Movies...movies...movies

SirGoofy

Yeahhhh, but the plus is that I support Original ideas, and it looks great.
:D

Have I mentioned that I can't wait for Funny People a million times yet?

Oh it looks great. That doesn't mean I'd still rather seen Blokamp(sp?)/Jackson pair for a Halo movie. His style is so gritty and real. He's the perfect guy for the job.

And yes, Funny People looks terrific.

dxwwf3

Can't believe Bruno finally comes out tomorrow. This summer has been absolutley horrible, IMO this year (Although I haven't seen Star Trek yet) with Up being the only thing I've seen that I have been blown away by. I have a pretty good feeling that this will be the 2nd fantastic movie of the summer for me.

SirGoofy

Can't believe Bruno finally comes out tomorrow. This summer has been absolutley horrible, IMO this year (Although I haven't seen Star Trek yet) with Up being the only thing I've seen that I have been blown away by. I have a pretty good feeling that this will be the 2nd fantastic movie of the summer for me.

:snore:

Bruno just looks like Borat part 2.

dxwwf3

Well Bruno certainly didn't disappoint. I found it to be funnier and more enjoyable than Borat. I think it is going to shock a lot of people, but it was exactly what I expected. Easily the funniest movie of the year. The Hangover was enjoyable, but it isn't even in the same galaxy as far as laughs go.

dxwwf3

BTW, I love reading reviews for Bruno that are a little down on the film because they didn't feel the "message" was pushed hard enough. I absolutely love reading this stuff. I'm not into politics at all, but I do love it when people who are hardcore one way or another are upset when things they expect will push their agenda don't end up the way they planned. I knew this film wouldn't get reviewed as well as Borat because I think a lot of people who review movies were hoping that this would make fun of "backwards" people more than it really does.

This is a pure comedy. Much moreso than Borat, IMO. If you want to take a message out of it I guess you can, but you can tell with this film moreso than anything else I've seen Cohen in, the main objective was to shock people and make them laugh.

But yes I do love that one political party's extremists didn't get the message film they were hoping for :)

imagineer boy

Can't believe Bruno finally comes out tomorrow. This summer has been absolutley horrible, IMO this year (Although I haven't seen Star Trek yet) with Up being the only thing I've seen that I have been blown away by..

Looking back at it, I agree it has been a somehwat disapointing summer movie season. The only movies I really enjoyed were just Star Trek, Up, and Public Enemies. Terminator 4 was just okay IMO, Night at the Museum was just okay (the SFX and Amy Adams saved this movie for me), I have no interest in Ice Age 3, I didn't see Land of the Lost but it flopped big time, and I absolutly hated Transformers.

dxwwf3

Actually I enjoyed Land of the Lost. I have no idea why they released it in the summer though because it is a very weird movie with a select audience and probably would have done a lot better with less competition. It's not a movie I would reccomend to most people because I can see why so many would not like it, but it was so odd that it worked for me.

And as much as I'm looking forward to Apatow and Tarantino's new films, I highly doubt that anything will top Bruno this summer for me.

dxwwf3

I'm pretty surprised this movie got an R rating considering some precedents that have been set about certain things before. There isn't a lot of swearing, but still I think the crew behind the picture had to be pretty surprised they got away with an R rating for the film.

EpcotServo

Don't get me started on Land of the Lost-It's still one of my favorites of a Jam-Packed movie year.
:cry: :D

Finally going to go see MOON today! Yay!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom