New AP rates coming soon!

PixyDust

Thanks Pam!

We've had our October reservations for a few months. Just waiting for the AP rates to see if we can afford to actually stay where we've booked!

Gabriel's Mom

:wave: I just discovered this site & it is awesome ! Waiting too for AP rates, currently have the Sept code. wonder if the AP rates will be better. Keeping my fingers crossed :animwink:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Please everyone keep in mind that this is just a rumor. The CM who told me they would be coming out soon did not know exactly when. (she said soon) I don't want anyone getting upset if they don't come out right away. When they do come out I will post the information immediately.

Pam

WDWScottieBoy

Pam, I am thinking about going in December, and then possibly February, April/May and next summer as well so I will deffinitely be buying the AP soon. Can you PM me the info when you get it? Also, what are the codes everyone talks about...do they make it even cheaper for AP during their stay? I'm hoping to go the week before Christmas, so will there be anything for me then? PM, IM, or E-mail me when you get the information, thanks a lot!

Scott

phlydude

I know you directed your question to Pam but I wanted to let you know about the codes.

AP holders do indeed get discounts at the WDW resorts during certain times of the year (more recently, it has been pretty much all year!). The discount can be as much as 45% off rack rate (standard published rate). The deal with the AP codes are is that they are limited to a certain number of rooms (i.e. I tried to book a standard view at the WL for my upcoming trip and was told only woods view or higher was being offered for the promotion).

Another source for finding more info on the AP rates is mousesavers.com

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
PHLYDUDE is correct. These codes do save you a lot of money. I am waiting and checking constantly for any information on them. I will let everyone know ASAP when I get the info on the AP rates.

Pam

ILOVEDISNEY

When I modified my reservations last Monday with code AZZ from $87 to $65 a night before tax at ASMo the CM, Mindy Jo, told me AP rates would probably be coming 1 August and would only be $1-2 lower. My wife and I are staying 8 nights, so $16-$20 would pay for at least one lunch. I bought our AP tickets just for the discounts as suggested from KK and others.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
The september rates are VERY low for the room only. I agree that the AP rate won't be a whole lot cheaper.

But we will have to wait and see.

Pam

ILOVEDISNEY

Pam, I know you run a for-profit business, but could you reveal what you actually pay Disney for say a Value room during the "value" season? I am sure the readers would be shocked. My guess would be $40 for a $55/night room.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I don't understand what you are asking. Please clarify it.

I don't pay Disney for the rooms. My clients do and Disney pays me a comission.

Number_6

I picked up my AP back in June when I went to look at houses and then changed my reservations for my August trip using the AP. It went from costing over $1300 for 7 nights to costing just over $800.

ILOVEDISNEY

Kingdom Konsultant said:
I don't understand what you are asking. Please clarify it.

I don't pay Disney for the rooms. My clients do and Disney pays me a comission.

Oh, I see/understand now. I thought Disney held blocks of rooms for travel agents and you bought the rooms at a set price as needed and then sold to your clients for whatever price you could get. So, that's where the codes come in. Anyone can use the same codes. Do you have to register with Disney to sell rooms? How do you go about it? I am retired and would like to start a Disney travel agency.

WDWScottieBoy

So if I buy this AP really soon, and decide I want to go in Sept when the WDW commercials are saying it's $55 a night, does that mean I can get it even cheaper as an AP? Also, can you use more than one code on a reservation, like a code and then a CM code as well to get their discount? Also, at what point do you suggest getting an AP? I know if someone is only going for 4 days in one year it wouldn't be worth it. But when does it make sense to get the AP?

phlydude

The break even point for an AP is 8 days in one year. This is aside from all discounts.

With the discounts, the days to break even will vary depending on what else is offered.

My understanding is that 1 code is able to be used for each reservation. AP rates or FL resident AP rates are generally the best you can get. However, $55 per night as advertised on TV is pretty good without the pass.

It made sense for me to pick up an AP. For our stay in August, we are saving almost $600 off rack rate. Not to mention that I am going again in Dec and hoping an AP discount will be available then too. PLUS I was able to book another family member's room at the same resort with my AP (reservation had to be in my name) for the discount as well saving them $500.

Now this is in addition to 10% off at select restaurants for lunch M-F and discounts on mini-golf and 10% off the World of Disney. etc.

Now, I am looking at these discounts off of rack rate. If I were to look at the compared to discounted rates, they wouldn't seem as substancial. Which comes back to the original point, the break even point is going to the parks 8 days in a year.

wannabeBelle

Keep me updated as well Pam. I Am looking at the later half of October and the earlier half of December ( to include Dec 5th and Dec 7th) for me!!! Belle

ILOVEDISNEY

WDWScottieBoy said:
So if I buy this AP really soon, and decide I want to go in Sept when the WDW commercials are saying it's $55 a night, does that mean I can get it even cheaper as an AP? Also, can you use more than one code on a reservation, like a code and then a CM code as well to get their discount? Also, at what point do you suggest getting an AP? I know if someone is only going for 4 days in one year it wouldn't be worth it. But when does it make sense to get the AP?

The break even point is 8 days at WDW, but the discounts for rooms, La Nouba, food at say Rainforest Cafe and other restaurants would pay for itself if you stay less and/or stay at Moderate or Deluxe resort. Do the math. An AP is $400 or thereabouts for 365 days of admission to WDW, or a little over $1 day. Use it only once and it is $400 for one day instead of $58.

Between you and me I would say Disney is catching on that people are saving too much with the AP just like stockholders used to save at WDW and will soon do away with discounts alltogether. I read that were no AP discounts for rooms last fall, so make your $55/day reservations ASAP. The number of rooms available are limited, or so they say. On the brighter side, it's only money and where better to spend it then at WDW.

P.S. You can use AP code to book a room without actually having a AP, or so they say, but you must have a valid AP at check-in. It only takes a week or so to get your redemption certificate for your AP in the mail. You then take this green card and exchange at Transportion & Ticket Center at the MK, or other theme parks at Guest Services. You can also buy AP in Ocala at the WDW Welcome Center and get them on the spot without the hassel of redemption.

phlydude

AP = Annual Pass. Allows unlimited admission to any of the 4 WDW theme parks for an entire calendar year.

The AP costs $403.64
A Premium AP costs $531.44 and allows you admission to any WDW pay for entry park site for an entire year including Pleasure Island, Disney Quest, water parks and Wide World of Sports plus the 4 theme parks.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
ILOVEDISNEY said:
Oh, I see/understand now. I thought Disney held blocks of rooms for travel agents and you bought the rooms at a set price as needed and then sold to your clients for whatever price you could get. So, that's where the codes come in. Anyone can use the same codes. Do you have to register with Disney to sell rooms? How do you go about it? I am retired and would like to start a Disney travel agency.

I understand what you were saying now. I can request a block of 10 rooms and I can sell them at a reduced rate, but I do have to put up the deposit myself. And I am just a small company, so unless I have the demand or a large group, I won't be doing that. I can also do it for the cruise lines. But then again I have to have the $$$ to put down. If WDWMagic members want to all stay at the same hotel, I can definately work something like that out for them. :lol: Yes, Anyone can use the codes. I use them for my clients to save them money. Yes, you must be registered with Disney. You have to go to classes to become a travel agent and then more classes on owning an agency. There is quite a bit involved in doing it.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom