Mission:Space update (confirmed)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm sure someone can chime in with the details - but that was supposed to be the pre-show to the pavilion itself - kind of like SeaCabs once upon a time at the Living Seas. I don't believe there was an actual other ride, but it was supposed to be what transported you to Mars which you then could walk around and experience. Instead, they just built the preshow, you get off, and that's it.
Well, not exactly -- you also get to experience the "race to Mars" game AND that out-of-this-world gift shop...

sedati

Finally got to do the new green mission and as someone who was very familiar with both versions of the old version, I believe they definitely compensated for lack of spinning with more tilting than the old green version. A definite improvement in my opinion.
I had the chance for a second ride and was planning on trying green, but went with orange a second time (even after imbibing.) Hopefully I can check this out eventually- some complain that it doesn't look like much, but I love the idea of a simple sightseeing orbit with hurricane finale.

Frizzball

I don't know whether I just went at a weird time (which I doubt because I was there in the relatively quiet last week of August) but the queue time for both missions was incredibly long. Orange was at 120 minutes and Green at 40 which led to us choosing the latter.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I don't know whether I just went at a weird time (which I doubt because I was there in the relatively quiet last week of August) but the queue time for both missions was incredibly long. Orange was at 120 minutes and Green at 40 which led to us choosing the latter.
Well, i'm not sure if it had everything to do with the long lines, but the attraction had just re-opened on August 13th after a lengthy refurb.

Kevin_W

Last month we used a FP for orange and they were only operating 1 simulator, but it looked like they still had given out the same # of FP. So the standby line, while not physically long, had a big wait.

Biff215

Might have been a simulator down, but I’ve also found wait times for MS to be very unreliable. Not sure if they inflate them to make it seem more popular or maybe to push some from orange to green. We were there at the end of August and it was a walk on both times, felt bad wasting a FP although tier 2 is mostly pointless anyway.

My 5 year old loved green and he would have been otherwise unable to ride, but I kind of missed the old less extreme version. Just seemed very boring to me when compared to the Mars mission.

peter11435

Might have been a simulator down, but I’ve also found wait times for MS to be very unreliable. Not sure if they inflate them to make it seem more popular or maybe to push some from orange to green. We were there at the end of August and it was a walk on both times, felt bad wasting a FP although tier 2 is mostly pointless anyway.

My 5 year old loved green and he would have been otherwise unable to ride, but I kind of missed the old less extreme version. Just seemed very boring to me when compared to the Mars mission.
They always post Orange higher than green regardless of what the actual wait time might be.

THE Monorail Lime

image.jpeg
Epic poster=epic ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom