Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

First off, I really enjoy MILF. Its really entertaining and can be a good way to escape the heat lol.

Now onto the heavy stuff. I believe WDW is 10 times better then DL. The only reason they keep pumping things into DL and not here is cause people still come here. DCA is the worst Disney park ever and it NEEDS some TLC. I have been reading up on it a bit lately as I am going to DL in May and it looked really good on paper but it like Disney has been doing lately it half-a$$ed it. I really hope that the new stuff they are putting in to DCA will bring it up to Disney Standards. It is amusing to see that the new enterance will look just like DHS. Which to me shows that some of the new attractions going into DCA might be coming to DHS. We already got TSMM. Carsland looks cool. I also think that Disney should take out our VOTLM (the show) and replace it with the one they are getting in DCA (the ride). Probably not enough room for that though.

Now I know that some of you are still upset that DL gets more TLC then we do but realize they need it more. Plus, if you look at the last 5 years WDW has gotten some amazing stuff. (Soarin', E:E, MILF, TSMM, LMA, KPWSA) To us I know that doesnt seem like much cause we either go a lot or read about the place a lot. But to someone who only goes once ever few years this is a lot. When i was younger we would only go once every 3 years and I always remember there being something new. Looking back, if I went as much back then as I do now, it wouldn't seem like that much new stuff.

And on paper a lot of the attractions we hate now looked good. When i saw the plans for SGE, I thought it sounded amazing as I hated ETAE and didnt feel like it was Disney enough. But now i see all the problems with that ride. (He wasnt called Stitch till he got to earth, etc....)

Also about HP, has anyone actuall read up on it. So far I havent actually seen any plans for an actually ride other than incorperating DD into the area. Other than that it is mostly just an area with a couple shops, a resturant and some fancy walls. So Disney really has nothing to be afraid of lol.

Ok well I believe that I have said enough for today lol

Lee

Adventurer
...I hated ETAE and didnt feel like it was Disney enough.
Ok....I'm gonna just cruise right past that one....:lookaroun

Also about HP, has anyone actuall read up on it. So far I havent actually seen any plans for an actually ride other than incorperating DD into the area. Other than that it is mostly just an area with a couple shops, a resturant and some fancy walls. So Disney really has nothing to be afraid of lol.

I do know what they're up to over there. Disney has every reason to be afraid, if for no other reason than the new ride has the potential to make all Disney's recent efferts look weak. Killer new ride plus a highly themed land incorporating the existing rides with new shops and eats....it's gonna be nice. Real nice.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Also about HP, has anyone actuall read up on it. So far I havent actually seen any plans for an actually ride other than incorperating DD into the area.
All being well, the signature ride will make the ToT, the EMV and Spiderman look like a carnival ride.

GothMickey

I do know what they're up to over there. Disney has every reason to be afraid, if for no other reason than the new ride has the potential to make all Disney's recent efferts look weak. Killer new ride plus a highly themed land incorporating the existing rides with new shops and eats....it's gonna be nice. Real nice.

Providing they can actually pull it off. Their track record of pulling off amazing attractions, other than Spiderman, is not too great. I'll hold off judgement on HP until it opens and I see it for myself. From what I read and saw from concept art, it looks like it has the potential to be awesome.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Ok....I'm gonna just cruise right past that one....:lookaroun

shotgun. holy cow....

All being well, the signature ride will make the ToT, the EMV and Spiderman look like a carnival ride.
HUH, well, ill retract what i said earlier. If it turns out like you say it projects to be, ill suggest a trip so Sam and ride this thing and I can witness it too. Ill play along. Then we will hit Dueling Dragons.

Martin, how much of the construction has been completed/started?

hokielutz

i hope so. The concept art was stunning, but we all know what concept art looks like and then widdle down due to budget.

Ill visit it one day since Sam is a big fan of HP. I dont mind it, i just wouldnt make a special trip unless someone else wants to. Ill be over at Dueling Dragons :animwink:

Most recent case in point... look at the concept art for the exterior of the Idol attraction. The actual building is no where near that concept on the exterior.

hokielutz

Disney doesn't care about HP. If HP brings people to Orlando, that's a win for Disney, as they know that the vast majority who go to Orlando also go to Disney. Disney see their big threat from cruises and Vegas. Maybe some egos at Disney would like to see something to brag about at the time of HP, but I think that's about all.

Let's also wait and see how good HP even is. If it's the usual Universal standard, I would expect a lot of hype, and not much substance.

I am going to have to agree with you on your points. The introduction of IoA was a much bigger concern that Potter will be, and Disney survived and thrived... while IoA attendance dropped in consecutive years this past decade.
I think Potter world will be good, boost attendance a bit, but would not keep the attention of visitors for a full day. There is no need to panic, but as selfish as I am, I wouldn't mind seeing some more plussing in the parks.

hokielutz

I totally agree, that whole area back there is big enough for something good.

Speaking of the back area... I really hate that some of the movie props and vehicles back there have been left to waste in the FL sun every day. MM1, FotN ship, Herbie, etc.... really looks awful how they have deteriorated.

Lee

Adventurer
Martin, how much of the construction has been completed/started?

If I may...
They have done much of the demo that will be required in the old Lost Continent. (Dragons' outdoor areas are all tore up and the dragons at the entry went to a dumpster. Enchanted Oak was chopped down.)

The main show building for the new ride/Hogwarts (kinda biggish...) is done and the ride is beginning to be installed. Track is on site, and supports are already being placed inside the building.

That said...they are behind schedule and a bit over budget...

Across the way, Rockit is really moving along. It really towers over the park. Can I ride yet?:eek:

jt04

If I may...
They have done much of the demo that will be required in the old Lost Continent. (Dragons' outdoor areas are all tore up and the dragons at the entry went to a dumpster. Enchanted Oak was chopped down.)

The main show building for the new ride/Hogwarts (kinda biggish...) is done and the ride is beginning to be installed. Track is on site, and supports are already being placed inside the building.

That said...they are behind schedule and a bit over budget...

Across the way, Rockit is really moving along. It really towers over the park. Can I ride yet?:eek:

I hope they are keeping the DD queue, 2nd best thing at IoA.

WDW1974

Im kinda glad I live on the west coast now cause of WDW's sad state. While DCA gets a billion dollar make-over WDW falls more and more apart. Or is it just from the bias of WDW magic and Miceage? I don't know.

I wouldn't say WDW is falling apart, really. ALthough there certainly are parts of the place where neglect is very obvious and lots of work is needed.

The larger picture is that WDW has spent a decade cutting 'fat' and allowing parks to grow stale and now with the economy in free fall, they want to cut more. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that means a lower quality experience for guests across the board as well as grumpier CMs.

WDW1974

Yeah, it is ridiculous.

I think many of us here are talking about the management differences and Lasseter's involvement, not whether DL is truly better than WDW. As a resort, it isn't; WDW offers way more.

Well, it's very hard to compare. WDW is a true resort, while DL is trying to become one (albeit a much smaller one).

The thing is, when people say WDW has so much more (which it does) ... I tend to point out that DL has more and much more diverse things available as part of a vacation ... within a five hour drive you have everything from Mexico to San Diego to the amazing Pacific coast beaches to giant Sequoia forests to Las Vegas to Hollywood and all of the entertainment industry.

But DL versus the MK is another story, not because DL is intrinsically better (I prefer the MK), but because it gets more refurbs and upgrades.

That's obviously a matter of opinion. I firmly believe DL is intrinsically better and was even 15 years ago when they cared about quality at MK. DL is just a better overall product in countless ways from cleanliness to details to number of attractions and quality of them to live entertainment to shopping ... MK has always been No. 2, now it's just a distant No. 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom