Movies...movies...movies

EPCOT Explorer

Dumbledore's funeral would have been ok, but my biggest problem was how the huge, epic battle from the book turned into just a little squabble. What happened to a horde of Deatheaters invading Hogwarts? What happened to Dumbledore's Army and the Order of the Phoenix showing up to help fight! Much death! Much destruction! All gone....
Now Harry just chases them across the grounds, they light Hagrid's hut on fire, and leave. Very weak. I really can't imagine why they reduced such an important event to nothing.
Really damaged the film for me.:shrug:

Same. The movie kinda flatlined for me.

The rest was pretty awesome though. Very much like the book except it missed a ton of the Ministry, and Lupin/Tonks.:(

col

harry potter 6 was good but not one of my fave harry potter films! they missed loads out of the book and changed things and the could of done dumbledores death better and had his funeral in it not just fawkes flying away.

SeaBreeze

Original Poster
After seeing ads of HP6 plastered all over Australia, I should finally be seeing it tomorrow. I'll judge it according to whether or not it keeps me awake as I battle epic jet lag :lol:

EPCOTPluto

I was really expecting the movie to be completely dark with minimal humour, but it seemed to be a healthy balance of both. (Saw the midnight show with my sister; after six days of wisdom-teeth-extraction recovery, I just wanted to get out of the house more than anything. :lol: )
Ugh. Just reminded me of my 4 wis-teeth coming out next Thursday. I better get the prescription for the pre-op pill.
Feel better on that. How much does it hurt in the beginning?

I hope the film is what I expect it to be.
With both sides raving about the film, I plan to see it most likely Sunday. The car's getting an oil change, and requires 2 days to also fix the upholstery that's falling apart. :eek: Saturday's WDW :)D:D:D) and Sunday's the most possible day.

Meanwhile, I just saw the leaked trailer for Burton's Alice in Wonderland and it looks like I might want to see it March 5, 2010!!
I really can't wait for it!

OT: How do you multi-quote here? I know there's a multi-quote button...

EPCOT Explorer

^^

multiquote_off.gif

Click this little button on each post you want to reply to and quote.

SeaBreeze

Original Poster
Ugh. Just reminded me of my 4 wis-teeth coming out next Thursday. I better get the prescription for the pre-op pill.
Feel better on that. How much does it hurt in the beginning?

OT here but when I had my wisdom teeth extracted (all four at once), they gave me the IV anesthesia (not the gas), which was quite nice. I'm kind of stubborn about pain so I didn't actually take any pain killers when I had mine out. I was kind of still loopy for what was probably the worst of it and I was fine to go shuffling about Target with my mom that same day.

I had a bad reaction to the antibiotics you have to take and therefore they were ineffective on me so I got a fluke ear infection. That royally sucked and knocked me out of commission later but I was back to working in my lab the day after my extraction. Each person has a different experience but at least it's just a one time thing :) Just follow instructions so you don't get a dry socket (don't use straws!) and I bet you'll be fine sooner than you expect

EPCOTPluto

^^

multiquote_off.gif

Click this little button on each post you want to reply to and quote.
Sorry for being a bit illiterate here, but just click on any
multiquote_off.gif
to whatever you want to respond to? Or is it something else?

I just clicked "quote" here, and I was unable to get a copied quote from another member...

krankenstein

Sorry for being a bit illiterate here, but just click on any
multiquote_off.gif
to whatever you want to respond to? Or is it something else?

I just clicked "quote" here, and I was unable to get a copied quote from another member...

If you want to multi quote two people, the first person click the + button, on the second you would hit the button that actually has quote on it.

SeaBreeze

Original Poster
I really appreciated how they managed to bring in all of the characters from the last movies and give them some good screen time, especially Snape and McGonagal who got the shaft in the last movie. And I thought Slughorn was great, not as I imagined in the book (I would've liked to have seen John Rhys-Davies in the role) but great none-the less.

I finally saw it today (and I stayed awake even though it felt like 3am to me haha) I agree with everything you said. I thought it was great how all the characters got some time and I'm always a fan of Rickman's Snape. He's honestly one of my favorite cinematic characters. I was also impressed with Maggie Smith's performance because she was as great as she always is, despite the fac she was undergoing radiation treatment for cancer.

The ending didn't bother me but I think that's because I read all of your comments and was prepared for it :lol: I kind of feel like the weakness of that screenwriter is endings but I do like David Yates as the director and am glad he's finishing up the series.

EPCOTPluto

OT here but when I had my wisdom teeth extracted (all four at once), they gave me the IV anesthesia (not the gas), which was quite nice. I'm kind of stubborn about pain so I didn't actually take any pain killers when I had mine out. I was kind of still loopy for what was probably the worst of it and I was fine to go shuffling about Target with my mom that same day.
I had to take a pill, and then they injected me with Testrex (sp) laughing gas, and I still am using the ice to reduce the minimal swelling, since the 30th. I was still rather woozy and still am...

I had a bad reaction to the antibiotics you have to take and therefore they were ineffective on me so I got a fluke ear infection. That royally sucked and knocked me out of commission later but I was back to working in my lab the day after my extraction. Each person has a different experience but at least it's just a one time thing :)
Fortunately, I haven't got an ear infection or sore throat - yet. Good thing it's a one-time thing! :)

EpcotServo

Funny People was amazing by the way.

It's the kind of movie ALOT of people won't like because it's just like a movie I would make, which is great for me, but not everyone has such wise tastes in cinematic ventures...
:dazzle: :lookaroun :lol:

dxwwf3

I really enjoyed it too. If people expect a more dramatic film, I think they will have a better chance of enjoying it. It is VERY funny though, just not as much as the two previous Apatow directed films.

SeaBreeze

Original Poster
Fortunately, I haven't got an ear infection or sore throat - yet. Good thing it's a one-time thing! :)

Glad you're having a smoothish recovery so far :wave:

I really enjoyed it too. If people expect a more dramatic film, I think they will have a better chance of enjoying it. It is VERY funny though, just not as much as the two previous Apatow directed films.

I was really looking forward to this movie and was wondering how people were liking it. Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow :)

Number_6

Just got back from finally getting to see "Moon." I will say that I really enjoyed it a lot. I thought Sam Rockwell was terrific in it and Kevin Spacey as the voice of Gertie was cool. I loved the character of Gertie. Parts of it, I figured out where it was headed, but I still really enjoyed getting there.

Lee

Adventurer
Went to "The Collector" this weekend.
Decent horror flick as long as you don't really try to figure out the whys and hows.

Is it time for the Basterds yet......:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom