Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

WDW1974

Me neither - but HPs flagship attraction will be stunning. Believe me ;)

The whole 'land' will be and I am NOT a HP fan. Never read a book. I've only seen four of the films and three were on flights, the other at home on ABC Family.

I find the look of the films to be wonderful and whimsical. But the acting?!?? UGH!!! No wonder Daniel Radcliffe is going nude on Broadway ... he's hoping it takes the attention off of his other short-comings (namely he can't act!)

So, I'm going in without the HP fan geek factor ... and I'll judge it thusly.

Thankfully, TDO are worried about it - they just to get their butts in gear and complete the planned offensive.

Well ... I was told last night that Monsters work is indeed going on beyond prep and that Jim Hill actually got it right.

I pushed the spirit who told me and they stuck to the account. Hopefully, that's true.

But again ... the MK is where Disney's response needs to come and it needs to be big and it needs to be signature Disney quality (in other words, unlike just about anything built at WDW this decade!)

Ausdaddy

I find the look of the films to be wonderful and whimsical. But the acting?!?? UGH!!! No wonder Daniel Radcliffe is going nude on Broadway ... he's hoping it takes the attention of his other short-comings (namely he can't act!)

Actually, I've heard that going nude has ...uh....identified his short-comings...:)

CaptainMichael

I think Potter world will be good, boost attendance a bit, but would not keep the attention of visitors for a full day.

orly.jpg

If people are going to Unversal for TWWoHP, they will spend at LEAST a day there. Why wouldn't they? If I'm paying admission, I'm gonna do everything I possibly can.

MAGICFLOP

I don't blame Disney for showing caution on future attractions. You are talking hundreds on millions of dollars. In a weak economy and cash flow crunch, money management is critical. We all want New rides, but it's more important for Disney to weather this storm.

We are in an era that huge companies that we thought could not go under, Did.. All because of poor money management.

TakeMeThere81

Toonification and Pixarification continue to concern me, but it's nice to have a "Pixar Studios" were we can now dump stuff like this. The MI coaster should be a pretty sweet ride, too... I just wish we could see some more dark rides at DHS. And more that evokes Hollywood rather than marketing's latest DVD release...

I agree, I'm sort of sick of seeing attractions made from toon themes. I'd like to see more movie-making themes, along the lines of ToT, RnR, LMA, Star Tours...Why on earth Monster's Inc? *sigh* Isn't there other more exciting movies or even movie-making themes that could make awesome coaster themes? Don't get me wrong, I love Pixar.

the-reason14

I guess Disney can't win with some of you. You complain that they are not what they used to be and are being cheap, yet when they try to fix the problems they are knocked for letting it break to begin with! :rolleyes: Unbelievable!

See, I agree with you. Although this is still a rumor, its seems to be making headway. At first people were talking about how nothing new was planned for WDW, and how Uni is getting this or whatever, and now we hear about a project that was once said to be shelved is now close to being greenlit and now what do we get? More complaints. Even though this coaster may not see the light of day anytime soon, if the rumor keeps coming up, it just shows that WDI and management arent just sitting on their butts they are actually planning and thinking up new things for the parks. Whether or not they get the greenlight is up for discussion. But atleast people should be happy that a new ride, not show or "attraction" is coming to mgm.

And I dont see how the mgm of around 1990 could compete with the mgm of today. I would think its obvious that mgm today is better. Like someone else said, they have ToT, TSM, etc. and all they had back in the day was the GMR and BT. Yea, the theme of mgm may have been lost as far as the working studious and sets, but I rather have TSM, ToT, even Rrrc than just 2 rides and some working sets. And I think a lot of people feel that way too.

I mean really when are they going to start making the attraction? When ever My friends go to DHS They always have something blocked off for an upcoming attraction or refurbishing stuff!
You just had Pixar Place like blocked Off several months ago and pretty soon another part of the park would be blocked off! Lets just hope that you can get by easily without being squished!

Animaniac93-98

Marni, 74, whomever, what's the latest goings on with The Once Great Movie Ride? I know it's off topic but I'd love to hear what they might do with it (good or bad, good as in update and build on to what already exists, bad as in getting rid of it altogether or adding stuff like Pirates because some random person said the movie was "kewl", seriously stick with the classics and not some random film you saw in the summer and were amused with for 2 hrs).

rant over.

the-reason14

I am going to have to agree with you on your points. The introduction of IoA was a much bigger concern that Potter will be, and Disney survived and thrived... while IoA attendance dropped in consecutive years this past decade.
I think Potter world will be good, boost attendance a bit, but would not keep the attention of visitors for a full day. There is no need to panic, but as selfish as I am, I wouldn't mind seeing some more plussing in the parks.

I used to have a very biased view toward disney, in that anything anybody else did wasnt up to disney's standards and wouldnt be as great. But now I have a more realistic point of view, and I think that this HP land(not a fan of hp) is gonna do good for IOA's attendance. They said when E:E opened it boosted Ak's attendance, so I think HP will do the same for IOA. Maybe even in the long run. I mean, HP is a big franchise. So it is going to attract a lot of people. And yes, disney is disney and can get people through the gates from its history and past or whatever, but I think this competition is gonna do good for WDW. Either way, I think its exciting to see whats gonna happen.

tirian

I used to have a very biased view toward disney, in that anything anybody else did wasnt up to disney's standards and wouldnt be as great. But now I have a more realistic point of view, and I think that this HP land(not a fan of hp) is gonna do good for IOA's attendance. They said when E:E opened it boosted Ak's attendance, so I think HP will do the same for IOA. Maybe even in the long run. I mean, HP is a big franchise. So it is going to attract a lot of people. And yes, disney is disney and can get people through the gates from its history and past or whatever, but I think this competition is gonna do good for WDW. Either way, I think its exciting to see whats gonna happen.

Great point. People like to say, "One ride isn't going to affect IOA's attendance!" but one ride DID dramatically increase DAK's numbers.

tirian

Marni, 74, whomever, what's the latest goings on with The Once Great Movie Ride? I know it's off topic but I'd love to hear what they might do with it (good or bad, good as in update and build on to what already exists, bad as in getting rid of it altogether or adding stuff like Pirates because some random person said the movie was "kewl", seriously stick with the classics and not some random film you saw in the summer and were amused with for 2 hrs).

rant over.

I agree; for that matter, it's ridiculous for Sister Act and PoTC to be featured in the same movie montage as Rocky, Gone with the Wind, and the Godfather.

jt04

Well ... I was told last night that Monsters work is indeed going on beyond prep and that Jim Hill actually got it right.

So is there an apology in there somewhere?:shrug: You pretty much said he didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

PS-I will have to apologize to him if they ever build that Russian pavilion.:lookaroun

jt04

I agree; for that matter, it's ridiculous for Sister Act and PoTC to be featured in the same movie montage as Rocky, Gone with the Wind, and the Godfather.

Simple solution, they could just make it "The Great Disney Movie Ride"

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
If I may...
They have done much of the demo that will be required in the old Lost Continent. (Dragons' outdoor areas are all tore up and the dragons at the entry went to a dumpster. Enchanted Oak was chopped down.)

The main show building for the new ride/Hogwarts (kinda biggish...) is done and the ride is beginning to be installed. Track is on site, and supports are already being placed inside the building.

That said...they are behind schedule and a bit over budget...

Across the way, Rockit is really moving along. It really towers over the park. Can I ride yet?:eek:
Huh. well, i guess i have just missed out. The sites that i frequent for all Dsiney properties, all parks around the world and the local Florida parks (SW and US) hasnt really had any postings. I guess i could do a google search to see if any enthusist have been stalking the property

From our discussion earlier, the ride will be a combination of Spidy, TSMM but with vehicles like Countdown to Extinction, errr, I mean Dinosaur? :D

tirian

That's obviously a matter of opinion. I firmly believe DL is intrinsically better and was even 15 years ago when they cared about quality at MK. DL is just a better overall product in countless ways from cleanliness to details to number of attractions and quality of them to live entertainment to shopping ... MK has always been No. 2, now it's just a distant No. 2.

I just don't like being squished in a massive sea of APs who think they own the place...the gorgeous FL, decent AL, amazing NOS, worthwhile CC, terrible FrL, and awful TL.

Lee

Adventurer
Visuals for my earlier Potter-status post.
An overview of the site. Note that Enchanted Oak restaurant is gone, as are all the entryway from Dragons and the other themeing in that area.
Also...that giant gray showbuilding (Hogwarts).
db_2009_0111_IOA_DuelingDragons11.jpg

db_2009_0111_IOA_DuelingDragons41.jpg

The vehicles?
Kinda like this, but not exactly. And with 100% more broomage.
kuka-robocoaster-web.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom