Mission:Space update (confirmed)

UpAllNight

I never liked the training aspect, they should have made the ride feel like you were actually going to space for some exploration purpose and not in a training mission.

I like the ride though and updated graphics are welcome. New effects? I can't imagine what this could be...smoke effects in the less intense side? New lighting? I'm struggling to picture anything else with such a ride system.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There should be other ride experience changes.

Previously, the hubbub was that this refurb would include new missions, OR, it would get things ready for new missions to be added later. So, are you confirming that this refurb will include the new missions?

gsimpson

I would be all for adding/changing the mission. It would be better to add actual interactive elements (I.E. if you don't do the job you crash). I love the tech behind MS and don't understand why they haven't altered it, unless it has to do with the various legal issues between Disney and Environmental Techtonics. At the risk of getting flamed severely I would even love a simulator shoot-m-up where you use the joysticks to shoot at targets and earn points. Love Midway Mania and Buzz.

Haymarket2008

Previously, the hubbub was that this refurb would include new missions, OR, it would get things ready for new missions to be added later. So, are you confirming that this refurb will include the new missions?

I believe he mentioned that Orange and Green would each have different experiences.

BlindChow

I never liked the training aspect, they should have made the ride feel like you were actually going to space for some exploration purpose and not in a training mission.
I always hated that aspect of Misson Space; it's not a simulator ride that let's you experience a Mission to Mars, it's a simulator ride that simulates another simulator ride.

It was bafflingly unimaginative, especially for something that was replacing Horizons.

HMF

I always hated that aspect of Misson Space; it's not a simulator ride that let's you experience a Mission to Mars, it's a simulator ride that simulates another simulator ride.

It was bafflingly unimaginative, especially for something that was replacing Horizons.
You would have to have a full spacestation and Seabase Alpha-style premise for that to be believable. The long white hallway that leads to the postshow is the worst aspect of the ride and I hope it is addressed during this refurb.

Robbiem

I wonder if the refurbishment is related to Star Wars land plans. Disney could use the update to test elements of the new millennium falcon ride like the test track refurb was used for the Tron coaster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom