Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

GothMickey

If Disney is waiting for a sponsor, who do you think would make a good sponsor for this ride? I would think someone in the green energy field.

Lee

Adventurer
Kinda sorta - In the scope of 'rounding DHS into a full day park' or prep for HP-ville in IOA?
Nothing they are doing at DHS is a direct response to HP.

Is WDW mgmt thinking that upgrading DHS with a new ride (this one) and refubing Star Tours is enough competition for HP? They'll probably really hype up SW weekends the year the ST refub is done.
No. As I said above, the work being done at DHS is purely to strengthen it as a park. They are fully aware that none of the refurbs/additions there will be Potter-beaters. As for SW Weekends, yeah, they'll pull out all the stops when 2.0 opens.

How much bigger do they plan on making soundstage 1? If that can be discussed... ;-).
Unclear since I haven't seen any art or plans yet. Not double the size, I wouldn't think, but maybe 50% larger.

OT: Will the ST simulators be refurb'd or are new ones on the way? I'm sure they don't want ST down for a long period of time either.
They tested some of the new stuff in the old-style simulators, so I assume that they will be able to retrofit them to work. Not sure that would cut the refurb time down any more than just pulling them out and putting new ones in. Be cheaper, though....

epcotWSC

I don't understand why some say that DHS is not a full day park. Maybe because I go in the summer and lines are longer, but I always spend the whole day at DHS.

Morning get fast pass for ToT then go to RnR. Ride that once or twice depending on time, then go to ToT. Go on a couple other rides, then hit 50s prime time for lunch. Then run around like a lunatic trying to get to shows and in between that going to any other rides we missed. By the time you get to the last show it's the evening already. Go to dinner, then go on Toy Story Mania with it's long lines and it's probably 8 or 9:00 by the time you're finished and then you see Fantasmic and go home.

I know some people aren't into the shows so that'll make your trip much shorter, but we usually see Beauty & the Beast, Indy, Little Mermaid, LMA, & HISTMS. Then there's also the Great Movie ride which we usually get earlier in the day. I guess for someone who goes to the park regularly, I can understand not seeing the shows every time you go, but for those who go only once or twice a year or less then it's definitely a full day at the park.

I don't understand why some say that DHS is not a full day park. Maybe because I go in the summer and lines are longer, but I always spend the whole day at DHS.

Morning get fast pass for ToT then go to RnR. Ride that once or twice depending on time, then go to ToT. Go on a couple other rides, then hit 50s prime time for lunch. Then run around like a lunatic trying to get to shows and in between that going to any other rides we missed. By the time you get to the last show it's the evening already. Go to dinner, then go on Toy Story Mania with it's long lines and it's probably 8 or 9:00 by the time you're finished and then you see Fantasmic and go home.

I know some people aren't into the shows so that'll make your trip much shorter, but we usually see Beauty & the Beast, Indy, Little Mermaid, LMA, & HISTMS. Then there's also the Great Movie ride which we usually get earlier in the day. I guess for someone who goes to the park regularly, I can understand not seeing the shows every time you go, but for those who go only once or twice a year or less then it's definitely a full day at the park.

I think any of the parks are full day parks. It all depends how you visit them. In your case, you like to see all the shows and attractions so I can see why DHS is definitely a full day. I was pretty selective about which shows I saw and DHS took up most of the day. Again, its what you go on and the pace you set that decides if a park is a full day or not.

GothMickey

I think any of the parks are full day parks. It all depends how you visit them. In your case, you like to see all the shows and attractions so I can see why DHS is definitely a full day. I was pretty selective about which shows I saw and DHS took up most of the day. Again, its what you go on and the pace you set that decides if a park is a full day or not.

And don't forget, majority of the people on here visit WDW every year, or multiple times a year. Going so often, you tend to skip things you don't like or things that have gotten stale to you. This is another reason why these people call DHS a half day park. Three or four rides and yes, half day it is.

tirian

And don't forget, majority of the people on here visit WDW every year, or multiple times a year. Going so often, you tend to skip things you don't like or things that have gotten stale to you. This is another reason why these people call DHS a half day park. Three or four rides and yes, half day it is.

True, but the DVC and lower airfare have brought in lots of repeat Guests to WDW. While the numbers are nowhere near DL's, they're much higher than they used to be. That's why so many people have been complaining about WDW's becoming "stale."

Anyway...

Pixar Place is going to expand dramatically within the next 10 years. Let's hope the walkways get wider, too!

GothMickey

True, but the DVC and lower airfare have brought in lots of repeat Guests to WDW. While the numbers are nowhere near DL's, they're much higher than they used to be. That's why so many people have been complaining about WDW's becoming "stale."

Anyway...

Pixar Place is going to expand dramatically within the next 10 years. Let's hope the walkways get wider, too!

Yep, that's how I hear some of the DVCers I know describe it.

Pixar Place will be taking over Animation Courtyard, do you know? If it does, I assume we'll be seeing the end of VOTLM and Playhouse Disney?

jt04

Yep, that's how I hear some of the DVCers I know describe it.

Pixar Place will be taking over Animation Courtyard, do you know? If it does, I assume we'll be seeing the end of VOTLM and Playhouse Disney?

Wrong direction. WDAS is still alive and fine and productive. A lot of other stuff will leave DHS before the Animation Courtyard. Pixar is marching south at DHS.

By the way I did have one idea. The laugh floor could fit in the One Man's Dream theater and OMD would fit fine on Main Street where it really belongs.

Wrong direction. WDAS is still alive and fine and productive. A lot of other stuff will leave DHS before the Animation Courtyard. Pixar is marching south at DHS.

By the way I did have one idea. The laugh floor could fit in the One Man's Dream theater and OMD would fit fine on Main Street where it really belongs.

That would work for me. OMD is a great show and a really pleasant surprise for us this trip. I would love to see it at the MK

GothMickey

Nope. Go west. And a bit south west-ish ;)

So that would include BLT which we already figured, the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set playground, which we already figured.. And, up to where the muppets currently reside? or did I go too fsar west and not enough south-westish?

Lee

Adventurer
Not any further east than the Bug's Li...I mean Honey, I Shrunk play area, if they do make it that far east.

Backlot Tour, Canyon, misc. other buildings....

Here...very rough, and likely includes much more than they will use, but potentially this is the area that has been looked at for Pixar Place expansions. Backlot Tour will go for sure.
studioair.JPG

baby1disney

My husband has been talking about Disney adding a Pixar park for the longest at DHS. I thought it would be a good idea, too since Pixar is getting sooo big now. If they keep making these movies the way they do and how super they are, they might have to build an entire park just for Pixar!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: How great would that be? I mean, I know that would cause some problems for Pixar things already in place. But, then maybe those could be some extra added rides/attractions that maybe got put on the backburner for awhile. :wave: Just a thought!!

GothMickey

Lee, thanks for that layout. That is a huge area, dwarfing all the other "lands" of DHS. Are the plans still in play for Lucasland, Muppet Studios? or were they basically internet speak? How about a wheel and spoke kind of layout? DHS is really not a well layed out park.

hokielutz

Not any further east than the Bug's Li...I mean Honey, I Shrunk play area, if they do make it that far east.

Backlot Tour, Canyon, misc. other buildings....

Here...very rough, and likely includes much more than they will use, but potentially this is the area that has been looked at for Pixar Place expansions. Backlot Tour will go for sure.
studioair.JPG

So here is a question... are they really refurbing the Backlot tour, or are they closing it to do un-interrupted prep for the eventual expansion of Pixar Place and the Monster's Inc Door Coaster.

To me, it really doesn't make sense why they are doing a 2 month refurb for an attraction that is likely to get the axe in a year if these rumors are going to turn out true.

If it is a true refurb, what is getting improved during this long 2-month layoff??

jt04

That would work for me. OMD is a great show and a really pleasant surprise for us this trip. I would love to see it at the MK

It originally was an attraction similar to OMD when the MK opened called The Walt Disney Story (I think). Now a similar attraction seems to headed for DCA and I have a feeling some of the artifacts from OMD will be heading to California.

I remember recently being in one the theaters (there are 2 I think) at the original Walt Disney Story building off Main Street at the Magic kingdom but I can't remember what the show was that was installed at the time. It was not long ago and I was stunned by how nice the theaters are. It is a shame that they are not used now. You know WDW is almost 40 years old now and a history of WDW might make a great attraction in this location. It might make a great addition for any 40th anniversary celebration that might be planned. Martin could help them with the research.:)

Anyone know what the most recent show in those theaters at the MK was? I just can't remember except that it was a film. Maybe it was the film showing at DHS now?

Lee

Adventurer
To me, it really doesn't make sense why they are doing a 2 month refurb for an attraction that is likely to get the axe in a year if these rumors are going to turn out true.
Nah...I'll be more than a year, I'd bet. MI will take up residence before that big expansion comes into play.

toolsnspools

Are you 23? Disney broke ground for BLT in March 23 years ago. Maybe we'll hear some good news on March 10th... BLT sure takes up a lot of real estate at DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom