Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

SirGoofy

The vehicles?
Kinda like this, but not exactly. And with 100% more broomage.
kuka-robocoaster-web.jpg

I knew it was a Kuka arm, but BROOMS!!!!? I'm totally geeking out about this ride.

And thanks for the info WDW1974! Glad to hear they are actually putting some things into motion with Monsters.

SirGoofy

Maybe brooms.
I've heard both ways, brooms or flying Ford Anglias....but mostly brooms.
Anyone know more?:shrug:

Yea, I had heard that it was going to be the car. I'd prefer brooms. It'll drive kids nuts(in the good way) if they got to ride brooms.

I've got another question, Lee. Will Dueling Dragons' trains both remain dragons? I heard whispers that one of the trains would be rethemed to brooms to fit with the Triwizard Tourney.

kcnole

I had originally heard it was going to be the car, but truth be told I haven't heard a word about what's going on inside there since then, so who knows. It could have changed.

Lee

Adventurer
I've got another question, Lee. Will Dueling Dragons' trains both remain dragons? I heard whispers that one of the trains would be rethemed to brooms to fit with the Triwizard Tourney.

Last I heard, the whole ride will be altered to be like the Tri-wizard Tourney. Specifically the part where you deal with dragons. I guess the queue will set up the challenge, then you...umm...ride the dragons?:shrug:

As for the others, I prefer the brooms, as well. Plus, there will be an interactive element involved...wands and such...

At least one other person lurking around here knows for sure, I think....maybe he will decide to chime in....

GothMickey

We have gone from talking about Monsters Inc ride to Harry Potter. Who said Disney shouldn't be worried, and aren't worried? Well, they should be. Here we are on a Disney site, talking about a potentially new Disney ride, and we are talking about specifics for a Universal attraction. Yes, Disney should be worried.

SirGoofy

Last I heard, the whole ride will be altered to be like the Tri-wizard Tourney. Specifically the part where you deal with dragons. I guess the queue will set up the challenge, then you...umm...ride the dragons?:shrug:

:lol: Sounds like an interesting concept.

As for the others, I prefer the brooms, as well. Plus, there will be an interactive element involved...wands and such...

Okay...I can't hear anything more about this...because I now have incredibly high expectations.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Visuals for my earlier Potter-status post.
An overview of the site. Note that Enchanted Oak restaurant is gone, as are all the entryway from Dragons and the other themeing in that area.
Also...that giant gray showbuilding (Hogwarts).
db_2009_0111_IOA_DuelingDragons11.jpg

db_2009_0111_IOA_DuelingDragons41.jpg

The vehicles?
Kinda like this, but not exactly. And with 100% more broomage.
kuka-robocoaster-web.jpg
wasnt Tony baxter working on some concepts with this style technology?

Lee

Adventurer
Can he? I thought Universal had exclusive rights to the robot arm? Or is he tweaking it enough to get away with it?

He was at one time.
Key word being "was".

Now, it's all Uni's as far as being used as a ride.
Stuff like the angler fish doesn't count.

NewfieFan

I'm just going to chime in here for a moment if I may... some of you have said, Disney shouldn't be worried, Disney isn't worried, Disney is worried, etc. We all have our own opinions about this I'm sure. And most of us want Disney to be worried (I think) b/c then maybe, just maybe they'll do something about it and build another attraction that we all want! I personally would like for this to be a success for Universal so it will push Disney in the right direction (so to speak)!

But it terms of Disney being worried or not being worried... I think they are! It's true what some of you have said... Disney will still have vistors and those that come to check out the new HP will probably be going to Disney as well. I don't think Disney is worried in that aspect... people will still come to Disney but I think where Disney needs to worry (and possibly they already are) is losing visitors for a day. As we all know Disney would like nothing better than for you to spend your whole vacation there. And I think they've done a pretty good job of it with some of their packages and specials. Why leave Disney if it would be cheaper to stay (sometimes)!?! People's vacations are not getting longer and I'm sure they won't with the way the economy is at the moment. So, if HP is a big enough draw (which I suspect it will be) people are going to be taking a day of their vacation and going over "there" to check it out. That's lost money for Disney! It's only a day but it's lost money! Even if we've paid for a package and we're still in their resort... they're still losing money. We're not in their park that day spending money on food, merch. etc. We also could change our spending overall if we have a planned trip over to Universal... maybe cut back on some of our spending in the parks to "make-up" for the day trip to Universal!

This is where I think Disney should be worried and they would need to do something drastic to prevent this. What!?! I don't know! But they're going to have to do something and a new theme isn't going to cut it in 2010, I think!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Since i have never never been to IOA, is the HP land going in to the South of DD? From the satellite, I see some coaster that is really small between DD and a grassy area? Is that the location?

GothMickey

I'm just going to chime in here for a moment if I may... some of you have said, Disney shouldn't be worried, Disney isn't worried, Disney is worried, etc. We all have our own opinions about this I'm sure. And most of us want Disney to be worried (I think) b/c then maybe, just maybe they'll do something about it and build another attraction that we all want! I personally would like for this to be a success for Universal so it will push Disney in the right direction (so to speak)!

But it terms of Disney being worried or not being worried... I think they are! It's true what some of you have said... Disney will still have vistors and those that come to check out the new HP will probably be going to Disney as well. I don't think Disney is worried in that aspect... people will still come to Disney but I think where Disney needs to worry (and possibly they already are) is losing visitors for a day. As we all know Disney would like nothing better than for you to spend your whole vacation there. And I think they've done a pretty good job of it with some of their packages and specials. Why leave Disney if it would be cheaper to stay (sometimes)!?! People's vacations are not getting longer and I'm sure they won't with the way the economy is at the moment. So, if HP is a big enough draw (which I suspect it will be) people are going to be taking a day of their vacation and going over "there" to check it out. That's lost money for Disney! It's only a day but it's lost money! Even if we've paid for a package and we're still in their resort... they're still losing money. We're not in their park that day spending money on food, merch. etc. We also could change our spending overall if we have a planned trip over to Universal... maybe cut back on some of our spending in the parks to "make-up" for the day trip to Universal!

This is where I think Disney should be worried and they would need to do something drastic to prevent this. What!?! I don't know! But they're going to have to do something and a new theme isn't going to cut it in 2010, I think!

I am sure Disney expects people to leave property once, or maybe twice during their vacations. There is just way too much to do in the central Florida area. However, what they should be concerned about is people staying over at Universal and not Disney. They should be concerned that HP will be so successful, and so huge, that it pulls people off for 2 or 3 days, just to go to Universal, not including the 1 day for SeaWorld. I can see people choosing between DHS, AK or that extra day seeing Harry Potter. My feeling is, people will choose that extra day to see HP. And if that happens, then people may start thinking, why spead these prices for a Disney resort if we are going to only spend 3 of our 5 days there? Let's stay in I-Drive, spend a lot less for our hotel, spend 3 days at Universal to see HP, then 2 days at Disney.

NewfieFan

I am sure Disney expects people to leave property once, or maybe twice during their vacations. There is just way too much to do in the central Florida area. However, what they should be concerned about is people staying over at Universal and not Disney. They should be concerned that HP will be so successful, and so huge, that it pulls people off for 2 or 3 days, just to go to Universal, not including the 1 day for SeaWorld. I can see people choosing between DHS, AK or that extra day seeing Harry Potter. My feeling is, people will choose that extra day to see HP. And if that happens, then people may start thinking, why spead these prices for a Disney resort if we are going to only spend 3 of our 5 days there? Let's stay in I-Drive, spend a lot less for our hotel, spend 3 days at Universal to see HP, then 2 days at Disney.

Maybe so... but I think Disney has been pretty successful at keeping some of its visitors on property for their whole vacation! But I think this is about to change...!

Lee

Adventurer
Since i have never never been to IOA, is the HP land going in to the South of DD? From the satellite, I see some coaster that is really small between DD and a grassy area? Is that the location?

That little coaster is the old Flying Unicorn. It will remain and be rethemed as the Flying Hippogriff or.

Yeah, Potter will extend from roughly where Mythos is all the way around to Jurassic Park.
This is roughly it. (I'm not sure how much (or all) of Sinbad is going to be used, so I went ahead and included it.)
pottersite.JPG

jt04

That little coaster is the old Flying Unicorn. It will remain and be rethemed as the Flying Hippogriff or.

Yeah, Potter will extend from roughly where Mythos is all the way around to Jurassic Park.
This is roughly it. (I'm not sure how much (or all) of Sinbad is going to be used, so I went ahead and included it.)
pottersite.JPG

Last I heard Sinbad was staying and while it is a fun show, you would think they would want to go ahead and expand Potter there. Seems odd to me if they don't.

GothMickey

Last I heard Sinbad was staying and while it is a fun show, you would think they would want to go ahead and expand Potter there. Seems odd to me if they don't.

Seems odd to me to. I mean, what land would Sinbad belong to? Lost Continent is where Potter is going, right? They should do some sort of Harry Potter show there, complete with amazing EFX.

GothMickey

Maybe so... but I think Disney has been pretty successful at keeping some of its visitors on property for their whole vacation! But I think this is about to change...!

I agree, people taking a week's vacation for the purpose of solely seeing Disney is about to change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom