Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Kamikaze

An attraction that takes place in the Hollywood Tower Hotel didn't fit into a park called California Adventure? I challenge you to name an attraction that's currently in the park that fits the overall park theme better than that.

Just because its in a building with the name of 'Hollywood' doesn't mean the theme of the attraction fits in with anything else.

Yes, and Dinorama is ok because it's supposed to look like crap. A throw away line in the attraction is silly. It's a stretch at best.

I made that post before the ride opened, so I didn't know about Rocket's line. But if you continued to read the thread, you would have seen that they made a comic and backstory as to why and how the Fortress is where it is.

PorterRedkey

So, M:S goes down for refurb in a few days. I have a few questions about the refurb.

What will be the theme of the new movie? Will it be a training mission still or will it be portrayed as a "real" trip to Mars?
Is Lt. Dan still in the pre-show? Honestly, I would be okay to lose him.
Will the Green version have a toned down video of the Orange video or will it be the same? Maybe the same video, but with small changes?
Will the queue be changed in any way? New layout? New scenes? Even getting the space station moving would be a plus.
Will the buttons actually do something? Will the experience change depending on the rider's input?

Calling all insider's!

sedati

Previously, the hubbub was that this refurb would include new missions, OR, it would get things ready for new missions to be added later. So, are you confirming that this refurb will include the new missions?

As I understand it we can go anywhere except Europa. All the worlds are ours except Europa- we can attempt no landing there.

(points to anyone who gets this reference)

djkidkaz

Why do people care so much about IP's being used? If Pandora was exactly the same and the FoP was the same exact attraction except they used dragons instead of the Avatar banshees would that make the ride better?

I'm going to a place called Disney World where that company's biggest asset is its characters. That's exactly what I expect to see there.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So, M:S goes down for refurb in a few days. I have a few questions about the refurb.

What will be the theme of the new movie? Will it be a training mission still or will it be portrayed as a "real" trip to Mars?
Will the Green version have a toned down video of the Orange video or will it be the same? Maybe the same video, but with small changes?
Will the queue be changed in any way? New layout? New scenes? Even getting the space station moving would be a plus.
Will the buttons actually do something? Will the experience change depending on the rider's input?

Calling all insider's!
Wouldn't it be fun if they re-imagined M:S with the old video from Soarin'?

IanDLBZF

No I am not an insider, but I can speculate that, most likely unless something gets announced at D23 or sooner, everything will probably be the same.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Why do people care so much about IP's being used? If Pandora was exactly the same and the FoP was the same exact attraction except they used dragons instead of the Avatar banshees would that make the ride better?

I'm going to a place called Disney World where that company's biggest asset is its characters. That's exactly what I expect to see there.
Did you expect to see Mickey Mouse in Frozen?

No I am not an insider, but I can speculate that, most likely unless something gets announced at D23 or sooner, everything will probably be the same.
Mission: SPACE is closing for construction work.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes

It used to be that the Disney Company's biggest asset was its creativity. Now it seems its biggest asset is marketing itself as a brand, and you've made yourself living proof of that.

HMF

I think they will make updates but not publicize it much as they should. Over the last decade there has been a lot of things Disney has done that should be obvious (Refurbs, Meet and greets etc.) that Disney has publicized as if they were major new attractions. New Fantasyland being Exhibit A.

misterID

I'm a rare bird regarding my attachment to this ride. This is my favorite ride in all of wdw! The launch sequence is straight up awesome...but more people out there are more agreeable to your opinion regarding mission space.
Would you happen to have any details that can be shared regarding any changes to the attraction?
You are a very rare bird... :hungry:

P_Radden

Because there's a balance that's tipping too far the wrong way.

It used to be a mix of IP and original themed attractions. We don't need cross promotion synergy shoved into every attraction.
damn-right.jpg.png

well said Martin

Colter

Epcot (Future World) feels lost to me thematically anyway. So much unused space like Innoventions, Capt EO, the old Body Building (Gold Dome). At times I get a struggling theme park vibe there, which is absurd for Disney. The Land and Seas work but once HS has it's upgrades there will be huge changes to that side of Epcot....and it needs it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom