the phone and getting the BAT discount, USE THE WEBSITE (code on there is BAS). There are still tons of discounts available if you book online. The online system is SEPERATE from the system they use to book people over the phone.

Excellent!

I have not eaten in the Castle since it changed from King Stephan's Banquet Hall. The last time I did it was in the 1970s. On our honeymoon we had a PS for it but cancelled and tried to make it later but never did it.

If we are doing it for breakfast would it be worth doing it for dinner as well?

Thanks.

wannabeBelle

Hey there Mr Toad, I dont happen to think so as the big draw here is the ambiance. I love the Castle for breakfast or dinner but I Am not so sure Id do both in one trip. Belle

Main Street USA

mrtoad said:
Excellent!

I have not eaten in the Castle since it changed from King Stephan's Banquet Hall. The last time I did it was in the 1970s. On our honeymoon we had a PS for it but cancelled and tried to make it later but never did it.

If we are doing it for breakfast would it be worth doing it for dinner as well?

Thanks.
Well, I'd help you out, but I have NO idea. I've NEVER been in there, not even in the 70's! I have seen pictures, however, and as Belle said, I think the draw has a lot to do with knowing you're INSIDE the Castle.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Breakfast is character, but the dinner is not. So, that may help.

:)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
Hey there MSUSA!!!!! That is so awesome I Am so happy for you!!!!! Hope to see you down there, even if briefly. I am flying in on the third of December!!!!!! I Am over at PO Riverside. Belle

I'll be at AKL as of the 2nd.

Pam

katiesmom

Main Street USA said:

I have been sharing your pain.. and still have not gotten my rate yet. I just tried the BAS code and it was not available (by the way thanks for the tip). Just wondering where you are staying? It seems that there are not very many discounts available at the deluxe resorts. I'm trying for the Boardwalk Nov 28 to Dec 5. I have also had the same problems with the Disney phone lines, at one point I was on the phone at 7:03am with a CM and got disconnected.... Does it help to complain to guest services? I tried it one day and it didn't work... Is it worth another try?

katiesmom

Thanks Pam... but my kids really have their heart set on the Boardwalk.. something to do with the slide. And I really like the Epcot Resorts. If you come up with anything else, let me know.
Thanks!!! :wave:

mrtoad

Thanks Belle and MSU. I will just stick with the breakfast then. MSU if it is like I remember as a kid you will love it. Very beautiful and extremly detailed inside.

I don't remember the meal as it was so long ago. I just remember drinking some sort of awesome punch for with dinner in a large pewter goblet and one of those old white and pink striped paper straws. Does anyone remember the straws they use to use on property. Being make of heavy paper after about 5 sips the straw was flat an usesless. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom