Movies...movies...movies

SeaBreeze

Original Poster
I saw Transformers 2 today....ughhh. I'm guilty of enjoying mindless action flicks but I prefer to not be rolling my eyes regularly over the stupidity of it all :lookaroun It was too long and I agree about being annoyed with the lack of Bumblebee and Optimus. I like the first one but definitely do not need to see this one ever again :lol:

imagineer boy

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=417270&GT1=28101

2713049064_a756f5dceb.jpg

Don't worry, I predict it will make a ton of money on the first weekend then drop off dramatically afterwards. Hopefully Public Enemies will take a huge chunk out of it. It probably will, because who doesn't love Johnny Depp?

EPCOT Explorer

^^^ Agreed with 1920's/30's Pirate Movie taking some $$$ from the Robot S uc k fest.:lookaroun:lol:

1920's/30's Pirate Movie looks awesome, BTW.:D
I saw Transformers 2 today....ughhh. I'm guilty of enjoying mindless action flicks but I prefer to not be rolling my eyes regularly over the stupidity of it all :lookaroun It was too long and I agree about being annoyed with the lack of Bumblebee and Optimus. I like the first one but definitely do not need to see this one ever again :lol:

Haters unite!:lookaroun:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

It really does, I just watched a clip of a shoot out scene and my jaw was on the floor! Its so awesome!

I saw that too!:sohappy::lol:

That and Pelham 123 look like AWESOME Action/Thrillers.:D MUST SEE.:lol:

EpcotServo

Well, servo, I pretty much agree with what you said there. :lol:

For me the biggest bummer was just the sheer lack of the movie's namesake: Transformers! Optimus Prime was gone in most the movie, a mute Bumblebee was reduced to a background character, other ones keep coming and going without any explanation, and aside from their offensivenss the twins were really pointless. They contributed nothing to the story, heck, at least Jar Jar had some point to the story!

Why did they have to keep concentrating on the unlikeable human characters? You know, if they just concentrated on Shia Laboeuf, Megan Fox, and maybe a few of the government and army characters and gave the transformers more screen time then I think the movie would've worked on so many more levels.

I know! Ratchet had like two lines, Iron Hide was overexposed in the first scene, then dropped out from existence, then there are like 40 new transformers that may look cool-If you could see them clearly, they had lines, or were even GIVEN an introduction. NONE of which happened.

They even wasted one of the coolest things ever- a Mech being airdropped, and made THAT look silly.

It's so cool in ANYTHING else that does that...
:cry:

The thing is, they are ALL unlikable characters...:lookaroun

See I wasn't a huge fan of the first one, but it did it's job. I enjoyed the Autobots, and went out and hunted down all of the figures. Even the super-expensive Ultimate Bumblebee! This one had no transformer that was even REMOTELY interesting enough to want. Even Soundwave, one of the coolest Transformers in the cannon, was turned into some kind of a Gay Satellite.

:lol: :dazzle: :brick:

That's the thing...I don't ask for THAT much in a movie.
:hammer:

Anyways, this..."Cold Souls" looks GREAT. Paul Giamatti, David Strathairn, and surrealist comedy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2t2vDfM1M

I just hope it comes to mass theaters. STILL waiting to see Moon, which I think I now have to wait to hunt on DVD....Sigh, we release all the wrong movies nationwide.

EPCOT Explorer

I know! Ratchet had like two lines, Iron Hide was overexposed in the first scene, then dropped out from existence, then there are like 40 new transformers that may look cool-If you could see them clearly, they had lines, or were even GIVEN an introduction. NONE of which happened.

They even wasted one of the coolest things ever- a Mech being airdropped, and made THAT look silly.

It's so cool in ANYTHING else that does that...
:cry:

See I wasn't a huge fan of the first one, but it did it's job. I enjoyed the Autobots, and went out and hunted down all of the figures. Even the super-expensive Ultimate Bumblebee! This one had no transformer that was even REMOTELY interesting enough to want. Even Soundwave, one of the coolest Transformers in the cannon, was turned into some kind of a Gay Satellite.

:lol: :dazzle: :brick:

That's the thing...I don't ask for THAT much in a movie.
:hammer:

Anyways, this..."Cold Souls" looks GREAT. Paul Giamatti, David Strathairn, and surrealist comedy!

I just hope it comes to mass theaters. STILL waiting to see Moon, which I think I now have to wait to hunt on DVD....Sigh, we release all the wrong movies nationwide.
:ROFLOL::sohappy:

YES. Another huge problem of the movie...I couldn't see a thing at some points. If they were to make them actually look "fake" and not so real. It would be easier to see.:lol:

Soundwave was cool though...I liked the white matrix-y sparks that he used.:lol:

SeaBreeze

Original Poster
then there are like 40 new transformers that may look cool-If you could see them clearly, they had lines, or were even GIVEN an introduction. NONE of which happened.

That really bugged me! At least in the first one they took the time to introduce all the Autobots and give them some sort of personality. I was sitting in this one going "who is that??"

We may not agree on comedies in this thread but at least we seem to agree on things that matter... like total misses :lol:

Number_6

Funny thing is, I just found the trailer for that today and was coming here to see if anyone else had posted it. It really does look good and I really want to see it.

imagineer boy

Just got back from Public Enemies. Great movie! Definately reccomend it. :D

First reviews are starting to pop up for Half Blood Prince...and they are incredibly positive. Glowing almost. I can't wait.:D

It looks terriffic so far. I've been listening to the soundtrack, which is amazing and is making me more excited.:sohappy:

SeaBreeze

Original Poster
First reviews are starting to pop up for Half Blood Prince...and they are incredibly positive. Glowing almost. I can't wait.:D

I'm so so excited about that movie! It's coming out while I'm in Australia...we'll see if I have the patience to wait to see it when I get back :lol:

EpcotServo

Public Enemies was alright. Some great shots, but the use of shaky cam the ENTIRE way kind of diminished every shot. Great cast, Great cinematographer, solid screenplay, but honestly the Director really didn't pull it all together tight enough to "stick", so it's just kind of alright with a few great scenes and good acting. The action scenes were all really good though, so if you wanna' use the "11!!1ITSasummer movie! is escapismsm!" argument, I'll let it fly because I'm no snob, and I enjoyed the movie enough to not regret seeing it (At the cheap indie local theater with Mountain Dew of course.)

I could discuss it's merits and misgivings all night, but the takeaway is what's really important...

Johnny Depp in 30's attire duel-wielding pistols is the most bada55 thing ever.

:lol: :D

As for Harry Potter, ...enh. There are much better books AND movies out there.
:lookaroun: *runsaway*

EPCOT Explorer

Public Enemies was alright. Some great shots, but the use of shaky cam the ENTIRE way kind of diminished every shot. Great cast, Great cinematographer, solid screenplay, but honestly the Director really didn't pull it all together tight enough to "stick", so it's just kind of alright with a few great scenes and good acting. The action scenes were all really good though, so if you wanna' use the "11!!1ITSasummer movie! is escapismsm!" argument, I'll let it fly because I'm no snob, and I enjoyed the movie enough to not regret seeing it (At the cheap indie local theater with Mountain Dew of course.)

I could discuss it's merits and misgivings all night, but the takeaway is what's really important...

Johnny Depp in 30's attire duel-wielding pistols is the most bada55 thing ever.

:lol: :D

As for Harry Potter, ...enh. There are much better books AND movies out there.
:lookaroun: *runsaway*

Sounds good.:D Seeing it today!:sohappy:

As for HP...I agree.:shrug: I was a big HP Nerd when the craze was really in high gear, but there are better books. Not a whole lot, but there are.

And movies...Yeeeeeeah.:lookaroun:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

They are kids books. Obviously they aren't going to be written like Shakespeare. But for creativity, I think they're great.

Agreed. They are like a Disney attraction. Good thrill, immersive, and entertaining.

...Wait...

....Disney does that!?

....Universal does, now.:rolleyes::D:lookaroun:lol:

Anyway....
Evening!

Just got home from Public Enemies. FANTASTIC movie. Historically accurate, exciting, good acting...Now HERE's a film. Not that Transformers ___________:)lol:) I saw a few weeks back! Depp FTW.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom