Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

DarkMeasures

Im kinda glad I live on the west coast now cause of WDW's sad state. While DCA gets a billion dollar make-over WDW falls more and more apart. Or is it just from the bias of WDW magic and Miceage? I don't know.

jt04

Im kinda glad I live on the west coast now cause of WDW's sad state. While DCA gets a billion dollar make-over WDW falls more and more apart. Or is it just from the bias of WDW magic and Miceage? I don't know.

From reading that west coast blag, I am convinced DL's SSE, M:S, TTA, Laugh Floor, RnRC, E:E, KS, FotLK, AK resort, World Showcase, Kim Possible Adventure and even the DL castle is better.

Plus I really like the DL campground, Cirque Show, Test Track etc etc etc........:lookaroun

Disneyfanman

Disney doesn't care about HP. If HP brings people to Orlando, that's a win for Disney, as they know that the vast majority who go to Orlando also go to Disney. Disney see their big threat from cruises and Vegas. Maybe some egos at Disney would like to see something to brag about at the time of HP, but I think that's about all.

Let's also wait and see how good HP even is. If it's the usual Universal standard, I would expect a lot of hype, and not much substance.

I agree with this. Disney seems to worry about its own house. I think that they viewed IOA as a serious threat when it was first being constructed, but that their strategic thinking has changed. I have sensed no panic about the competition for awhile. The are acting as if they view the economy as the threat, and not the competition. I think that they are acting wisely. My only irritation is if they cut budgets too deeply on actual current projects. I would rather that they postpone than reduce scope. Disney is famous for going all out on what they do.............Space Mountain worries me for example.

epcotWSC

If Harry Potter is the real deal, maybe they'll lose enough business that Management will wake up a bit.

Although Harry Potter is more than just a ride, it's a whole little world. It will be a whole collection of rides and will feature different locations from the movie, with shops and all that stuff to experience. Seems like a pretty cool concept (although I'm not a HP fan).

http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Most of it has gone already. The rest will follow in time.
sacrifice Catastrophe Canyon for an E-ticket... bring on the bulldozers

Disney doesn't care about HP. If HP brings people to Orlando, that's a win for Disney, as they know that the vast majority who go to Orlando also go to Disney. Disney see their big threat from cruises and Vegas. Maybe some egos at Disney would like to see something to brag about at the time of HP, but I think that's about all.

Let's also wait and see how good HP even is. If it's the usual Universal standard, I would expect a lot of hype, and not much substance.
This is what im waiting on... seriously. After all, it is universal. I hope that it exceeds their norm. Disney needs some good competition so they will push the money into something new and not cut the budget.

aladdin2007

I dont think The Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is going anywhere. They just opened it. Maybe 10 years or more down the road but in the near future I dont see it happening, altho I wish. I think something may happen to Stitch first. Did they drop the idea of moving Stitch to the Tiki Room? That idea has been very quiet lately. This is off topic but hopefully something is done to the Tiki Room for the better for the 40th. Unless were just stuck with new napkins and banners again.

Thiger

At least things are being worked on and not full stop like most of us feared.

Call me cheesy, but the attraction update that I'm most looking forward to is hearing Obama's speech in HOP!

joel_maxwell

At least things are being worked on and not full stop like most of us feared.

Call me cheesy, but the attraction update that I'm most looking forward to is hearing Obama's speech in HOP!
He is a great speaker... i hope it translates well into an AA. :lol:

SirGoofy

sacrifice Catastrophe Canyon for an E-ticket... bring on the bulldozers

Agreed, it's the only good thing about the ride.

This is what im waiting on... seriously. After all, it is universal. I hope that it exceeds their norm. Disney needs some good competition so they will push the money into something new and not cut the budget.

I agree. I desperately want this land and its major attraction to be great. Not only because I love HP, but I want something, anything, to light a fire under management's butts.

tirian

From reading that west coast blag, I am convinced DL's SSE, M:S, TTA, Laugh Floor, RnRC, E:E, KS, FotLK, AK resort, World Showcase, Kim Possible Adventure and even the DL castle is better.

Plus I really like the DL campground, Cirque Show, Test Track etc etc etc........:lookaroun

Yeah, it is ridiculous.

I think many of us here are talking about the management differences and Lasseter's involvement, not whether DL is truly better than WDW. As a resort, it isn't; WDW offers way more. But DL versus the MK is another story, not because DL is intrinsically better (I prefer the MK), but because it gets more refurbs and upgrades.

joel_maxwell

Agreed, it's the only good thing about the ride.

I agree. I desperately want this land and its major attraction to be great. Not only because I love HP, but I want something, anything, to light a fire under management's butts.
Im not a fan of HP. I never read the books (not really my style) and the movies put me to sleep... so I could careless from a "I want to visit HPL when it is complete" standpoint, i just need to competition for Disney sake

tirian

I really love the studios idea you suggest though. I see George Lucas as the one person who carried on Walt Disney's legacy so there is a continuity to having GL's work represented at DHS. Not sure WDC and Lucas see it that way but there are so many similarities between the two men in my mind so maybe that would work out. Talk about a win-win. Lucas started Pixar in case you didn't know. Jobs only nurtured it.

Except that Walt was a Republican and was committed to quality. :lol:

jt04

Except that Walt was a Republican and was committed to quality. :lol:

Hmmm, not sure I have ever heard anyone complain about the quality of work produced by ILM, THX or LucasArts. Now Howard the Duck, well that is a different story.

I think GL runs into problems sometimes because he is much more controlling than Walt Disney was.

Lucas has a vision and he surrounds himself with people that can execute that vision. They are incredibly talented but are not allowed a lot of creative leeway.

Disney had the opposite approach. He had a general idea of what he wanted and, like Lucas, surrounded himself with very talented people. But he only provided an "outline" so to speak, and pushed his people to create and fulfill the concepts. I believe he pushed his people to create beyond even that which they thought they were capable of.

Different styles entirely, but both very successful in their own right.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Im not a fan of HP. I never read the books (not really my style)
Me neither - but HPs flagship attraction will be stunning. Believe me ;)

Thankfully, TDO are worried about it - they just to get their butts in gear and complete the planned offensive.

joel_maxwell

Me neither - but HPs flagship attraction will be stunning. Believe me ;)

Thankfully, TDO are worried about it - they just to get their butts in gear and complete the planned offensive.
i hope so. The concept art was stunning, but we all know what concept art looks like and then widdle down due to budget.

Ill visit it one day since Sam is a big fan of HP. I dont mind it, i just wouldnt make a special trip unless someone else wants to. Ill be over at Dueling Dragons :animwink:

Hmmm, not sure I have ever heard anyone complain about the quality of work produced by ILM, THX or LucasArts. Now Howard the Duck, well that is a different story.

I think GL runs into problems sometimes because he is much more controlling than Walt Disney was.

Lucas has a vision and he surrounds himself with people that can execute that vision. They are incredibly talented but are not allowed a lot of creative leeway.

Disney had the opposite approach. He had a general idea of what he wanted and, like Lucas, surrounded himself with very talented people. But he only provided an "outline" so to speak, and pushed his people to create and fulfill the concepts. I believe he pushed his people to create beyond even that which they thought they were capable of.

Different styles entirely, but both very successful in their own right.

I'm guessing you missed Phantom Menace

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom